PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota local GOP - Ron Paul supporters taking aim

Ex Post Facto
02-25-2008, 01:31 PM
This is just one of the amazing testimonies of people attending their local GOP events to make a difference. 1/3 of a vote is pretty awesome to have, going in.

Saturday's convention was noteworthy for another reason. There were a large number of fresh faces at the event. Some were there to support presidential candidate Ron Paul or at least give voice to his ideals.

Quam estimated that one-third of the estimated 350 people attending were new to the party.

"With all the talk about Republicans being discouraged, I'm not seeing it," said Othelmo Da Silva, a Republican activist. "The base is more energized than ever."

Whole story HERE (http://news.postbulletin.com/newsmanager/templates/localnews_story.asp?z=16&a=330052)

Change
02-25-2008, 01:46 PM
This is so cool. This is exactly what is happening up here in Connecticut. The Straw Poll event brought 100 Ron Paul Republicans out in the cold winters night.

rmholla
02-25-2008, 10:10 PM
This is great.

My local meetup group (Altoona, PA) had a table set up a the gun/hunting show over the weekend. Someone told me that so few people have shown up at the county GOP meetings that they can't even have a meeting. So this like it will be ripe for Ron Paul minded Republicans to rise up and seize control of the party at least locally.

I hope all Ron Paul supporters will start attending meetings and run for spots on the committees. All politics is local.

-