PDA

View Full Version : Go to www.cnn.com/caffertyfile -NOW!

EvilTwinkie
08-15-2007, 02:30 PM
Answer jacks 4pm question

4 p.m.: Which candidate from the crop of 2008 contenders would do the best job uniting this country and why?

Shink
08-15-2007, 02:33 PM
Be concise and make an impact. Mention his beating all candidates (DEMS TOO!) with military donations. I'm coaching rather than doing this solely because I've tried many times to get a comment on there with no luck.

CodeMonkey
08-15-2007, 02:37 PM
"Ron Paul would unite this nation like no other. His honesty and integrity make him the type of president for which all Americans yearn. His message of freedom, liberty, and constitutional government transcend party lines. Republicans, Democrats, and Independents all know the government has overstepped its bounds, they only disagree on which areas it has done so. The truth is that the federal government has reached beyond its scope in almost all areas, and needs to be restored to its original purpose."

remaxjon
08-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Ron Paul of course

Our divided people have only one thing in comment. The desire for liberty. No one wants to be told what to do and how to live. Ron Paul is the only person running that will give us the power back. The messgae of liberty brings us together and celebrates our differences.

I think the liberty angle is the best way to go

Dominic
08-15-2007, 02:41 PM
"Greetings,

I think Ron Paul would be the best candidate for uniting this country. His strong stand on the need for liberty and limited government allows for decisions to be made on a more local or personal level where each community or individual can decide what is best for themselves, as opposed to a monolithic federal approach which is bound to alienate large portions of the people.

-Dominic"

nullvalu
08-15-2007, 02:45 PM
i just kept it simple..

I think Ron Paul would do the best job of uniting our country. He's the only candidate offering "outside the box" solutions to the problems America is facing. He's the top-rated candidate by the ACLU as far as protecting civil liberties, and has been honored for Nine consecutive years as a "Taxpayers' Friend" by the National Taxpayers Union.

(not that i give a rats ass what the ACLU thinks, but it looks good on paper) :D

Shink
08-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Stop debating for a moment and inundate the Cafferty File with well-written pro-Ron Paul emails!

Spirit of '76
08-15-2007, 02:48 PM
I went ahead and answered all three questions. If anyone hears him read an answer from Kent from Salem, WV, please let me know. :D

nullvalu
08-15-2007, 02:49 PM
hehe when will he address these questions on air?

EDIT: ----- DUH ---- nm... ----

IowaSupport
08-15-2007, 02:49 PM
The concept of freedom for all members of the United States is something that everyone, Democrat, Republican, Independent, and undecided can rally behind. Ron Paul is one of the few candidates who's platform is not about fixing the immediate woes of this country through quick-fix government programs, and because he is for restoring our liberties through the use of less government, he will bring freedom and in turn unity to our nation.

Sent.

JoshLowry
08-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Sent!

Your turn if you haven't yet!

Spirit of '76
I'm not sure.

Doesn't he usually do 'em during Anderson Cooper's show?

DITTO EDIT: Duh... Nevermind. :D

disinter
Jack Cafferty sounds off on the stories crossing his radar. Write in to answer Jack's hourly questions, and watch to see if he reads your response.

4 p.m.: Which candidate from the crop of 2008 contenders would do the best job uniting this country and why?

5 p.m.: Should it be up to the government to protect children from secondhand smoke in cars?

7 p.m.: Karl Rove is optimistic about the future of the Republican Party and the remainder of Bush's presidency. Should he be?

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/situation.room/

The contact info:

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5t.html

angelatc
08-15-2007, 02:52 PM
I think that Ron Paul would do the best job at uniting the country. While no candidate is going to unilaterally sweep both big parties, Ron Paul has the distinction of being able to pull voters from all persuasions simply because he is not corrupt. President Paul would restore a quiet dignity to the Presidency, and bring back the proud honor of being American.

nullvalu
08-15-2007, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure.

Doesn't he usually do 'em during Anderson Cooper's show?

DITTO EDIT: Duh... Nevermind. :D

Wait.. LMAO.. maybe this isn't a DUH question, cuz i never actually watch CNN.. What timezone is 4:00 in reference to?

EvilTwinkie
08-15-2007, 02:55 PM
"The only candidate ive seen who geniunely crosses party lines is someone no one really talks about, Ron Paul. Paul is running on something thats supposed to unite all of us, the constitution. Im a California Democrat. I registered republican to vote for Paul when the GOP itself is in shambles. Hows that for uniting?

By the way, if a politician has to tell us what a great uniter they'd make, they probably aren't one."

EvilTwinkie
08-15-2007, 02:56 PM
4pm EST I assume. I ran to the forums as soon as I saw the question on CNN. Im In california.

disinter
Wait.. LMAO.. maybe this isn't a DUH question, cuz i never actually watch CNN.. What timezone is 4:00 in reference to?

Yea, I hope it isn't Eastern.

Spirit of '76

I gave the standard Ron Paul answer here.

5 p.m.: Should it be up to the government to protect children from secondhand smoke in cars?

I answered that they should not, as the government is already too invasive. Besides, if they keep discouraging people from smoking, how are they going to fund their idiotic new health care programs that's built on tobacco taxes?

7 p.m.: Karl Rove is optimistic about the future of the Republican Party and the remainder of Bush's presidency. Should he be?

I answered to the effect that Rove is right to be optimistic, but not for the reasons he thinks. I said that the Republican Party will restore itself as the neoconservatives like Bush find themselves marginalized by those who return to their conservative roots, as embodied by people like Ron Paul.

:D

Spirit of '76
08-15-2007, 02:58 PM

Probably EST, but since the form says 4:00-5:00pm, I assume that he probably reads the answers after 5:00 sometime (which just passed a minute ago).

EvilTwinkie
08-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Hes on now.

Spirit of '76
08-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Hes on now.

Are we gettin' any love?

d'anconia
On right now!!

Shink
Nick, Mt. Carmel, Pa.

Ron Paul. He seems to be the only one ho cares about America more than special interest groups, and he doesn't seem to have an underlying agenda.

EvilTwinkie
08-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Bleh, well at least 1 Ron paul email for up there :)

Spirit of '76
08-15-2007, 03:01 PM
Congratulations to Nick, whoever you are! :D

nunaem
08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
I want some of what the guy that said Hillary is smoking. Hillary is a polarizer not a uniter.

Spirit of '76
08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
Apparently he also publishes some of the answers on the blog:

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/situation.room/blog/

Maybe we'll see more Ron Paul action there? :confused:

EvilTwinkie
08-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Well at least only 2 republicans were mentioned, Giuliani and Paul. Guess that means we hit the big time? :)

nullvalu
08-15-2007, 03:06 PM
crap i missed it!?

disinter
08-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Grrr.... no TV at work.

EvilTwinkie
08-15-2007, 03:09 PM
You didnt miss much - 2 for hillary, 2 for obama, 1 for richarson, Biden, Giuliani and our boy.

EvilTwinkie
08-15-2007, 03:10 PM
and one for "none of the above.." lol

Eli
08-15-2007, 03:13 PM
My Response

Without a doubt Ron Paul would! His basis for the ideals in which he wants America to be ran is the Constitution and Bill of Rights. That is something all Americans, with the exception of a few unmentionable political figures, can agree on whole heartedly to follow and use as a set of guidelines for our union. With his exceptional voting record and history of making a positive difference in liberty, there is no doubt he would do a fantastic job uniting America.

Shink
08-15-2007, 03:17 PM
Don't forget that there are more questions on the hour, so you can still spread the word about Ron Paul!

Jack Cafferty sounds off on the stories crossing his radar. Write in to answer Jack's hourly questions, and watch to see if he reads your response.

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/situation.room/

The contact info:

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5t.html

Make sure not to just spam "Ron Paul 08," etc. :P Tie him into your answer to the questions.

Edit: Once 7 has passed, I imagine they can recap what happened today on the website. So there might be a couple Ron Pauls up there later on. :)