PDA

View Full Version : no more apathy

dust of nations
02-25-2008, 07:12 PM
as i browse through these forums, i see two things:

one, a huge outcry for revolution, change and for true genuine freedom.

and two, i've noticed, a sense of lack of leadership.
to use the cliche, it's obvious,
there are just to many chiefs and not quite enough indians.

i've browsed through these posts and threads for a few days now,
before i posted one myself. but within the few days its become clear to me that, there's a lack of central leadership to this revolution.

there don't seem to be common goals. while, it is obvious every one seems to want revolution, leading to more freedom. we all don't define revolution and freedom, for that matter, the same way.

it's almost blatantly obvious that, while not admitting defeat,
there is a sense coming from the paul campaign, that they've moved on.
to make sure, paul, retains his seat as a congressman.

and i believe this is the right move. because, i think paul and his campaign understand this revolution is bigger than paul himself. he is merely a player within, and was the spark that ignited the fire, that is soon to become a wildfire. a catalyzing force that has brought us together.

and with the campaign acting as it has, i understand that we all are looking for some sort of leadership. we all have these amazing, ingenious ideas that can turn out to be crucial to our revolution but we, i believe, whether or not it's right, post our brilliant revolutionary plans and then sit back with a sense of apathy towards actually making this goal a realization. and that's were the problem lies.

there is this feeling that now it isn't our responsibility. it's someone else's, we can't be bothered our we don't have the time, or the money or the power to make it happen. we need other people to give a hundred percent of their effort toward the revolution but aren't willing to give a hundred percent ourselves.

100% of our time,
100% of our minds.

pinkmandy
02-25-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm moving to NH as part of the Free State Project. I'm going to be politically involved there and raise my children to be active in securing AND guarding their freedoms. In the meantime I still hand out slimjims to strangers, wear my RP gear, market him anywhere I am whether I'm at the store or on a non-RP forum. :)

So...what are you doing?

dust of nations
02-25-2008, 09:42 PM
i've read ron paul's writings., the constitution, everything concerning politics i can get my hands on. i'm looking into the free state project, the farfetched island project, into running for public office and changing the zeitgeist most naive americans in this country believe.

pinkmandy
02-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Oh, and I don't think I have to say this but HOMESCHOOL YOUR CHILDREN. Keep them out of govt schools if possible, if not be on guard. Read their textbooks before they do and make sure admin at your school knows that pushing ideology on your kids is unacceptable.

dust of nations
02-25-2008, 09:52 PM
i was home schooled for a few years,
and even as a child i preferred it over public and private school. and plan on hopefully home schooling my children.

crackyflipside
02-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Apathy is pathetic. :D

porcupine
02-25-2008, 10:50 PM
i've read ron paul's writings., the constitution, everything concerning politics i can get my hands on. i'm looking into the free state project, the farfetched island project, into running for public office and changing the zeitgeist most naive americans in this country believe.

If you want to run for office, there's no question that you should join the Free State Project. (http://www.freestateproject.org/). 20 or so free staters have already gotten elected (one to the state legislature) and if you run, you'll have hundreds of people to help you out, an invaluable resource.

And +1 on PinkMandy's statement about home schooling. Sending your kids to government schools is about the dumbest thing you can do