PDA

View Full Version : Republican party knows we have a good shot!

gracebkr
02-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok, so this is based on one personal experience I had with my local Republican party. I live in the country and we have only 4 spots for district delegate. Well someone is running in my district so I thought if there was an open one, which there usually is, I could get appointed to that. At first the chairman agreed. Well 2 days before our declaration of candidacy was to be turned in I heard from my chairman. He said he would not appoint me and he disagreed with the way Ron Paul was running his campaign and that is why. I asked what he meant and he said how we are trying to win with delegates. I thought, what's the harm and I pointed out President Lincoln did the same thing and I asked if he frowned upon that as well. Anyways, I was irritated, now I have to run and campaign against someone. Well, I spoke with someone else in another county and he told me that he heard someone say the clerks office in a more populated region said that they had no clue where all these republicans were coming from. I think this, coupled with what the chairman said to me means that we must have a real good shot. He was ok at first, then I guess when all the people were signing up, he knew it was for real and backed out. I also know those usually open spots in my county, are filled so I could not have been appointed anyways. They are empty every election, hmm I wonder who filled them. I know who did, Ron Paul people. We might be bound the first round, but a brokered convention is ours!

nbhadja
02-25-2008, 01:29 PM
Why are you running as a RP supporter? Run as a McCain supporter.

gracebkr
02-25-2008, 01:30 PM
Why are you running as a RP supporter? Run as a McCain supporter.

No way.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-25-2008, 01:36 PM
No way.

YES WAY! Strategy man!!!

Though I would run as a huckabee not McCain supporter so you are bound first to Huckabee.

Do whatever it takes to be a delegate at the convention.

HollyforRP
02-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Wear a Mccain shirt or pin. ;)

nbhadja
02-25-2008, 01:39 PM
No way.

YES WAY. Swallow your pride. That is the ONLY way they will take you. They will not take a openly RP supporter period!!!

nbhadja
02-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Oh yeah good point, run as a Huckabee supporter not McCain supporter.

Verad
02-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah, and even if RP delegates run as McCain delegates and are forced to give McCain the nomination, at least we could make his head spin off by forcing him to run with Paul's platform. Wouldn't that be funny?

HollyforRP
02-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Oh yeah good point, run as a Huckabee supporter not McCain supporter.

You are telling people to not vote for Ron Paul?

Is that what you are trying to say? Remember what happened in Washington? People voted uncommitted....

HELLO!

Scribbles
02-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Obviously the best way is to not openly support any particular candidate, wear a big GOP elephant button and talk about how much you can't stand Hillary and Obama, and that the democrats will run the country into the ground. (Mild sarcasm here but you get the idea)

"generic" Republican method.

Also don't get on tangents during conversation with other GOP members.

You want to be a delegate so you can help the party and get political experience, thats all ~_^.

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Our County Convention was Saturday. They had twice the number of people they're used to getting. They kind of loved it and were kind of scared, too. One guy claimed there were two candidates in the race for president and, when he noticed the reaction he was getting, hurredly brought up Ron Paul.

They were all about, "How do we capitalize on this movement?"

I said, "Stick to the conservative ideals we're here to represent."

Oh, they want us, make no mistake. They know why we're there, make no mistake about that, either. Just make them make the choice--do their crooked business as usual or survive as a political force in this nation.

WilliamC
02-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I'll be trying to get a delegate slot here in Mississippi and I too am not able to lie and say I am a McCain supporter.

I suppose I could in good conscious say I prefer to see a Republican elected than a Democrat, even though I personally don't see much difference in McCain/Huckabee/Romney and Obama/Clinton.

But I can't come out and claim to be a McCain supporter, or not say I think Ron Paul is the most Conservative candidate running

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 02:41 PM
I'll be trying to get a delegate slot here in Mississippi and I too am not able to lie and say I am a McCain supporter.

I suppose I could in good conscious say I prefer to see a Republican elected than a Democrat, even though I personally don't see much difference in McCain/Huckabee/Romney and Obama/Clinton.

But I can't come out and claim to be a McCain supporter, or not say I think Ron Paul is the most Conservative candidate running

Sad to say, but this is a brand of politics the G.O.P. is unused to. I suppose we should be more understanding about their period of adjustment. Many of the old hands do admire it, though--and whether they like it or not, after this string from Nixon to W this attitude is the only thing that can save the G.O.P.

Hook
02-25-2008, 04:03 PM
No way.

So you're saying you actually told them who you are supporting???

Are you crazy?

Just say you support the candidate that most closely follows the GOP platform. You can start getting all preachy when everything is finalized and you can make some difference.

So by not keeping quiet about supporting Dr. Paul for a few weeks, you have now completely lost any power to get him elected.

literatim
02-25-2008, 04:11 PM
No way.

If anything costs us the election, it will be stupid pride like what is shown here.

WilliamC
02-25-2008, 04:13 PM
If anything costs us the election, it will be stupid pride like what is shown here.

It's not so much stupid pride as it is a difficulty in deliberate lying.

It just doesn't come out very well when I do it.

Of course some people may find it very easy to lie about who they are and what they stand for...but I don't think Ron Paul is one of them

WilliamC
02-25-2008, 04:13 PM
So you're saying you actually told them who you are supporting???

Are you crazy?

Just say you support the candidate that most closely follows the GOP platform. You can start getting all preachy when everything is finalized and you can make some difference.

So by not keeping quiet about supporting Dr. Paul for a few weeks, you have now completely lost any power to get him elected.

The ends justify the means, yes?

I think you've missed a big part of what Ron Paul's message is all about :(

Sandra
02-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Stick with Republican talk of Obama and Clinton. Tell everyone you are still undecided as to who you will vote for. Don't make friends with these people and keep a cool distance.

phill4paul
02-25-2008, 04:22 PM

+1

liberteebell
02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Heh, we've been "outed" everywhere. In VA, the republicans' panties are in a wad because they got hold of an email that said we planned to "take over".

I simply do not understand their consternation. The arguments against us are so lame and so out of line with their stated principles; one guy even said that Ron Paul's pro-life record didn't suit him.

WilliamC
02-25-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry but I honestly don't get it.

Ron Paul isn't making excuses or lying about what he wants to do with the power he is seeking to obtain.

Yet his supporters should lie and misrepresent themselves in order to get him elected?

I won't tell anyone not to, but I truly don't see what purpose is served by trying to champion the cause of liberty by deliberately lying.

Personally, I will not come out and say I'm voting for Ron Paul no matter what and refuse to compromise (because that isn't true as I don't know the future, he could pass on or suffer an accident that would render him unable to serve for instance), but as long as he is in the race he is my first choice and I won't deny that.

I think these ideas pretty much sums up my stand on things.

http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/freedom.cfm?fuseaction=membership

5. Wherever possible, become active in membership organizations that have the potential for affecting public policy. Work with others of like mind within those organizations to become influential. Use that influence to create support for the principles of freedom.

6. Participate in political action. Don’t just go to the polls now and then to vote for candidates selected by others. Become part of the process that chooses candidates in the first place. Hold loyalty to principle above loyalty to party, but remember, those who are not interested in politics will be forever ruled by those who are.

7. Whenever possible, seek employment in government, education, communications, and other institutions where you can exercise strong influence on behalf of freedom. Help others of like mind to obtain similar positions within your work force. Don’t fight city hall. Become city hall.

8. Leadership brings power but also responsibility. When holding positions of authority, adhere to the highest standards of honesty and integrity. Never betray those you lead.

9. Live by your principles without compromise. Let it be known where you stand. You cannot achieve victory by hiding. Popular approval is not your primary concern. You are a warrior. Accept the risks and the consequences. Stand tall in your convictions. Be an example for others.

Swearengen
02-25-2008, 04:41 PM
I don't see why anyone has to lie...

I'm just going to say that I'm very concerned at the national support for Hillary and Obama and want to help do something about it!

nbhadja
02-25-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't see why anyone has to lie...

I'm just going to say that I'm very concerned at the national support for Hillary and Obama and want to help do something about it!

Because if you tell the truth that you are a RP supporter you have a good chance of being rejected.
The Neocons lie, so we lie back.

WilliamC
02-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Because if you tell the truth that you are a RP supporter you have a good chance of being rejected.
The Neocons lie, so we lie back.

And thus you start to become what you are fighting....

I'm not advocating shouting RON PAUL at the top of your lungs during meetings, but I cannot support deliberate lying about supporting him either.

literatim
02-25-2008, 04:47 PM

As long as you aren't hurting anyone.

I don't see much difference between lying to become a delegate and civil disobedience.

I won't tell anyone not to, but I truly don't see what purpose is served by trying to champion the cause of liberty by deliberately lying.

You would rather lose your country?

You are using the same weapon. You don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

WilliamC
02-25-2008, 04:56 PM
1) As long as you aren't hurting anyone.

2) I don't see much difference between lying to become a delegate and civil disobedience.

3 ) You would rather lose your country?

1) Ron Paul's reputation is harmed by his supporters lying about supporting him in order to advance his cause.

2) Civil disobedience is not the same as lying.

3) It's not an either/or situation.

Again, I'm not going to rant about people lying about their intentions, but personally I'm not very good at it and in this case I don't see the need for it.

Yes, in some situations lying in self-defense is appropriate, but I don't see this as one of them.

And no, I don't think that I am seriously jepardizing my chances if I don't lie about my motives for wanting to become a delegate.

Again, I'm not saying (in the context of attending Republican Party meetings) that I'm voting for Ron Paul no matter what, but I will say I think he is the best candidate the Republicans could nominate.

Civil disobedience would come in to play if, as a bound delegate I were to deliberately vote against the candidate I was bound to and then be willing to accept the consenquences.

That is an option I would consider.

Bruno
02-25-2008, 04:59 PM

I'm not advocating shouting RON PAUL at the top of your lungs during meetings, but I cannot support deliberate lying about supporting him either.

This is obviously an ethical debate as supporters of the movement and as individuals.
Leave it to your own conscience to decide.

Do you want to volunteer openly as a Ron Paul supporter and risk suppression from participation, or use some subtle phrasing like "I support Conservitive ideals", or "I am ready to take on Clinton or Obama".

For the record, I do believe the ends justifies the means in this case. There is far more at stake than pride in how an election is won.

I thank anyone in advance who bends the truth if necessary to get Ron Paul in the White House.

I would rather have what would be seen at worst as a sneaky trick in using the party's own rules to receive a nomination (far more legal than what McCain is doing to get out of his FEC pubic matching funds) than to lose and see Americans lose all our freedoms, sovereignty, and wealth.

Do we tell our children and grandchildren that we were "this close" to saving their freedoms but we were collectively unwilling to bend the truth? :confused: I know most of us are far more willing to do much more as time goes on and events deem it necessary to save our country from those who would use their power to oppress us.

If this is how the Revolution was won (by sneaking in delegates), it would be the least violent, most ethical Revolution in world history.
;)

literatim
02-25-2008, 05:03 PM
1) Ron Paul's reputation is harmed by his supporters lying about supporting him in order to advance his cause.

Prove it.

2) Civil disobedience is not the same as lying.

Lying to gain a foothold in a completely corrupt system is very much akin to civil disobedience.

3) It's not an either/or situation.

Yeah, because being noble has really done us a whole lot of good. :rolleyes:

Yes, in some situations lying in self-defense is appropriate, but I don't see this as one of them.

So you don't think the idea of preventing the globalists from completely owning this country and its populace is worth lying to stop? So when they signed in the PATRIOT Act, that was just a good natured prank? "Gotcha!"

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 05:08 PM
Why the fight? William says he's not a good liar, and I say thank you for knowing your limits. Bet you don't play poker, either. So, go and represent us well. I was at our county convention and may well have converted a Huckabee supporter ("Ron Paul wants to do away with the IRS too?"). If the under-the-radar types have a better shot at becoming delegates, at least you'll be there to vote for them.

There are many types of us in this movement, and I'm damned glad. We all have strengths and all our disparate strengths will be needed.

Penners
02-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Beautiful post acptulsa! I agree that obtaining delegate positions can be an ethical quagmire. In my area we have to become presinct delgates, then county delgates, then district delegates then state delegates. If I read my county's rules correctly we have to declare who we are supporting. I am hoping that there is either no one, or only a few at the precinct level so I can use the ole "we have to stop obama/hillary" line. Immediately following the precinct elections we have the county election. If elected as a delegate I will at some point have to "declare". At this time I'm not sure what I'll say. It's unlikely that I can say I would vote McCain... so I may have to say Huckster. I am also planning on taking 2 short speeches with me (1) proclaiming my republican heritage and denouncing the welfare state the demos want to impose on us... with a line or two about less government, lower taxes... blah blah blah party line. (2) same as one but with emphasis on real conservative values and why that makes me a RON PAUL supporter.

I believe my meetup is having a mock convention here ... so we can know what to expect and practice.

Anyway, with regards to telling a lie..... ever make a little "adjustment" to your income tax expenses? Ever dodge telling the truth to avoid hurting someone's feelings (nah, me neither)...

It is each individual's choice based on their comfort level. We each need to do what is most comfortable... and keep in mind that only I have to look me in the face each morning and be ok with the lady who looks back. Only you have to be ok with that person who looks back at you each morning.

GO RON PAUL!!!

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
When they ask you who you support, say, "The vote of the people has bound me to ______ and as that is my duty that is who I will support!" Then hope they don't ask what you will do when you're no longer bound!

syborius
02-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Our County Convention was Saturday. They had twice the number of people they're used to getting. They kind of loved it and were kind of scared, too. One guy claimed there were two candidates in the race for president and, when he noticed the reaction he was getting, hurredly brought up Ron Paul.

They were all about, "How do we capitalize on this movement?"

I said, "Stick to the conservative ideals we're here to represent."

Oh, they want us, make no mistake. They know why we're there, make no mistake about that, either. Just make them make the choice--do their crooked business as usual or survive as a political force in this nation.

LOL, thats funny....I really wonder what the true delegate count is, even with the bound delegates for Mccain, im sure we have many RP folks in there.

syborius
02-25-2008, 06:21 PM
When they ask you who you support, say, "The vote of the people has bound me to ______ and as that is my duty that is who I will support!" Then hope they don't ask what you will do when you're no longer bound!

lie, simple. Sorry, do what you must. If you feel expulsion is coming because of your true ideals, hide them, if it doesn't benefit Ron Paul one bit to reveal your true ideals, and they demand to know what they are, feed them horse shit. Politics is not for the gullible, or the naive. It requires skill to get your man to the top, or create a lasting movement to remove the corrupt assholes in power currently. The trick is, to not lose your soul in the process.

kigol
02-25-2008, 06:26 PM
:cool:

alaric
02-25-2008, 06:31 PM
This is obviously an ethical debate as supporters of the movement and as individuals.
Leave it to your own conscience to decide.

Do you want to volunteer openly as a Ron Paul supporter and risk suppression from participation, or use some subtle phrasing like "I support Conservitive ideals", or "I am ready to take on Clinton or Obama".

For the record, I do believe the ends justifies the means in this case. There is far more at stake than pride in how an election is won.

I thank anyone in advance who bends the truth if necessary to get Ron Paul in the White House.

I would rather have what would be seen at worst as a sneaky trick in using the party's own rules to receive a nomination (far more legal than what McCain is doing to get out of his FEC pubic matching funds) than to lose and see Americans lose all our freedoms, sovereignty, and wealth.

Do we tell our children and grandchildren that we were "this close" to saving their freedoms but we were collectively unwilling to bend the truth? :confused: I know most of us are far more willing to do much more as time goes on and events deem it necessary to save our country from those who would use their power to oppress us.

If this is how the Revolution was won (by sneaking in delegates), it would be the least violent, most ethical Revolution in world history.
;)

here is an ethical way out:
When asked, just say nice things about Huckabee like: I like that he's a preacher. You like that he supports the 2nd amendment. You don't have to say you are a supporter to say 'nice things. Then on round 2, just take off your huck mask and vote for Ron!

TruthAtLast
02-25-2008, 06:37 PM
It's not so much stupid pride as it is a difficulty in deliberate lying.

It just doesn't come out very well when I do it.

Of course some people may find it very easy to lie about who they are and what they stand for...but I don't think Ron Paul is one of them

we didn't make the rules. if the GOP wants to play fair, we'll play fair but no one can expect to take power away from those who not only have the power currently, but make the rules on how to take it from them.

It is like playing a football game and the other team has 50 men on the field, but also changed the rules and employed the refs to ALLOW them to have that many. Now, you can play with integrity and attempt to win with 11 men but you will lose.

I'd rather Ron Paul (or any other true Ron Paul Republican) win by virtually any means necessary.... then let them be altruistic and fall back on their core beliefs once they are in office. At that point who is going to stop them?

You can't fight a machine gun with nothing but a butterknife.

nbhadja
02-25-2008, 06:54 PM

No I don't!!
I support a limited constitutional republic. I am against the war, the inflation, the taxes, the invasion of privacy, and illegal immigration. How does it then make me like them??????????????????? IT DOESN'T!

I never understood logic like that cause it does not make sense.

Potentially millions of lives overseas are on the line in addition to our country's future, I have no problem lying.

WilliamC
02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Well like I've said I'm not speaking out against anyone who wishes to use deception to advance the cause, and I'm surely not going to call anyone out because of it.

It's just I'd rather be as honest as possible in this cause and try and lead by example, as I see Ron Paul himself doing.

I don't know when if ever Ron Paul has lied or deceived while he has been in public office, so I can't understand how I am being true to his ideals if I do so to advance his (and mine and our) message.

Again, I'm not going to go to meetings shouting Ron Paul or nothing, but I will be outspoken in my belief that he is the best candidate that the Republicans can possibly offer this election cycle to win the White House, and that he is a true Conservative in the model of Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan and has the voting record and integrity to prove it. Now if push comes to shove and I'm given a choice to become a delegate (which takes place after our primary) for a district that has voted to support another candidate, and if I have to become bound to that candidate to make it to the national convention, then the decision I have to make is whether or not I'm willing to lie and say "yes I'll vote for so-and-so" when in reality I actually plan to vote for Ron Paul and face the penalties of breaking my bond.

That seems more like what civil disobedience is, deliberately breaking a law (and I don't know specifically about Mississippi but there are States that make it a misdemeaner crime to break the pledge one makes as a bound delegate) and voting my conscious instead of voting for who my precinct sent me to vote for.

But if others think they can do better by falsely declaring support for Huckabee or McCain well good luck. I just hope if we do take the Convention by stealth, deception, and lies that there isn't much negative blowback against Ron Paul.

hawks4ronpaul
02-25-2008, 08:37 PM
This is not criticizing anyone in particular but please do not act like a Neocon:

Stop saying that you will "take over" the GOP unless you WANT to defeat Ron Paul by inviting blowback. Expect agent provocateurs to say we are trying to "take over" to sabotage us.
It was the Neocons who took over/hijacked the GOP. You HELP the Neocons when you describe US as the foreign invaders (and grant the Neocons victim status).
WE are RESTORING/SAVING/DEFENDING the GOP (principles).

How to pass the GOP loyalty test honestly: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119834

WilliamC
02-26-2008, 06:32 AM
No I don't!!
I support a limited constitutional republic. I am against the war, the inflation, the taxes, the invasion of privacy, and illegal immigration. How does it then make me like them??????????????????? IT DOESN'T!

I never understood logic like that cause it does not make sense.

Potentially millions of lives overseas are on the line in addition to our country's future, I have no problem lying.

I also support the things you mentioned, but I don't think that McCain does at all, and I'm not too sure Huckabee really does either. Of course the Democratic candidates don't.

Ron Paul does. That's why I say he is the best candidate that the Republicans can nominate. Obviously he isn't the only candidate they can nominate, and like I said I am not going to take the stance that it's Ron Paul or I quit with my local Republican Party.

I just don't understand the logic of deliberately lying that Ron Paul is not the best candidate that the Republicans have running. That's what many who call themselves Conservative (and who may really be but haven't thought through their positions as deeply as I) do when they say McCain is a true Conservative, or Huckabee is. One look at their records while in public office and you can tell they are not.

Why are people ashamed to associate themselves with Ron Pauls good name?

edit: not ashamed, but think it is wrong to do so?

I suppose I'm just not in a local Republican Party where I've seen much support for McCain. The one meeting I've attended so far I actually spoke up and said I was scared that if McCain gets the nomination not only will the Republicans lose the White House, but they will lose more seats in Congress as a result.

No one spoke up for McCain, and I could see several people nodding in agreement as I was speaking.

From what I can tell just by the one meeting I'm willing to bet that Huckabee will be the candidate of choice of most people there.

They just don't know as much about Ron Paul but no one had anything negative to say about him either.

idiom
02-26-2008, 06:38 AM
Thats right, honorable soldiers do not wear camoflage.

WilliamC
02-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Thats right, honorable soldiers do not wear camoflage.

Well sometimes they do, but to delibrately go into a Republican club or local party and treat them right off as the enemy (which is the impression I get from some folks) is not the way to win the hearts and minds of the rank and file.

I suppose in Republican Party structures that are heavily dominated by pro-McCain neocons there might be reason for some stealth, but that's not the situation I find myself in.

But as to the sentiment of your post, I agree that when you start lying about your principles to advance your cause then you are starting down the path of using fraud to get what you can't by voluntary cooperation. And that's counter-productive to the cause of liberty and individual rights. They can't be forced on people or spread by tricking people into adopting them, they have to be spread by example and honest conversion.

Like Ron Paul himself has been trying to do his entire political career.

There are reasons he has near perfect integrity, and one of them is that he doesn't lie about what he's trying to do.

Todd
02-26-2008, 06:55 AM
Gosh...Alot of good points on both sides. I think I lean more to being principled, but you also don't have to offer your entire life story either.

What did Goldwater say?

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Sometimes the ends do justify the means.

rockandrollsouls
02-26-2008, 08:47 AM
Here's an idea. how about we get people in as huck delegates AND paul delegates. This way we aren't bound to McCain first round AND we have a mutli pronged attack - coming from what huck thought were his and our own strong delegates.

Banana
02-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Personally, I'd rather to be honest; just don't have to tell them right off the bat if I think I'm in a den of lions. Tell them that I will support Republican's nominee, Constitution and so forth.

Better to be a McCain delegate than not to be one at all. Of course, I will vote whoever I am bound to, out of principle. If brokered convention happens, I do what I want.

If no brokered convention, I still get to do what I want WRT party's platform, party rules and so forth.

That's why I keep saying if we storm the convention, Paul wins, even if he doesn't get the nomination.

gracebkr
02-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Wow, didn't know this sparked a debate. Either way, I don't lie. It's a choice I made when I was a child. I will not lie to advance my position. I am making a good choice by supporting Ron Paul and I have nothing to hide. I am a hard core conservative, anti federalist. I am in good standing with the Republican party. And as i already stated, it was impossible for him to appoint me because those spots were filled with Ron Paul people. They showed up, now I am in a race for my spot, if I win, then 3 of our 4 spots in this county will be Ron Paul, if I don't then 2 are. So, what he was saying was not he won't appoint me because of Ron Paul's strategy, but because he can't appoint because Ron Paul's strategy is working.

And to whoever said this is about pride, NO, it is about integrity. I plan on making a political career, whether it be through writing papers, or books or teaching, or running as president one day, I will not begin by being a liar. I could only hope to be as transparent as Ron Paul. That is why I am here. He is what he says he is. His record doesn't lie, but if he was a liar, I would not be here. I will campaign on Ron Paul and throw my name in it at the end.

I don't lie.

gracebkr
02-26-2008, 09:22 AM
This is not criticizing anyone in particular but please do not act like a Neocon:

Stop saying that you will "take over" the GOP unless you WANT to defeat Ron Paul by inviting blowback. Expect agent provocateurs to say we are trying to "take over" to sabotage us.
It was the Neocons who took over/hijacked the GOP. You HELP the Neocons when you describe US as the foreign invaders (and grant the Neocons victim status).
WE are RESTORING/SAVING/DEFENDING the GOP (principles).

How to pass the GOP loyalty test honestly: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119834

Exactly. He actually asked me why I was not voting for John McCain and I gave him answers that show I am a Republican. I questioned his family values, his amnesty, his potential spending with his war ideas and his anti gun stance. Bam, he's not a Republican and I am. I can't say I agree with those things. I think people will come around when they see the cause is just, but being a liar hurts the cause. I hate liars.

zadrock
02-26-2008, 09:43 AM
We can't win without current members of the GOP. Sure, some of them are neocons, but many of them aren't and are longing for someone who's truly conservative. By openly supporting Ron Paul at GOP events, we allow for the possibility of converting some of the GOP to our cause. If we lie and support other candidates, then how can we get them to support Ron Paul if we are not openly supporting him?

I think that most GOP officials, especially those at the local levels, only dislike RP because of the negative exposure he's gotten. If we can openly support him and explain WHY, we have a good chance of converting them if they are truly conservative. This is actually the perfect year to openly support him because so many conservatives disdain the other Presidential choices.

One thing I would recommend is to know RP's foreign policy inside and out before going to one of these conventions. That is the biggest obstacle we must overcome. But point out how RP wanted to use letters of marque and reprisal right after 9/11, how he really believes in a strong defense, etc. People wrongly think that he just wants to lay down and surrender and we must convince them that that's not the case. One-third of Republicans want us out of Iraq. We CAN win the hearts and minds of true Republicans, but we must stay wary of the neocons.

Z

zadrock
02-26-2008, 10:59 AM
I should also add: be sure to bring up the fact that Ron Paul gets more donations from the armed forces than all other candidates combined. Then let THEM try to justify why that's the case.

Z

manny
02-26-2008, 05:35 PM
We can't win without current members of the GOP. Sure, some of them are neocons, but many of them aren't and are longing for someone who's truly conservative. By openly supporting Ron Paul at GOP events, we allow for the possibility of converting some of the GOP to our cause. If we lie and support other candidates, then how can we get them to support Ron Paul if we are not openly supporting him?

I think that most GOP officials, especially those at the local levels, only dislike RP because of the negative exposure he's gotten. If we can openly support him and explain WHY, we have a good chance of converting them if they are truly conservative. This is actually the perfect year to openly support him because so many conservatives disdain the other Presidential choices.

One thing I would recommend is to know RP's foreign policy inside and out before going to one of these conventions. That is the biggest obstacle we must overcome. But point out how RP wanted to use letters of marque and reprisal right after 9/11, how he really believes in a strong defense, etc. People wrongly think that he just wants to lay down and surrender and we must convince them that that's not the case. One-third of Republicans want us out of Iraq. We CAN win the hearts and minds of true Republicans, but we must stay wary of the neocons.

Z

Great post. Ron is the best and most conservative candidate on

gun rights
taxes
illegal immigration
the UN
states rights

etc etc.

This should be the message. And we need to keep pushing it. I notice this Murray Sabrin guy is very good at expressing it.

Sometimes I think Ron is just too honest. He's like the perfect university lecturer - cuts through the rubbish and gives just the truth. For example at that first debate when Rudy claimed Ron had blamed Americans for 9/11, Ron answered perfectly and any intelligent person saw Rudy as an idiot. However, being this is politics, Ron probably could have started his reply off with "I would never blame Americans, this is the greatest country in the world and I was in the Air Force" etc.

Incidentally, Ron is the most conservative on foreign policy too (imagine if Hillary Clinton was sending young americans to die to provide revenue for political contributors and further a globalist agenda of western "democracy" world-wide).

Go read free-republic. They are crying out for someone to stop illegal immigration and who understands the wonder of capitalism and the rule of law. But they honestly think Ron's a liberal :eek: Got to get the message across that he's conservative. Liberals would have a heart attack if Ron got in - no more UN, gun control or illegal immigrants :)