PDA

View Full Version : 100% of our time, 100% of our minds.

dust of nations
02-25-2008, 06:37 PM
as i browse through these forums, i see two things:

one, a huge outcry for revolution, change and for true genuine freedom.

and two, i've noticed, a sense of lack of leadership.
to use the cliche, it's obvious,
there are just to many chiefs and not quite enough indians.

i've browsed through these posts and threads for a few days now,
before i posted one myself. but within the few days its become clear to me that, there's a lack of central leadership to this revolution.

there don't seem to be common goals. while, it is obvious every one seems to want revolution, leading to more freedom. we all don't define revolution and freedom, for that matter, the same way.

it's almost blatantly obvious that, while not admitting defeat,
there is a sense coming from the paul campaign, that they've moved on.
to make sure, paul, retains his seat as a congressman.

and i believe this is the right move. because, i think paul and his campaign understand this revolution is bigger than paul himself. he is merely a player within, and was the spark that ignited the fire, that is soon to become a wildfire. a catalyzing force that has brought us together.

and with the campaign acting as it has, i understand that we all are looking for some sort of leadership. we all have these amazing, ingenious ideas that can turn out to be crucial to our revolution but we, i believe, whether or not it's right, post our brilliant revolutionary plans and then sit back with a sense of apathy towards actually making this goal a realization. and that's were the problem lies.

there is this feeling that now it isn't our responsibility. it's someone else's, we can't be bothered our we don't have the time, or the money or the power to make it happen. we need other people to give a hundred percent of their effort toward the revolution but aren't willing to give a hundred percent ourselves.

100% of our time,
100% of our minds.

Agent CSL
02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
I agree with you in some parts but I do think there are a few leaders on this forum. I'm not going to name any but they make themselves noticed once in awhile.

The world's complicated these days. In the 1700s people had horses which didn't require gas, just grass from the side of the dirt road. Water came from the river. People walked, the wealthy rode around in carts or horse-drawn carriages. They owned their land and their house, they didn't need to work 40 hours a week (or more) and risk getting it taken away. People dedicated their lives to farming and raising animals for food. They usually had a family who could watch over the farm when they went away to fight in war.

Today it's not so easy. One would have to either be rich enough to ride around in a car, paying for gas, while still keeping their home and paying for it. Or they'd have to give up everything except the clothes on their back. There's exceptions to these rules but not many.

People are hesitant because they can't just pick up and leave like the patriots in the late 1700s. The people on this forum expecting people to just pick up and leave are comfortably typing away on their computer and I don't think they give enough consideration to the complexity of life today.

There needs to be sacrifice, yes, but I don't see it happening soon. Especially in the world we live in now. We no longer can get short-term jobs on the road because we are met with stone faces who don't trust the average traveler. Without money we cannot eat unless we are well versed in botany. Back in the day, you could find a short job for a meal or money and be on your way. No longer...

Let's be considerate to the victims of the 21st century and not call for immediate and total sacrifice when we type comfortably from a computer. Moreso we need gradual sacrifices and more self sufficiency and preparedness before one can go off the grid. There's been some people who have done just that this election year and they are great people! But for the majority, any type of immediate sacrifice will hurt.

dust of nations
02-25-2008, 07:06 PM
i don't understand what you mean.

of course we don't live in the seventeen hundreds and our world is drastically different but that is the type of mindset we are fighting to change.

what i mean by 100% of our time, 100% of our minds is that the small things matter, i'm trying to convey the message to educate themselves and then spread the message to shift our nations paradigm.

what i'm asking people to do doesn't interfere with there job, income or overall well being, things like unorganized marches and blimps that cost money, or time, that spread confusion or divert funds, do though.

so i'm just asking people to educate themselves towards freedom, then educate others.

to learn and to listen and then lead.

Agent CSL
02-25-2008, 07:14 PM
Ok I understand now. The way I read 100% was to drop everything and put 100% of our time and effort into the revolution (which just isn't reasonable these days until a person has proper arrangements).

our world is drastically different but that is the type of mindset we are fighting to change.
Agreed

benhaskins
02-25-2008, 07:23 PM
its going to take some time before u will see significant results

dust of nations
02-25-2008, 10:16 PM
so other than be patient what do we do?

Cleaner44
02-25-2008, 10:23 PM
so other than be patient what do we do?

Work toward getting more and more allies of Ron Paul into Congress. He has been fighting the battle for years nearly by himself. Each state must send Ron Paul type candidates to D.C. to help implement changes. There are many seats up for grabs and we will get some, the more the better.

This must be done regardless of whether Ron Paul is elected President or re-eleced to the house.

Cleaner44
02-25-2008, 10:26 PM
The revolution is much larger than electing Ron Paul as President. We need to get engaged with or representation in government. Replacing corrupt politicians with quality people such as Ron Paul as one of our biggest goals.

dust of nations
02-25-2008, 11:02 PM
and i believe this is the right move. because, i think paul and his campaign understand this revolution is bigger than paul himself. he is merely a player within, and was the spark that ignited the fire, that is soon to become a wildfire. a catalyzing force that has brought us together.

exactly

Michigan11
02-25-2008, 11:05 PM
The revolution is much larger than electing Ron Paul as President. We need to get engaged with or representation in government. Replacing corrupt politicians with quality people such as Ron Paul as one of our biggest goals.

I and my meetup would agree 100% as would almost all of the supporters of Ron Paul.

I think most of us have been very busy and silently, I might add, have been doing our part in taking over the local Republican Party. It's happening right now, so if anyone who is reading this hasn't been attending their local Republican meetings along with their meetups, then get on it!