PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio TV reported RP dropped out, help us bombard them

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-25-2008, 11:11 AM
KENS 5 (CBS) announced that Ron Paul dropped out! On the night of the Ron Paul in the Main Mall in Austin concert and speech, KENS 5 said that Ron Paul took that time at the Rally to announce his ending of his run for the presidency! This is blatant disinformation and anti-Ron Paul propaganda! KENS 5 is also affiliated with the local paper, the Express-News. This needs to be corrected ASAP. Please assist us in educating these yellow journalists. Here are a couples of contacts to vent to:

asmith@kens5.com
news@kens5.com

(210) 366-5000

CoreyBowen999
02-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Wtf!

Mister Grieves
02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
Aren't we at the point to where we can start taking some kind of legal action against things like this?

Chip-ins for legal counsel and whatnot.

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 11:32 AM
I said, "Given that Ron Paul is the only presidential candidate who opposes the NAFTA Corridor and the massive land grabs that entails, how can you justify youselves in the name of 'public service' when you deliver deliberate misinformation about him?" or words to that effect. The subject line accused them of being Texas traitors.

Add fuel to the fire--and be sure to mention Dr. Paul's position on this NAFTA Superhighway land grab so they know what they are doing to their readers and listeners by playing along with the national MSM manipulation.

VRP08
02-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Aren't we at the point to where we can start taking some kind of legal action against things like this?

aren't we beyond that point?:eek:

Mister Grieves
02-25-2008, 11:36 AM
aren't we beyond that point?:eek:

No. This isn't a case of not getting equal time during a debate or even giving inaccurate fundraising totals.

This is blatant disinformation and has to be stopped. If we don't start uniting to right wrongs like this, we're screwed.

hyoomen
02-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Anybody have evidence from their site or a YouTube? I know it is difficult to verify, but I'm always hesitant about lambasting from the authority of others.

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 11:42 AM
dirknb, you're in that market. Let's use the free market on them! Aren't we all for the free market because competition is good? Who are their competitors? Most private enterprises are far more willing to slam the competition than to own up to their own failings, right? Let's tell their competitors that Channel Five is slamming the one presidential candidate who's against the NAFTA Highway Land Grab!

Please get us those email addresses. You get the Austin Chronicle? What is your weekly? What are the other tv stations?

greeksta59
02-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Here In Dallas They Reported He Dropped Out Too!!! Local News Channel 5!

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Here In Dallas They Reported He Dropped Out Too!!! Local News Channel 5!

Please get us email addresses for maybe them and definitely their competition!

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Come on, guys, this is the very heart of land grab territory, and we only have a week. We need to get these Channels Five slammed by the competition for feeding misinformation, and along the way, get out the news that Dr. Paul is the only one fighting for Texans' property rights.

hopeforamerica
02-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Front page of Ron Paul's website:

Ron Paul Vows to Keep On Fighting (2/21/08)

roversaurus
02-25-2008, 12:04 PM
Actually you shouldn't talk to them about the issues.

Ask them why the heck they ran a story without checking their references.

Did they even think to ASK Ron Paul if he had dropped out?

Isn't that the first thing a reporter should do?
THAT is what their competition should learn.

dealerjim
02-25-2008, 12:08 PM
email sent. This kind of outright bullshit pisses me off to no end.

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Actually you shouldn't talk to them about the issues.

Ask them why the heck they ran a story without checking their references.

I would generally agree that the main issue is their irresponsible so-called "journalism". However, the NAFTA corridor is not only a reason why their readers will care, but our key to get these delegates in Dr. Paul's pocket. So, I respectfully disagree at this moment.

jake
02-25-2008, 12:12 PM
bump. this makes the blood boil. what a bunch of hacks!

gregb
02-25-2008, 12:15 PM
I sent

Hello,

Why would you say Ron Paul dropped out of the Republican race when it isn't true? Where did you get your info from?

I am webmaster for around 50 websites in your vicinity, and I will begin the effort to reward your competition unless I get good answers and lots of retraction (unless you know something I don't and I don't think you do). Additionally, I am beginning to compose a list of your advertisors which I will contact and inform them why I am not only boycotting their product or service but will actively promote their competition.

Thank you in advance for your quick response.

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 12:24 PM
I sent

Hello,

Why would you say Ron Paul dropped out of the Republican race when it isn't true? Where did you get your info from?

I am webmaster for around 50 websites in your vicinity, and I will begin the effort to reward your competition unless I get good answers and lots of retraction (unless you know something I don't and I don't think you do). Additionally, I am beginning to compose a list of your advertisors which I will contact and inform them why I am not only boycotting their product or service but will actively promote their competition.

Thank you in advance for your quick response.

Nice. Let us know if the response is quick. Otherwise operations commence. I'm not hearing back from the Texans that reported these transgressions, but once I'm off work I bet I find out myself.

hyoomen
02-25-2008, 12:25 PM
greeksta59: really? I don't have a TV so I haven't seen it. Got a link?

braeden0613
02-25-2008, 12:42 PM
wow that doesnt surprise me..

HollyforRP
02-25-2008, 12:47 PM
calling...

"we've had a number of calls about that today!"

I just told the lady, Ron Paul has not dropped out and she responded nicely okay we got that thank you.

hyoomen
02-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Greeksta: if you can corroborate this, I have the direct NBC5i news room phone line to contact. I already asked them to follow up.

sunny
02-25-2008, 12:51 PM
KENS 5 (CBS) announced that Ron Paul dropped out! On the night of the Ron Paul in the Main Mall in Austin concert and speech, KENS 5 said that Ron Paul took that time at the Rally to announce his ending of his run for the presidency! This is blatant disinformation and anti-Ron Paul propaganda! KENS 5 is also affiliated with the local paper, the Express-News. This needs to be corrected ASAP. Please assist us in educating these yellow journalists. Here are a few contacts to vent to:

asmith@kens5.com
news@kens5.com
gmartin@express-news.net
tstephen@express-news.net
rrivard@express-news.net
ssalinas@express-news.net
spape@express-news.net

210-366-5000
210-250-3710
210-250-3811
210-250-3111
210-250-2510

I JUST CALLED THE FIRST NUMBER AND WAS TOLD IT'S NOT TRUE!

mysticgeek
02-25-2008, 01:03 PM
You Tube Of This????

mysticgeek
02-25-2008, 01:07 PM
Contrary to what your story claims, Dr. Ron Paul has NOT dropped out of the presidential race. In fact on the night your story aired Ron Paul was holding a rally for over 4,000 of his dedicated supporters in Austin Texas.

I highly urge you to correct this mistake!

freelance
02-25-2008, 01:11 PM
No. This isn't a case of not getting equal time during a debate or even giving inaccurate fundraising totals.

This is blatant disinformation and has to be stopped. If we don't start uniting to right wrongs like this, we're screwed.

I really hate to break this to you, but the FCC has ruled that media can lie. What do you suggest be done about it? Ron Paul is a "public figure," so laws about slander/libel do not usually apply. Perhaps if they printed that RP was a child molester/rapist AND murderer, the courts would allow such a case without throwing it out, but who knows these days.

Maxwell TX
02-25-2008, 01:16 PM
KENS 5 (CBS) announced that Ron Paul dropped out! On the night of the Ron Paul in the Main Mall in Austin concert and speech, KENS 5 said that Ron Paul took that time at the Rally to announce his ending of his run for the presidency!
Do you remember which anchor that was? KENS 5 was one of my favorites, but time to bombard them for false statements.:mad:

nbhadja
02-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Everyone from those cities march down there and threaten to file a lawsuit. Protest in front of their studios. Give those fuckers hell.

Margo37
02-25-2008, 01:55 PM
Sidenote: C-Span Morning Journal last week, Steve mentioned Ron Paul had dropped out of the race, I don't remember if he said "essentially" or exact terminology, not scaled back or concentrating on Texas but OUT.

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 02:19 PM
Duke? Greek? You two have more specifics on this so we can more effectively move on it? Hello?

constitutional
02-25-2008, 02:25 PM
I really hate to break this to you, but the FCC has ruled that media can lie. What do you suggest be done about it? Ron Paul is a "public figure," so laws about slander/libel do not usually apply. Perhaps if they printed that RP was a child molester/rapist AND murderer, the courts would allow such a case without throwing it out, but who knows these days.

I really hate to break this to you, but we are not filing a lawsuit or I don't where FCC comes in here. We are just sending them a message telling them to RETRACT THE STATEMENT. You know why? Because it's their responsibility to set the record straight once they acknowledge the mistake.

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-25-2008, 02:26 PM
Do you remember which anchor that was? KENS 5 was one of my favorites, but time to bombard them for false statements.:mad:

I didn't see it myself, but I had 3 different calls about it from people who saw it asking me if it was true. A few emails about it today also. Apparently it was Saturday night on the 10:00 news.

One of our Meetup group members was out canvassing yesterday and had several people say the same thing.

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 02:36 PM
I didn't see it myself, but I had 3 different calls about it from people who saw it asking me if it was true. A few emails about it today also. Apparently it was Saturday night on the 10:00 news.

One of our Meetup group members was out canvassing yesterday and had several people say the same thing.

I think that's enough to confirm in San Antonio. Greek? How about that Dallas incident?

They may not have an obligation to be factual, but their competition may feel an "obligation" to let the market know who can and can't be trusted...

LEK
02-25-2008, 02:36 PM
I sent an e-mail to HQ - I know, I know - but perhaps they can do a nation-wide, major network press release?

durden0
02-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Please send us a copy of what you purportedly read that reports Ron Paul dropped out. We'd like to see what you have in hand.

Bob Rivard

Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 2:31 PM
To: asmith@kens5.com; news@kens5.com; Martin, Gary R; Stephenson, Tom; Rivard, Robert; Salinas, Sergio H; Pape, Susan
Subject: ron paul has NOT dropped out

Check your sources next time. Shameful reporting in a time when the truth is so valuable.

So, how bout it?

Cooter
02-25-2008, 03:03 PM
Please send us a copy of what you purportedly read that reports Ron Paul dropped out. We'd like to see what you have in hand.

Bob Rivard

Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 2:31 PM
To: asmith@kens5.com; news@kens5.com; Martin, Gary R; Stephenson, Tom; Rivard, Robert; Salinas, Sergio H; Pape, Susan
Subject: ron paul has NOT dropped out

Check your sources next time. Shameful reporting in a time when the truth is so valuable.

So, how bout it?
thats what i just got. :)

mysticgeek
02-25-2008, 03:06 PM
I also got this response:

Bob Rivard

Do we have anything to provide them?

Ex Post Facto
02-25-2008, 03:11 PM
I think our best case for prosecution against the media is a civil charge of Moral Turpitude. Wherein, the act or ommission is so blatantly evil that it strikes damage to a person, and is viewed as a crime.

montanarp
02-25-2008, 03:15 PM
www.liveleak.com/view?i=ba6_1203966876

durden0
02-25-2008, 03:29 PM
www.liveleak.com/view?i=ba6_1203966876

Ron Paul took time out of his busy schedule this weekend to speak with KXAN in Austin on Feb. 24.

That appears to be KXAN not KENS5. Are they the same?

JohnDevilman
02-25-2008, 03:33 PM
God bless Austin.

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Funny. "Before we admit to anything, we would like you to show us that you have proof we committed an error."

Lord Xar
02-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Funny. "Before we admit to anything, we would like you to show us that you have proof we committed an error."

is this what the are saying. "give us proof that he is still in the race?" - one should ask, WHERE IS THE PROOF HE IS NOT IN THE RACE!!!!!!

I think it is worth it to find out WHO controls that station... on a local level.

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 04:00 PM
is this what the are saying. "give us proof that he is still in the race?" - one should ask, WHERE IS THE PROOF HE IS NOT IN THE RACE!!!!!!

I think it is worth it to find out WHO controls that station... on a local level.

No, that's not what they're saying. They're saying, "If you didn't YouTube it, it didn't happen."

Vendico
02-25-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm pretty sure you can request a copy of their content if you specify the time/date. Might take a lawyer though.

mysticgeek
02-25-2008, 04:16 PM
Damn I wish we had a clip of them lying. Youtube anyone??

Maxwell TX
02-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Ron Paul took time out of his busy schedule this weekend to speak with KXAN in Austin on Feb. 24.

That appears to be KXAN not KENS5. Are they the same?
KXAN (NBC, the peacock station) is Austin. They interviewed him, plus had a news van at the rally. KENS5 (CBS-BELO) is San Antonio. Didn't see hide nor hair of KENS5. I sat on the back wall that looks down on the street where the vans were parked. I get both sets of stations where I live, just don't watch all that much tele.

Quite often KENS5 runs a story, but there will be no article on the web site. Have encountered that often in the past. Has anyone checked the San Antonio Express Sunday edition?

dirknb@hotmail.com

Thank you.

CurtisLow
02-25-2008, 05:27 PM
This is the reply I received from them..

Rivard, Robert to RJ, asmith, news, Gary, Tom, Sergio, Susan

show details 3:52 PM (2 hours ago)

Please send us a copy of what you purportedly read that reports Ron
Paul dropped out. We'd like to see what you have in hand.

Bob Rivard

IDefendThePlatform
02-25-2008, 05:32 PM
This is the reply I received from them..

Rivard, Robert to RJ, asmith, news, Gary, Tom, Sergio, Susan

show details 3:52 PM (2 hours ago)

Please send us a copy of what you purportedly read that reports Ron
Paul dropped out. We'd like to see what you have in hand.

Bob Rivard

Sounds like they are denying that they screwed up. No one has a tape of the Saturday 10 o'clock news do they? I'd reply with "Did you or did you not report that Ron Paul dropped out of the race on the 10:00 news? If so, I would like a retraction."

devil21
02-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Everybody in that area needs to scour their DVRs for this clip. Can anyone post to their meetup groups?

syborius
02-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Pretty blatant assault. Why not try to slam them with a lawsuit? Won't it cost them money to try and get it thrown out, if that's the case? There must be some recourse when the attack is so blatant and the lie is against a national candidate running for the presidency. Nothing shocks me anymore. We live in the Soviet States of America.

heartless
02-25-2008, 05:50 PM
emergency bump

syborius
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Sounds like they are denying that they screwed up. No one has a tape of the Saturday 10 o'clock news do they? I'd reply with "Did you or did you not report that Ron Paul dropped out of the race on the 10:00 news? If so, I would like a retraction."

A retraction must be won.

dealerjim
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
My reply to their reply:

"I assume you keep recorded copies of all your broadcasts. Am I correct in this assumption? If so, fire up the vcr and play back your 10 o'clock news from Saturday night and verify it yourself. I didn't tivo the broadcast but rest assured someone did and it will surface eventually. "

AJ Antimony
02-25-2008, 05:58 PM

Chip-ins for legal counsel and whatnot.

This is EXACTLY what I thought when I read this thread's title. I would love to see people start suing these jerks.

hyoomen
02-25-2008, 07:17 PM
I both emailed and called NBC5i in Dallas and they requested corroboration (on phone and by email). They did seem concerned with the allegation that they had unduly misreported anything of that nature.

I'm skeptical about the whole thing (specifically Dallas) -- I definitely wish I'd heeded my own advice and waited confirmation from Greeksta.

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-25-2008, 07:35 PM
I still have not seen the TV clip, but this was in an email I got from RP's Texas Coordinator today that she sent out to some of the Meetup Organizers in reference to the issue:

"Consider this our call to arms this morning.... we need to man our Early Voting locations vigilantly; and take no prisoners when it comes to yellow journalists!

lvp1138
02-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Are we sure this is for real? Because if not, we are going to leave a bad impression...

Time for Change
02-25-2008, 07:36 PM
post all their contact info...we'll clog their emails until they retract the lies.
Picket the station.
Make banners, truck signs, etc.
They'll comply, they hate bad juju.

TXcarlosTX
02-25-2008, 07:38 PM
i know this happened because i was awakened around 10:20 from a friend from meetup asking me to call kens 5 because of what they said. i also saved the message from my friend that he left. we should look into this. kens5 is also express news, which is a big toll road /texas transcorridor supporter!!! they dont like ron or others running against tolls and transcorridor.

jake
02-25-2008, 08:19 PM
someone must have it on tivo..

IDefendThePlatform
02-25-2008, 08:28 PM
My reply to their reply:

"I assume you keep recorded copies of all your broadcasts. Am I correct in this assumption? If so, fire up the vcr and play back your 10 o'clock news from Saturday night and verify it yourself. I didn't tivo the broadcast but rest assured someone did and it will surface eventually. "

Nice work.

I can't wait for a youtube of this. Someone please! "Fire up the vcr" :)

TastyWheat
03-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Someone in the computer lab just saw me printing some Ron Paul fliers and told me he heard he dropped out. Damn you KENS 5!