PDA

View Full Version : The Market

AMack
08-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Looks like we're headed for a 5th day of losses, totaling over 700 points in 5 days. Meanwhile, the fed floods the market with cash to save us from an even greater drop. Recession? What's next?

briatx
08-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Deflation.

BIG_J
08-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Um...I guess I should have bought a house with a 0 down no doc loan on lake minnetonka. I guess I missed the boat trying to be finacially savvy!

CRAPOLA!

Hook
08-15-2007, 01:46 PM
we'll never have deflation. 'Helicopter' Bernanke says he will drop bags of federal reserve notes over NY before he lets that happen.

jaybone
08-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Hyperinflation in an attempt to save the economy, the USD will be sacrificed.
However, at some point borrowers will dry up and will not take loans at any interest rate due to excessive systemic risk.
At that point, we will experience a deflationary recession at best, depression at worst.
All roads lead to the NAU and Amero,
all roads but one that is.

akalucas
08-15-2007, 03:23 PM
LINK: "Fed's Cash Injections Can't Pacify Credit Concerns" (http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070815/wall_street.html?.v=54)

Kregener
08-15-2007, 03:24 PM
I certainly do not know what is "next", but hyperinflation is in our future.

Cowlesy
08-15-2007, 03:26 PM
It is ugly, very ugly. God help any of you in a quant hedge fund that's highly levered and invested in a lot of debt instruments.

aravoth
08-15-2007, 04:12 PM
I saw on bloomberg that the chinese where dumping our debt, and it was being bought up by brazil of all people. Now it's off the web page. Can anyone try and see if it's chached or something? I can't find it anywhere now.

ghemminger
08-15-2007, 04:17 PM
I saw on bloomberg that the chinese where dumping our debt, and it was being bought up by brazil of all people. Now it's off the web page. Can anyone try and see if it's chached or something? I can't find it anywhere now.

uh...oh...everyone watch the Asian Market tonight...worldwide collapse in slow motion:eek:

angelatc
08-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Um...I guess I should have bought a house with a 0 down no doc loan on lake minnetonka. I guess I missed the boat trying to be finacially savvy!

CRAPOLA!

That's what bothers me - I live a very frugal life. We have almost no debt, and trust me - it isn't because I was born fortunate. I was born cheap.

Why the heck should I have to pay more taxes to bail out bad business decisions by corporations, and bad home buying decisions by consumers?

I would have bought a house on the water if I had known the government would bail me out when I couldn't pay for it.

aravoth
08-15-2007, 04:31 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=axgmWfh1pz1o&refer=home

Found it

jaybone
08-15-2007, 04:34 PM
That's what bothers me - I live a very frugal life. We have almost no debt, and trust me - it isn't because I was born fortunate. I was born cheap.

Why the heck should I have to pay more taxes to bail out bad business decisions by corporations, and bad home buying decisions by consumers?

I would have bought a house on the water if I had known the government would bail me out when I couldn't pay for it.

Here Here!
I bought in 2005, paid more than I should have, but got a good interest rate locked in for 30 years and put 20% down, just like my father, and his father did.
They tried to sell me an ARM and I told them to take a hike.
Now I get to pay to bail out the jerkoffs that were too greedy or stupid to read their own mortgage document.

This strikes to the root of decay in this country; reward laziness and stupidity and punish hard work, frugality and providence.

aravoth
08-15-2007, 10:43 PM
uh...oh...everyone watch the Asian Market tonight...worldwide collapse in slow motion:eek:

Good call, the asian market just took a shit. Nikkei is down 512 points. Thats gotta be the most in a few years or so.