PDA

View Full Version : Never good enough but never give up!

Jamsie 567
02-25-2008, 10:47 PM
I read a Ron Paul Rebels story about him and his daughter. It compelled me to write a little something about my life and how Ron Paul affected me. I encourage others to do the same on this thread and tell us how Ron Paul affected you.

When I was 8 years old I was told my dad had one year to live. He was diagnosed with a very serious form of malignant brain cancer. 3 brain tumors later he passed away when I was 18 years old. I learned what a true fighter was there were days he wanted to give up. He chose his battles and life was one of them. I remember walking into his room after his first surgery and he asked me who I was. I was not the best kid growing up there are a lot of things I regret. There were times I felt guilty feeling maybe I wasn't there for him enough.

After he passed away things changed. I went from going to no direction in life to actually wanting to make this man proud. The fact I never I could it pushed me harder. Maybe if I could change something, be someone he would give me a sign. I got a job as a customer service rep in the medical business shortly after his passing. 5 years later and 5 promotions later I became one of the top ranked sales reps in the company.

He taught me the little things in life matterd. I remember he worked so hard all day and came home and worked some more. He had this thing that he wanted the people around him to be comfortable so much so it was annoying but damn I miss it. I would of drank that cup of water he offered me every 5 minutes if I had that chance again hah.

I found Ron Paul last year and things started to change. I started caring about my country again and I started really beleiving in this message. I became an activst trying to think of ideas to get Ron Paul some coverage. I was angered by the fact this man was the real deal and yet they said there were only a few of us on the internet. I found away to prove them wrong.

On Oct 11th I thought of an idea for Ron Paul to have 100,000 people donate 100 dollars on November 5th. I released November 5th for Ron Paul on Oct 14th on YouTube. You guys know the story from there Trevor Lyman makes the website and people start plegding to donate the rest was history.

One week before November 5th my father would come back into my life. Not only did I think of this idea to prove a point to the establishment but I was also reminded by my mom November 5th was my fathers birthday. I didn't show any emotion for a long time I cried when he passed but I was strong enough to read a poem in front of everyone at his funeral and not even flinch. I lost it when I heard this information I turned as pale as a ghost.

Two things happened on November 5th for me. I got my faith back and my hope was restored in my country. To this day I believe my father empowered to think of November 5th. Life works in mysterious ways. This accomplishment meant something to us all, it was a testament that a simple idea can still change things. The fact my father will always be a part of this day was the real victory of November 5th to me. This is a story of never being good enough to accomplishing something so powerful it changed my life.

November 5th was a tribute to my dad Luis A Sugra and the country we fight to preserve. On November 10th I was credited by the New York Times as the creator of November 5th mass donation day for Ron Paul.

Remember, remember the 5th of November.

"You are good enough and always believe in yourself."

Regards,

James S.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=V9GP0wNmBII

kigol
02-25-2008, 11:19 PM
nice.

malkusm
02-25-2008, 11:28 PM
+1