PDA

View Full Version : Revolutions Restaurant & Pub

phoenixzorn
02-25-2008, 08:20 PM
UPDATE!!!

What with all these for profit ideas popping up in here, I figured it wouldn't do to let everyone else rake in all that free market dough, and I came up with my own idea...

Now, this restaurant was already being planned, designed, and built by your's truly, but I'm out of investment money, and in order to finish my design work, I need to raise another $10,000. The theme of the restaurant and bar will be Liberty and Revolution, both the Food Revolution, and the Freedom Revolution. It will have an Irish Pub atmosphere, and being in the basement of a 130 year old building, it fits the theme perfectly.

http://bay01.imagebay.com/_upload/img/29/RevolutionsSmall.jpg

The menu will be strictly all natural and organic food, local micro-brewery beers, and all of the food will be locally grown when in season and available. We're also going to build a greenhouse on site that will grow organic tilapia, organic greens and vegetables, and algae, and will be situated in an area of the grounds that will allow customers to see how Aquaculture works.

We're strictly against factory farming, government subsidies for corporate agriculture, and realize that we use only a tiny portion of the available arable, tillable land in this country for current farmland, and genetically modified food is not the future of our world.

I state this openly and in advance, you will garner no stake in the ownership of the Revolutions Restaurant & Pub by making a donation. This is a For Profit venture in which the owners need to raise a total of $100,000 in order to build a $400,000 restaurant. Your donation is not tax deductible. You will have an opportunity, if you make a donation of at least $50, to have your name engraved in a 2" x 8" brick in the restaurant. This chip-in is for $10,000 and will be the only fundraising I do for this project. It will not be advertised outside of this website, and it is an exclusive offer to the members of RonPaulForums.com only. Feel free to tell your friends about it, but please do not link my chip-in to any other websites.

Here's an example of what you will get for $50.00:

http://bay01.imagebay.com/_upload/img/29/brickwall.jpg

You can chip-in at my chip-in site, Revolutions Restaurant (http://revolutions.chipin.com/revolutions-restaurant).

Remember, you will not hold any stock or hold any ownership in this business. You are making a non-tax-deductible donation or purchasing an engraving in a brick wall in a 130-year old historical building.

As an alternative to getting your name engraved in a brick, all donations, of any value, from as little as $10.00, will receive a gift certificate worth double your donation. That means if you donate $25.00, you will receive a $50.00 gift certificate that DOES NOT EXPIRE. $50 donation gets a $100 gift certificate, and so on... That's right, your donation will get you free food, and your gift certificate will never expire, so even if you live across the country, you can buy a gift certificate, and redeem it any time, as long as the restaurant is open - which from the looks of things will be for many years to come.

yongrel
02-25-2008, 08:25 PM
Cool idea. I wish you luck in your endeavor. You'll have to buy the rights for the logo from the designer though.

phoenixzorn
02-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Cool idea. I wish you luck in your endeavor. You'll have to buy the rights for the logo from the designer though.

Any idea who it might be?? I searched high and low today, and everyone just uses the banner graphic.... then again, it is usually used for promoting Ron Paul, which my restaurant of course, will do... along with Ron Paul Republicans across the country. In any case, I'd be happy to pay for the rights to use the REVOLUTION graphic. And thanks for the kind words yongrel.

yongrel
02-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Any idea who it might be?? I searched high and low today, and everyone just uses the banner graphic.... then again, it is usually used for promoting Ron Paul, which my restaurant of course, will do... along with Ron Paul Republicans across the country. In any case, I'd be happy to pay for the rights to use the REVOLUTION graphic. And thanks for the kind words yongrel.

I don't know the specific person, but I do know that the graphic came out of the Phoenix meetup group. They've been some of the most active supporters in the country, and have been great guys in my interactions with them.

phoenixzorn
02-25-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't know the specific person, but I do know that the graphic came out of the Phoenix meetup group. They've been some of the most active supporters in the country, and have been great guys in my interactions with them.

heh... isn't that ironic...

JoshLowry
02-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Ernest Hancock - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=1324

phoenixzorn
02-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Ernest Hancock - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=1324

Thanks Josh, I sent him an e-mail.

phoenixzorn
02-25-2008, 11:34 PM
ttt

pinkmandy
02-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Good luck to you!!!! Making money honestly and spreading the message...best of both worlds! :)

gerryb
02-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Why not sell gift certificates?

I'm sure a bunch of people would purchase those that would not straight up donate, and will take a long time for everyone to make it to Wisconsin to cash them in =P

pinkmandy
02-26-2008, 12:17 AM

I'm sure a bunch of people would purchase those that would not straight up donate, and will take a long time for everyone to make it to Wisconsin to cash them in =P

Oh, that's a great idea! With no expiration date and the right to sit at the FREEDOM table as a person who supported the movement back in the day before fema camps!

Ex Post Facto
02-26-2008, 12:33 AM

An excellent way to get the needed start up funds. Asking for help on a for profit business is probably pretty scrutinized around these parts. But if you give some consideration for the monies in the form of gift certificates, then people may support your cause and possibly help.

cien750hp
02-26-2008, 12:35 AM
*crosses fingers* please sell freedom fries please sell freedom fries....

thats the gold standard sirloin
ben franklin burger
constitution chocolate shake
liberty lettuce wedge salad
sound money secret sauce
civil liberties chicken fingers
revolution reuben
freedom dip sandwich
secure border sliders
thomas jefferson turkey club

and ron paul chocolate chip cookies with every meal?

humanic
02-26-2008, 12:45 AM
The theme of the restaurant and bar will be Liberty and Revolution, both the Food Revolution, and the Freedom Revolution. It will have an Irish Pub atmosphere, and being in the basement of a 130 year old building, it fits the theme perfectly.

The menu will be strictly all natural and organic food, local micro-brewery beers, and all of the food will be locally grown when in season and available. We're also going to build a greenhouse on site that will grow organic tilapia, organic greens and vegetables, and algae, and will be situated in an area of the grounds that will allow customers to see how Aquaculture works.

We're strictly against factory farming, government subsidies for corporate agriculture, and realize that we use only a tiny portion of the available arable, tillable land in this country for current farmland, and genetically modified food is not the future of our world.

Too awesome. Wish I lived in AZ.

amy31416
02-26-2008, 05:10 AM
Heh...need a chef? Aside from chemistry, cooking is one of my passions and I'm damned good at it ;)

phoenixzorn
02-26-2008, 10:27 AM

Excellent idea!!! Thanks!!

phoenixzorn
02-26-2008, 10:28 AM
*crosses fingers* please sell freedom fries please sell freedom fries....

thats the gold standard sirloin
ben franklin burger
constitution chocolate shake
liberty lettuce wedge salad
sound money secret sauce
civil liberties chicken fingers
revolution reuben
freedom dip sandwich
secure border sliders
thomas jefferson turkey club

and ron paul chocolate chip cookies with every meal?

ROFL!!! Awesome... I'm definitely going to do this...

phoenixzorn
02-26-2008, 10:29 AM
Too awesome. Wish I lived in AZ.

It's in Wisconsin... phoenixzorn is my name, not my location. =) Waterloo, Wisconsin is 20 minutes east of Madison, and 50 minutes west of Milwaukee...

phoenixzorn
02-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Heh...need a chef? Aside from chemistry, cooking is one of my passions and I'm damned good at it ;)

In the introductions thread, you said something about cooking, and gave me the idea to turn my already started project into the Revolutions Restaurant...

Oh yeah... you need to be bringing a couple of your cars along if you're going to cook for me. =)

limequat
02-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Why NOT offer stock?

phoenixzorn
02-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Updated info in the top post... check it out. You can get gift certificates for the restaurant for double the amount of your donations!!!

phoenixzorn
02-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Why NOT offer stock?

I'm not allowed to offer stock, since I'm one of many partners already involved. By selling stock, I'd be selling my own shares of the company.

As it stands, I'm selling Bricks and Gift Certificates in order to finance my design, business plan, and build costs... My own $10,000 will be in the business for my share of the investment dollars, but since it will be MY restaurant, I am able to offer the certificates or bricks.

As an aside, for anyone who is interested in a full investment purchase in the business, each partner (or couple) is contributing $10,000 towards a fund to then go to the bank and get the remaining balance of $400,000 to build the restaurant. We're trying to raise $100,000 in investments, and you will be an active partner in the business if you decide to put in a full $10,000. Contact me via PM if you are interested in a full investment, and I will talk to the founder of the project to get his input on outside funding.

schooldayze
02-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Great Idea man, if I wasn't strapped right now I'd buy a few...probably will in a week or two!

phoenixzorn
02-26-2008, 12:58 PM
Pad

amy31416
02-26-2008, 01:08 PM
In the introductions thread, you said something about cooking, and gave me the idea to turn my already started project into the Revolutions Restaurant...

Oh yeah... you need to be bringing a couple of your cars along if you're going to cook for me. =)

Hehehe...well okay, but act fast because I've been selling off the fleet lately.

You like hot rod Lincolns, son?

Wow, I inspired you? That is all the more reason to bring me on as Head Chef :D Or, at least get me a gift certificate...Wisconsin's only 8+hours away from here--road trip!

By the way, what kind of menu will you offer?

mdh
02-26-2008, 01:51 PM

The designer of the logo is Ernie Hancock, from Arizona. I've met Ernie and he's an extremely friendly gentleman, I'm sure you all can work something out.

Where will this place be located? Seems like you have a building picked out, but I don't see mention of where...

phoenixzorn
02-26-2008, 02:22 PM
The designer of the logo is Ernie Hancock, from Arizona. I've met Ernie and he's an extremely friendly gentleman, I'm sure you all can work something out.

Where will this place be located? Seems like you have a building picked out, but I don't see mention of where...

I've e-mailed Ernie, but so far haven't gotten a response. Thanks though.

The Restaurant will be located in Waterloo, Wisconsin in the ground floor of a 130-year old warehouse that has been renovated into an antique mall. The restaurant will have an Irish Pub theme, dark but lively, no smoking will be allowed inside due to the age of the building, the antiques, and if you want to smoke, take a walk outside...

The whole restaurant will be centered around a custom built brick oven that reaches internal temperatures of 700-1000 degrees, and cooks food in very short amounts of time... something like 90 seconds for a 12" pizza. The menu will be worldly, based in good old American food, with daily and weekly specials from around the world. Some of the things you might see on the menu are Ratatoullie, Bangers & Mash, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Pad Thai, Gyoza, Pizza Napolitano (google that), Blackened Chicken, Spaetzle, and many more dishes from around the world, from Angola to Zimbabwe. Almost everything will be abe to be cooked, baked, fried, roasted, poached, boiled, or broasted in the brick oven, though we will have a full service stainless steel kitchen that I am in the process of designing right now. Fridays will feature a Tilapia Fish Fry, Deep Fried Prawns, and Lake Perch....

I'll be head chef myself, unless I find someone who is better with a brick oven than I am, but I will need other staff positions filled when we get closer to opening. My mother-in-law has said she'd be the Sous Chef, but I'm not so sure about working with her... it's hard enough to work with her daughter... lol.

Prices will generally be around $10-15 a plate for lunch, and $15-25 a plate for dinner... I'm working out breakfast ideas too, because the Antique Mall upstairs is open every day - Monday through Sunday - from 9am to 5pm. I will also likely set up a small retail shop in the restaurant, a la a gift shop/general store. There will also be a full service Irish Bar, with local brews as well as the old standard Irish beers and a full and wide selection of premium alcohol and inexpensive rail drinks.

We're not looking to cater to the Blue-Collar-Stereotypical-After-Work-Bar-Goer, there are plenty of those places in town already. Instead we're looking for the "Middle Ground" people, those who if they are Blue Collar, go home and put on a nice change of clothes and want to come experience our nice atmosphere and great food with their family and friends, and middle to upper income bracket patrons who are tired of all the bars in town being the same tired theme... get drunk and go home smelling like smoke.

Of course, our prices will not reflect the higher income patrons that we actually expect to come there, and I have confidence that I could add $5 to all the minimum and maximum prices above and we'd still pack it in just because it would be a very unique dining experience in the area.

Did I mention I make my own organic sauerkraut, and everything on the menu will be either "All Natural" or Organic and purchased from local farms or grown in town in private greenhouses...

mdh
02-26-2008, 02:39 PM
If you were doing it in WV or SW PA, I'd take a job as a chef for ya... :)

phoenixzorn
02-26-2008, 03:40 PM
Pad

phoenixzorn
02-26-2008, 11:21 PM

Drknows
02-26-2008, 11:44 PM
What with all these for profit ideas popping up in here, I figured it wouldn't do to let everyone else rake in all that free market dough, and I came up with my own idea...

This sounds like a really good idea. I'm not too sure about the menu (I love my steak and BBQ pork). :D

it would be cool to see a franchise of restaurants named after the revolution.

Good luck!

d03boy
02-27-2008, 02:47 AM
i'll have to visit it when it opens.. im in miltown

phoenixzorn
02-27-2008, 10:15 AM
This sounds like a really good idea. I'm not too sure about the menu (I love my steak and BBQ pork). :D

it would be cool to see a franchise of restaurants named after the revolution.

Good luck!

Of course there would be huge, juicy, bloody - still mooing if you like - organic Black Angus steaks!!!

And damn skippy, there'd be some BBQ Pork sandwich or plates on the menu... I'm working on the design of the place... the menu will come later. =)

weslinder
02-27-2008, 11:15 AM
Why not sell bonds? You could get non-government insured loan money, and those who are supporting your venture could make a little bit of money without any ownership interest.

JS4Pat
02-27-2008, 12:46 PM
This is close to a concept that I was working on before getting so heavily involved with the Ron Paul movement. The RP campaign along with this thread has given me some new ideas as to where I could take it.

For an idea of my original concept check out my website:
http://www.getonyoursoapbox.com/

Any entrepreneurs out there interested in a potential future million dollar business venture that combines food, alcohol, politics, and entertainment with the added benefit of educating the sheeple?

mdh
02-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Any entrepreneurs out there interested in a potential future million dollar business venture that combines food, alcohol, politics, and entertainment with the added benefit of educating the sheeple?

You had me at alcohol.

phoenixzorn
02-27-2008, 02:08 PM
You had me at alcohol.

Heh... nice.

I like the idea, but for being 2 years old already, there isn't much happening on that site.

unklejman
02-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Might I suggest having some lunch sandwiches or something that are cheaper. I am not a blue collar worker but I still don't want to spend $10-$15 on lunch.

Also maybe invite music acts to come play Friday nights or something.

lukemroz
02-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Might I suggest having some lunch sandwiches or something that are cheaper. I am not a blue collar worker but I still don't want to spend $10-$15 on lunch.

Live music never dissapoints!

phoenixzorn
02-27-2008, 05:32 PM

There will be sandwiches for $4-10.... Grilled cheese on the low end, Prime Rib on the high end... with fries or chips, etc... absolutely... When I said $10-15 per plate, I meant full meals... Burgers and sandwiches are always cheaper than the "Per Plate" prices...

As for music, I'm already looking for a staff band that will be there every week, another day of the week we'll have a different band each week. I dunno who I'm going to start with, but suggestions are welcome.

phoenixzorn
02-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Why not sell bonds? You could get non-government insured loan money, and those who are supporting your venture could make a little bit of money without any ownership interest.

explain further please...

phoenixzorn
02-27-2008, 10:20 PM
PAD for first page..

phoenixzorn
02-28-2008, 08:36 AM
Bump!!

weslinder
02-28-2008, 08:45 AM
explain further please...

Basically, just get individuals to lend you money in small increments, and pay them back at a set time in the future.

phoenixzorn
02-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Basically, just get individuals to lend you money in small increments, and pay them back at a set time in the future.

I'd rather not have my own money at risk... I'd rather be able to give something tangible... like FOOD... No offense to your idea, it might have been a good one if the economy were not in such a shitty state, but the offer of food is always good... I don't care if I end up closing the restaurant, if you come to Waterloo, WI after buying a gift certificate, I'll make you dinner....

That is a guarantee I can make and live with.

phoenixzorn
02-28-2008, 04:36 PM
I think I'm only going to accept silver as payment in my restaurant... =)

torchbearer
02-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Rum Paul please.

phoenixzorn
02-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Rum Paul please.

It's on the special drinks menu... =) Thanks...

It will be in a yard glass... comes with a wooden back scratcher as a stir stick... has 4 kinds of rum (2oz total), topped with cranberry juice, orange juice, and a spritz of white soda for fizz...

torchbearer
02-28-2008, 10:48 PM
so, when are we going to get this restaurant going?
My family has been in the restaurant biz for years... who would go to the free-est place in town?

Cholo
02-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Great idea - Good luck! Too bad it's in WI. Just please make sure to make great food and have good employees to give that place a good reputation - you're taking on a weighty name.

Make sure to do soapbox politics there!!