PDA

View Full Version : Did Ron accept invitation from TI, Dallas?

iloveliberty
02-25-2008, 02:36 PM
According to Texas Instruments , Dallas, Texas, they invited Dr. Paul for a "discussion of his economic platform and a Q&A session with the audience". No mention of date or Dr. Paul's response to it.

WRellim
02-26-2008, 12:28 AM
According to Texas Instruments , Dallas, Texas, they invited Dr. Paul for a "discussion of his economic platform and a Q&A session with the audience". No mention of date or Dr. Paul's response to it.

Sadly, unless they could guarantee over 1,000 college students would be present, I doubt they would even receive a return phone call from the campaign. (They just don't seem to be interested in anything else these days. Not exactly sure why.)

slacker921
02-26-2008, 07:34 AM
Same reason they aren't advertising - they know the "secret plan". ;)

Having huge rallys isn't a bad thing.. it does get the local press interested.. but why wouldn't he go talk to voters at TI?

Billy Budd
02-26-2008, 03:17 PM
I think it's smart for Ron Paul to avoid any risky (meaning possible hostile questions from an audience) appearances until the March 4th congressional election is in the bag. He should stick to appearances where he has total control of the venue.

The last thing he needs are some Texas newspaper headlines/articles twisting his answers to a Q and A session with possible Peden shills in attendance.

He's winning the game there. It makes no sense to "go for it" on 4th and long. Or to say hit me when you're sitting with a pair of queens. You know what I'm saying...

iloveliberty
02-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Seating is limited to 400. ...Only TI Employees are allowed.

Mccain will be here on Thursday, Feb. 28

" TI issued invitations to U.S. Sens. Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee and U.S. Rep. Ron Paul to hold similar events at TI."