PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT: Action Alert!

skiingff
08-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Guys and gals, please pledge NOW to bombard New Hampshire and Iowa with Ron Paul TV ads. You need not send the money now, I'm just asking for pledges so we can see if this is doable. The faster I get 150 of you to pledge, the quicker Ron Paul's message gets out there and the LONGER it has to resonate with the American public before they get brainwashed. If we keep waiting, we will be facing an uphill battle. If we do this NOW and public opinion starts shifting, the media will take notice.

http://www.pledgebank.com/20kforpaul

PLEDGE ANY AMOUNT YOU CAN. ONLY HAVE $25? SIGN THE PLEDGE. I WILL TRY TO COVER YOU, AND HOPEFULLY SOME PEOPLE WILL DONATE MORE THAN THE PLEDGE ASKS TO COVER YOU.

PLEASE, TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS.

http://www.pledgebank.com/20kforpaul

skiingff
08-15-2007, 12:11 PM
Two Ron Paul TV commercials are available for your viewing, a 30-second and 60-second ad at http://www.operationnh.com

We need people to start submitting us more ads. The more we have to choose from, the better.

paulaholic
08-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Those are great. I'll pitch in if possible.

disinter
08-15-2007, 12:45 PM
Wow! Those are really good! (first two)

Slugg
08-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I am counting my 'jar of change'...I've counted and rolled 100 dollars in quarters alone and have at least that much left....so in a day or three I will be donating about 200 - 300 dollars.

Couple of questions:
You use 'real' music...is that allowed on television? Do we need permission to use someone's music?

Lord Xar
08-15-2007, 12:58 PM
these do not look like user submitted videos.. I will work on something tonight too.. somenoe contact avaroth... Also, can you run a few ads for the same rotations?

also - be aware of copyright issues for the music and such "in" the commericials..

There are some good ones on there....

disinter
08-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Please add this one to the list that gets voted on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK-QR88yfOE

born2drv
08-15-2007, 01:02 PM
I like them all except the cradle>grave one.

I'll sign and donate, but I have a question.... how many ads will the $20,000 get us? And also I don't mean to be rude or anything, but how do we know the money would go to Ron Paul? Since you're asking us to paypal to a private person's account rather then to Ron Paul's campaign directly? Also by law don't you have to put that little disclaimer or whatever saying who paid for the ads and stuff? Have you looked into that if we have to form some non-profit corporation, and if it has to be qualified in that state or whatever to run the ads?

I'm not asking these questions to discourage you, I think it's a great idea, I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly and people have confidence in their contributions.

Thanks.

Lord Xar
08-15-2007, 01:05 PM

I'll sign and donate, but I have a question.... how many ads will the $20,000 get us? And also I don't mean to be rude or anything, but how do we know the money would go to Ron Paul? Since you're asking us to paypal to a private person's account rather then to Ron Paul's campaign directly? Also by law don't you have to put that little disclaimer or whatever saying who paid for the ads and stuff? Have you looked into that if we have to form some non-profit corporation, and if it has to be qualified in that state or whatever to run the ads?

I'm not asking these questions to discourage you, I think it's a great idea, I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly and people have confidence in their contributions.

Thanks.

yeah, I was very curious about this too and asked for "assurance and proof", DJloti said he'd take care of the "verification".

WHEN IS THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTED VIDEOS?

ChicagoLawyer
08-15-2007, 01:06 PM
With Ron Paul himself sending out around 3 emails a week asking for money, shouldn't we just give the money directly to the campaign?

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Anthony, you know how libertarians are: have to do it ourselves, or it's not worth doing. A campaign is so -- how shall we say -- bureaucratic! Also, some of will run up against the $2,300 limit at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. PAC contributions don't count toward that limit.

Funny thing: I never get Ron Paul's emails despite having donated $1,000 through the website and receiving corresponding email confirmation. Since I tend not to think RP sits down and sends those individually, I'll bravely ignore the slight. :D

disinter
08-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Funny thing: I never get Ron Paul's emails despite having donated $1,000 through the website and receiving corresponding email confirmation. Since I tend not to think RP sits down and sends those individually, I'll bravely ignore the slight. :D

That happened to me too... You have to sign up for the emails on Ron Paul's homepage to get them.

nullvalu
08-15-2007, 01:44 PM

Definately! This one is good... but it should air on stations like Comedy Central.. preferably during the Daily show or something like that

Badger Paul
08-15-2007, 01:47 PM
The national camapaign isn't going to be running any kind of advertising until the the primary and caucus dates come close but we can fill the gap with our own ads until that time and help raise RP's profile.

Dlynne
08-15-2007, 01:55 PM
I think the ads needs to tell people to vote for Ron Paul in the Republican primary for President.

If no one heard of Ron Paul before, these ads don't tell them very much, as far as what to do.

skiingff
08-15-2007, 02:25 PM

Thanks.

Absolutely good questions.

$20,000 will get us anywhere from 150-600 TV ads, depending on which networks they air on, broadcast (NBC/ABC/CBS/FOX) vrs. cable (CNN, MSNBC, Comedy Central, Fox News), with broadcast obviously costing more but gets more viewership. The one drawback with broadcast ads is that we can't exclusively target New Hampshire -- parts of Maine, Vermont, New York, and Massachusetts would be included as well. Also, primetime vrs. mid-day vrs. middle of the night would be a variable. Weekends vrs. weekdays, the current tv market, viewership, time of year, etc.

Please visit http://www.spotrunner.com/Schedules/Audience.aspx to get an idea for ad times and frequencies.

The money will NOT go to Ron Paul's campaign. We are not campaign officials and cannot air ads for Ron Paul, except by use of a Political Action Committee (PAC). We will be using a PAC to air these ads. The "this ad paid for by blah blah PAC www.blahpac.org" and "not endorsed by any candidate or candidates committee" must be the small text disclaimer on the bottom of the ad. If this were a direct campaign contribution, I could NOT donate $5,000. Campaign contributions are limited to $2,300 per election cycle per candidate. And we would NOT have the flexibility to produce our own ads. I'm already going to max out on official campaign contributions, however I want to continue to spread the message.

With the trust issue, I'm very open and transparent with this, as I realize I'm asking for a lot, however I'm also giving a LOT in return. If I was charging the Ron Paul campaign for my efforts, their bill would be in the high thousands. However I'm PAYING $5,000 to help get this done. Any trusted user on here has the right to access the Operation New Hampshire PayPal account, it is NOT a personal account. It is a nonprofit business account. PM me if you have concerns. Also, the domain registrant information is public and lists a telephone number you can contact me at with questions or suggestions.

I hope to make this a team effort, as it already is. Together, we'll get this done.

Shink
08-15-2007, 02:29 PM
I still love the one Hamedeh did, option number 8. I think number 2 is at the top vote-wise mostly because there's a crying soldier in it; I guess I'm just not into it. (I'm a vet, so it doesn't stir emotions for me personally) I love the music he used, so epic.

rich34
08-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Would it be possible to air the ads during the local 6oclock news? I think that might be the best time of the day to do it.

skiingff
08-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Would it be possible to air the ads during the local 6oclock news? I think that might be the best time of the day to do it.

Yes, we do have a say in choosing the time of day these ads will air.

Right now I need help. Here's what I need:

Website developer
More TV ads submitted
An operations coordinator for the TV ad contest
An operations coordinator for fundraising
An operations liason between the Operation and potential marketing companies that will air the ads
An operations liason between the Operation and the FEC (PAC information)
Pro-bono or cheap professional TV ad makers / editors
Local coordinators for Iowa and New Hampshire
People to SIGN the pledge

skiingff
08-15-2007, 02:49 PM

Will do.

ChicagoLawyer
08-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Anthony, you know how libertarians are: have to do it ourselves, or it's not worth doing. A campaign is so -- how shall we say -- bureaucratic! Also, some of will run up against the $2,300 limit at some point, hopefully sooner rather than later. PAC contributions don't count toward that limit.

Yes, I do know how libertarians are. My wife knows all too well! :)

briatx
08-15-2007, 02:59 PM
Signed up.

LibertyEagle
08-15-2007, 03:12 PM
I wish we could have a slimmed down one of the Reagan medal. I'm not sure if that is possible in the time constraint, but it sure is powerful. At least to me.

skiingff
08-15-2007, 03:15 PM
I wish we could have a slimmed down one of the Reagan medal. I'm not sure if that is possible in the time constraint, but it sure is powerful. At least to me.

I will shoot an e-mail the author's way to find out if he's interested in producing a 30-sec one for Operation NH.

derdy
08-15-2007, 03:40 PM
You might want to see who the cable provider is in the area. I work for Charter Communications and we have the capability of targeting specific areas with ad insertions. I'm not sure how much it costs as I don't work in that particular department.

Just a suggestion.

crashing_sux
08-16-2007, 12:54 AM
I really liked #1 and #2, but personally the rest looked, and more importantly sounded, like you tube vids. TV commercials need to be able to be replayed without annoying everyone watching them. If I was watching TV and a commercial with a loud or sappy song came on the first thing I would do is change the channel or mute it. If I had to put up with it 10 times over the course of a week it would leave a very negative impression on me.

How about we get an emotional response out of Ron Paul's words, not the same old song I've seen 400 other YouTube vids set to?

-Shane

Jon S
08-16-2007, 02:30 AM
i liked the first one the most but i would say dull the sound a bit. when it comes to sitting at home and seeing a tv ad a few times a week the last thing anyone wants to do is hear a bunch of loud bangs. but the video is really good.

Slugg
08-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Bump...what was the website that had the commercials that are under review?

BuddyRey
08-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Bump!!!

skiingff
08-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Bump...what was the website that had the commercials that are under review?
It's http://www.operationnh.com and also any other 30 or 60-sec ad from YouTube is fair game. I am adding that "Protect You: Don't Vote For RP" ad tonight, but I will have to redo the poll somehow when i do that.

Read the '10% there' thread for a complete update on the Ads and funding.

disciple
08-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Did any one see this latest video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9lWyp-RQCc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fronpaulforpresident2008%2Ecom%2F