PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky donations follow trends

molly_pitcher
02-25-2008, 07:17 AM
Kentucky donations follow trends
MAJOR EXCEPTION IS FUND-RAISING SUCCESS OF RON PAUL

http://www.kentucky.com/news/state/story/327254.html

"Of course, not all of Kentucky's giving trends follow the nation's. Ron Paul, the Texas congressman who has a comparatively small but excited base of support nationally, remains the top-grossing Republican candidate in Kentucky with $128,972."

http://media.kentucky.com/smedia/2008/02/24/10/428-080224KYdonations.embedded.prod_affiliate.79.gif

jmdrake
02-25-2008, 09:04 AM
This is great! Are you in Kentucky? I'm in Tennessee. I'll be in Lexington in March on church business. Is there anything I can do to help?

molly_pitcher
02-25-2008, 12:14 PM
I am in Kentucky. This article gave me hope because I had wondered how many of us in the state were actually rooting for the good doctor, more than I had envisioned!

I will let you know if anything comes up for March!

TheTyke
02-26-2008, 12:49 AM
Cheering news indeed! :) I certainly hope those numbers translate into delegates!

I had fun looking through the FEC report to see how much our factory donated, since it breaks contributions down by place of employment. Hehe...

I'm from the Bardstown Meetup. Our Meetup has been quiet lately, but I'm hoping it will pick up again soon...

molly_pitcher
02-26-2008, 01:39 AM
I'm not far from Bardstown, about an hour. I figured you guys got together with supporters over in E-town. I'm out in the middle of no-where myself.

TheTyke
02-26-2008, 04:43 AM
Ah, did you join our Meetup? I recognized your avatar. :)

We had a couple joint ventures with the E-town group. They are good and enthusiastic people. Bardstown's a sleepy little place, and having 15+ people waving signs sure got some attention and livened the place up! :D We actually get a TON of people honking at us in Bardstown!

Our original organizers went into hibernation and I kind of inherited organizational duties. Based on the advice from HQ, I was trying to shift the focus onto precinct work... but unfortunately I've a phobia of telephones, and this has been hampering my canvassing efforts and information gathering regarding local conventions.

molly_pitcher
02-26-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm going to PM you ~.^