PDA

View Full Version : Should I take this voting deal I made with a friend????

redsrule2500
02-24-2008, 11:32 PM
They vote for Ron Paul in the primary instead of huckabee if I promise to vote for the Republican Presidential Candidate in November.

I'm just worried PAUL will go third party and I can't vote for him if I take this deal.... :eek:

nate895
02-24-2008, 11:33 PM
Do not make that deal. It is bad on both ends, we need Huckabee to win as many delegates as possible from now on in order to have a brokered convention.

redsrule2500
02-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Do not make that deal. It is bad on both ends, we need Huckabee to win as many delegates as possible from now on in order to have a brokered convention.

So, what....are you going to vote for Huckster?

nate895
02-24-2008, 11:37 PM

No, you just don't want to deny him votes.

constitutional
02-24-2008, 11:37 PM
They vote for Ron Paul in the primary instead of huckabee if I promise to vote for the Republican Presidential Candidate in November.

I'm just worried PAUL will go third party and I can't vote for him if I take this deal.... :eek:

Take it and do whatever the hell you want in November. I'd be willing to sacrifice some dignity from Republican party for liberty. :rolleyes:

slacker921
02-24-2008, 11:38 PM
I'd say no way.. odds are much greater that you'd end up voting for McCain in November and that's borderline immoral.

Highstreet
02-24-2008, 11:38 PM
I wouldn't take any "deal".

A. There's no way you can verify anything done in the privacy of the voting booth.

B. If they won't vote for Paul, then you haven't shown them enough of the crap on Huck. It is miles long. There is no way they can vote for him with a clear conscience if they have seen how many times he has changed positions. Or they are one issue voters, or not conservative except in the Social sense. That is the only area that he has not flip flopped. But flip flopping alone should make anyone suspect of his intentions after he is elected.

Highstreet
02-24-2008, 11:39 PM

HQ specifically put out an email calling this mentality the convoluted crap it is. We need to vote for Paul.

Highstreet
02-24-2008, 11:41 PM
I'd say no way.. odds are much greater that you'd end up voting for McCain in November and that's borderline immoral.

Or you could always take the deal, and then vote for whomever you want to in November.

nate895
02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Or you could always take the deal, and then vote for whomever you want to in November.

But that is immoral as well, breaking your word and all.

Highstreet
02-25-2008, 12:33 AM
But that is immoral as well, breaking your word and all.

If you think there isn't a whole slew of immorality going on with votes this election, then we need to do a better job of posting the examples.

My guess is that even if he takes the deal, that his friends will vote for Huck in the voting booth anyway. Anyone who is willing to vote for Huck or McCain is either misinformed or willing to vote for someone who is immoral.

redsrule2500
02-25-2008, 12:46 AM
If you think there isn't a whole slew of immorality going on with votes this election, then we need to do a better job of posting the examples.

My guess is that even if he takes the deal, that his friends will vote for Huck in the voting booth anyway. Anyone who is willing to vote for Huck or McCain is either misinformed or willing to vote for someone who is immoral.

Oh please. Let's not take this too far. People can disagree, that's what is great about this country - and I don't think calling your form of morality the only true way speaks to the message of Dr. Paul and freedom.

qh4dotcom
02-25-2008, 12:54 AM
Your friends should be voting for Ron Paul because they should want more freedom and no IRS, not because your making a deal with them....so no deal.

Highstreet
02-25-2008, 12:59 AM
Oh please. Let's not take this too far. People can disagree, that's what is great about this country - and I don't think calling your form of morality the only true way speaks to the message of Dr. Paul and freedom.

It's not my morality. And yes we can all disagree about the candidates. I was speaking to the lack of morality among the other candidates, their supporters, and tactics.

I am sure these people are different, especially if they are friends of yours. However, I do question those who would suggest such a deal. Especially since they are in essence, asking you to vote for McCain (if Paul doesn't make it).

As I said in my first post, they need more info on McCain and Huck. If they were informed on Huck, they would have a tough time voting for him.