PDA

View Full Version : Tasers and other non-fatal defense weapons

Pianist4Freedom
02-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Does anyone own a taser or comparable self defense weapons? What do you know about their effectiveness? I am considering investing in some sort of self defense weapon, but I don't like the idea of having to live with killing someone, even if that person was trying to kill me. I'd rather just incapacitate them and then have them thrown in jail. Thoughts?

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Does anyone own a taser or comparable self defense weapons? What do you know about their effectiveness? I am considering investing in some sort of self defense weapon, but I don't like the idea of having to live with killing someone, even if that person was trying to kill me. I'd rather just incapacitate them and then have them thrown in jail. Thoughts?

get a dog. =)

Pianist4Freedom
02-25-2008, 10:16 AM
get a dog. =)

haha not a bad idea. I should get a dire wolf. that'd scare off anyone. too bad they don't exist anymore.

pcosmar
02-25-2008, 11:07 AM
You need to face some difficult realities.
Tasers are considered "less lethal" weapons. Tasers DO kill. Not always but in hundreds of cases so far.
Tasers are poor defensive weapons. you are limited to one attacker. If there are more than one you are screwed. Add to that, they are only marginally effective.
They work for Compliance reinforcement, (torture) but not for defense.
You will have to decide if you are truly a pacifist.
A true pacifist will sit by and accept evil done to others or to them self, without reacting.
A coward will expect someone else to do something, but will not act to stop it.

If you are not a pacifist or a coward, then you need to learn to use violence. You do not have to like it, (I hate violence) but you need to accept it's reality, it's use, and learn effective defense.

Dr.3D
02-25-2008, 11:32 AM
It is against the law to have any kind of electronic crime deterrent device in the state I live in, so I have to carry a pistol. I have always wondered why they let me carry a pistol but not a Taser.

I do have two Doberman Pinschers but they are not always with me everywhere I go and even if they were, I would feel terrible if they got hurt defending me. Not to mention the legal problems I would have if they didn't kill the person and I got sued and had to put my dogs down.

I guess all I can do is carry my pistol and hope I never have to use it.

SpamBots Attack!!!
02-25-2008, 03:58 PM
Youre going to let a law you dont agree with effect the choice you make for what you would use to possibly defend your life? I hope those that wrote the law send flowers.