PDA

View Full Version : Read the comments on Georgia taking TN and NC Land...Ga. is a marked state!

Highland
02-24-2008, 10:12 PM
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:nR4a2N4TurMJ:www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2008/02/06/tenn_0206.html+georgia+land+tennessee+north+caroli na&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Read the comments from the article about the Georgians trying to take land from TN and NC! We are pretty fired up about it...I posted the info about NC locally and had a lot of responses...visit that thread

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=123825

Some people really think that radical land re-distribution is ok because Georgia didn't manage their water wisely! I think AL, GA and FL have already made sure that if it goes to the supreme court, Bro. George will make sure the Justices vote to overtake the land! Call your congressman, governor...if it can happen to WNC...it can happen anywhere.

JordanQ72
02-24-2008, 11:02 PM
It'll go through and no one will care, least of all me. We're supposed to be 1 country. You have a state experiencing severe drought, they need help.

Sandra
02-24-2008, 11:08 PM
It'll go through and no one will care, least of all me. We're supposed to be 1 country. You have a state experiencing severe drought, they need help.

Then let them ASK for the water, not forcefully take it. Geogia will never, never learn.

JordanQ72
02-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Then let them ASK for the water, not forcefully take it.

So I guess you're unaware of a court ruling where Georgia isn't allowed to use water inside the state of Georgia, but has to leave it alone so it can go downstream to Alabama and Florida? After nonsense like that, I would try to landgrab a river too.

Hayek's Heroes
02-24-2008, 11:19 PM

We're supposed to be a loose collection of states which have banded together for a common national defense, judicial system, and monetary system. It's GA's problem, not the the rest of the nation.

nate895
02-24-2008, 11:22 PM
We're supposed to be a loose collection of states which have banded together for a common national defense, judicial system, and monetary system. It's GA's problem, not the the rest of the nation.

This is the kind of crap that turns people off to libertarianism, you are going to deny the people of Georgia water, that is just crazy talk. Let Georgia have water, it isn't like North Carolina gonna go into to poorhouse if they lose a couple thousand acres.

JordanQ72
02-24-2008, 11:23 PM
We're supposed to be a loose collection of states

Yes, yes, the 1700s were nice and all, but I like the current set up better. My neighboring states help me, I help my neighbor states. It works out much better than a general "Fuck off, it's your own problem" mentality.

Sandra
02-24-2008, 11:24 PM
It's just a senatorial proposal, I doubt anyone in Georgia would actually try it. Just like New Orleans did during a natural disaster, people would just relocate. It WAS nice while it lasted now move where the water is.

nate895
02-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Yes, yes, the 1700s were nice and all, but I like the current set up better. My neighboring states help me, I help my neighbor states. It works out much better than a general "Fuck off, it's your own problem" mentality.

I like the old setup, but I'm sure under the old setup, Georgia would have been allowed to use their water, instead of sending it to other states.

ZzzImAsleep
02-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I live in Georgia and I think this is kind of cheap of our government to be doing. Yes, the border was supposed to be along the 35th parallel, blah blah.

Georgia is in a tight spot in terms of water because they waited an entire summer to tighten the restrictions on water usage. They waited until two days before our burn ban was going to end to tell us we couldn't use water outdoors. Maybe if they had been cautious and told people to take it easy on the water in May or early June rather than September we wouldn't be in this problem.

Georgia does this kind of crap all the time. According to my dad we had a sever drought back in the early 80's and so Georgia started working on ways to make the state drought free, but then it started raining and the plans to do this were forgotten.

I will say in our defense however that we built lakes to house our water and Alabama and Florida haven't done that.

Lisa S
02-25-2008, 12:18 AM
Didn't the land belong to Ga. originally or something?

AJ Antimony
02-25-2008, 12:23 AM

Actually, letting Georgia tend to her own problems can be a good thing. It gives her an incentive to be self sustaining rather than dependent. For example, on this water problem, if Georgia was told to deal with it on her own, then she would find the technology and innovation to make it work out such as more efficient and cheaper desalinization facilities.

Highland
02-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rancher89 View Post
Of course it doesn't have a direct link to the NAU or NAFTA, that was just a comparison of land grabbing techniques.

All GA has to do is negotiate access to TN NC water, not that we have scads of water here in NC--see above post about wildfires in western NC--

The idea that the NWO is tring to brew trouble between the states is a new slant on their conspiracy to break down our society that I hadn't thought of. It wouldn't surprise me if it were true, but I'm not in the habit of looking for conspiracy every where I look......
That is a very concerning FACT at this point!

Highland
02-25-2008, 10:01 AM
So I guess you're unaware of a court ruling where Georgia isn't allowed to use water inside the state of Georgia, but has to leave it alone so it can go downstream to Alabama and Florida? After nonsense like that, I would try to landgrab a river too.

Just because it was done to you....you shouldn't do it to others...In fact that is Ron Paul's foreign policy "Do Unto others as You would have done unto You!" Ron already dealt with this issue!:)

Libertytree
02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
Having not immersed myself in all the details of this quandry, I'd have to imagine a few things are germane to the issue.

1. How much of this is a political show benefiting the suit and tie guys in the gov?
2. I find it hard to believe that the ordinary citizens wouldn't do what they could do to help out a neighbor. There might come a time when the need for assistance is reversed.
3. There's usually a solution to most problems or at least a compromise that can address the worst effects of a water shortage ie.. not sharing water with Georgia for nice looking lawns but rather true need.

ZzzImAsleep
02-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Didn't the land belong to Ga. originally or something?

From what I understand it did. The northern border was originally on the 35th parallel and for whatever reason the current maps don't reflect/recognize this.

A bit of trivia for everyone......Interstate 75 actually goes north into Tennessee and then drops back down into Georgia before going back up into Tennessee. If they changed the border this wouldn't happen anymore.

I still think it is a cheap land grab in order to get water. I think this has been fought over in the supreme court before so, I guess that is where it will head again.

CountryboyRonPaul
02-25-2008, 02:43 PM
This is the kind of crap that turns people off to libertarianism, you are going to deny the people of Georgia water, that is just crazy talk. Let Georgia have water, it isn't like North Carolina gonna go into to poorhouse if they lose a couple thousand acres.

Diplomacy my friends, NC doesn't have to give up land, it simply can and 99% positively would cooperate with GA to funnel some water to the Atlanta area.

eww did I just say my friends?? :o

http://joebrower.com/PHILE_PILE/PIX/EVIL_PEOPLE/angry_mccain_color.jpg