PDA

View Full Version : News about Real-ID in Pennsylvania!

CurtisLow
02-25-2008, 08:52 PM
(E-Mail I received from Pittsburgh meetup. Nick)

Dear Freedom lovers,

I have some very sad news to report concerning Real ID in Pennsylvania. Penn Dot has unfortunately decided to go ahead and begin to implement a series of benchmarks set forth by the Department of Homeland Security, without hearing any debate in the PA House or Senate. H.B. 1351 against the Real ID Act has not even been debated on the floor yet.

At this time Penn Dot has implemented almost all of the benchmarks, including making use of biometric facial scanning technology called Face explore.

Just yesterday at work I had in my hands another benchmark which most likely seals the deal that Penn Dot has the Real ID system up an running in PA. During the course of my work I must ask people for their ID cards to take down information contained on them. Yesterday a woman gave me her PA drivers license and I noticed it looked different right away. It looked and felt exactly like a regular drivers license but on the right and left sides where the normal cards would be blue and yellow hers were silver, and in big red letters across the entire license was the word "Temporary".

I asked her what this was and she said that she went to get her license renewed the day before and she said they gave her this temporary card because she had wait at least 15 days for her real card due to a background check.

A background check was another benchmark for Real ID. It looks like Pennsylvania will have Real ID well in place before the May 2008 deadline originally given by the Department if Homeland Security back in 2005. In fact at a hearing in Philadelphia just last week Penn Dot revealed how far along they were in implementing Real ID. At that hearing they said they had completed 11 of the 18 elements which, they stated, did not include the two most expensive elements, the background check, and something about getting your picture taken first instead of at the end of the process. This shows how rapidly they are advancing in their plans. And so it begins... The next step will be the chip.

If this makes you as mad as it makes me there is still something that we can do about it. We can urge our state representatives to co-sponsor H.B. 1351 and get it out of committee and put it to a vote on the House Floor. This would kill Real ID in PA no matter what Penn Dot has went ahead and done. Also we can urge our representatives that are part of the appropriations committee to cut funding to Penn Dot to the point where they can no longer do this.

It's going to take action! We must show up at that hearing on March 13 (Details or on the meetup site) and let them know that we do not want Real ID. Right now Penn Dot is playing us for fools, they think that we are too busy with our own lives to even know or care what they are up to behind our backs. They think that we won't even care that they took their marching orders from the Department of Homeland Security rather than the State Legislature like they are supposed to.

WE HAVE TO GET MAD!! This rally is going to be a turning point. We will draw the line here, and the state will not dare to cross it! Stand up with us now to show Penn Dot and our state government that we do not want Real ID!!!

I for one refuse to take the ID card or the Chip. I am prepared not to drive for the rest of my life if thats what it takes. I am not prepared to sacrifice any ounce of Liberty of so called "privileges" like driving.

A dark, dark day has begun in Pennsylvania thanks to Penn Dot. Let's fight it with everything that we got!!

In Liberty and Truth,

Nick
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please write your representatives people! Even if you don't live in Pa you can write your own states reps with link at bottom.

Help Repeal the REAL ID Act!

The federal government has taken another step towards forcing you to carry a national ID in order to get on airplanes, open a bank account, enter federal buildings, and much more. But with state legislatures and Congressional representatives increasingly turning against the REAL ID Act, you can help stop this costly, privacy-invasive mandate. Use the link below to voice your opposition.

https://secure.eff.org/site/Advocacy...rAction&id=275

chris198
02-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Bump

pinkmandy
02-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Your representatives don't care. REPLACE them. If PA won't do that then move to NH and fight. :)

Michigan11
02-25-2008, 11:11 PM
We are busy here in Michigan calling our reps to vote no on the REAL ID act.

This revolution is building, people are waking up, keep working hard.

Mach
02-26-2008, 10:44 AM
The thing that makes me sick with this stuff is.......... if you don't go along with Real ID then you will be the outcast and treated accordingly.

People just want to be stupid, it's too much work for them to see reality. You have to understand how everything will be connected....... are you retired, on disability, how about taxes, well, if you don't get a Real ID maybe you won't be able to collect anything you've paid in. One of the keys as far as dealing with anyone that doesn't think that a Real ID is that big of a deal is asking them if they ever thought about the future, it's a guarantee that Laws will be piled on top of the Real ID controlling more and more as time goes on... A GUARANTEE!

If we don't "nip it, nip it........ nip it in the bud", then it will just prosper. I can't believe what our Politicians are setting up our children and grandchildren for, this is only a first step. Social Manipulation.

Why won't anyone ask the current MSM Presidential Candidates what they're going to do about these terrible things that are going on and demand answers instead of fluff? It's all just a big show, nothing more!

CurtisLow
02-26-2008, 01:20 PM
. If PA won't do that then move to NH and fight. :)

I'm seriously thinking about it!

ELT
02-26-2008, 10:28 PM
Question is, if you don't get the ID, what's the penalty? It's only and ID card right? So what if you either don't get one or don't carry it? Well, I guess we'll all get in trouble when they put it in the Drivers licenses....oh well.

amy31416
02-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Question is, if you don't get the ID, what's the penalty? It's only and ID card right? So what if you either don't get one or don't carry it? Well, I guess we'll all get in trouble when they put it in the Drivers licenses....oh well.

I get in trouble for driving my fast cars, can't get a gun, can't get on a plane, can't get a job or a bank account. They require the DL for all of those things. Your freakin' ID is even required to get a discount at a grocery store.

They have us by the balls if they do this, the majority of the people will go along with it. I won't. I hope there will be more who join me.

The only way we can really protest this is if we all resist it.

eOs
02-27-2008, 01:46 AM
I live in Philly, and I'll join you march 13th, maybe I'll even bring a few people with me. Can you give more details on where you all will be meeting etc.

And I will rebel with you. If we don't do something quick, we will be forced to get one. It seems as soon as your old license expires, that's when they are issuing you're new REAL ID.

losinglife
02-27-2008, 06:37 AM
I get in trouble for driving my fast cars, can't get a gun, can't get on a plane, can't get a job or a bank account. They require the DL for all of those things. Your freakin' ID is even required to get a discount at a grocery store.

They have us by the balls if they do this, the majority of the people will go along with it. I won't. I hope there will be more who join me.

The only way we can really protest this is if we all resist it.

dont worry... there are people down here in pgh that are not going to accept the damn thing either.

I really dont want to have to take the bus everywere, but fuck it i will if it gets me out of the ID

amy31416
02-27-2008, 06:50 AM
dont worry... there are people down here in pgh that are not going to accept the damn thing either.

I really dont want to have to take the bus everywere, but fuck it i will if it gets me out of the ID

I get to Pittsburgh a lot, thought about moving there due to better job prospects.

Personally, I'll drive without a license until I get caught. I had to go through hell getting my license in PA when I moved back, due to homeland security BS (I needed five (yes, 5) forms of ID! I had only a MD license, birth certificate and my SS card, the only way I got it was by faking that I lived with my mother and showing them bills from her residence. Finally, one of the guys at the DMV that I schmoozed for over an hour said "listen, her name isn't Mohammed or anything like that, give her the license!"

Crazy, crazy stuff.