PDA

View Full Version : Here is a strategy to convince more Republicans to support Ron Paul

Ira Aten
08-15-2007, 11:11 AM
The only way Republicans can win the 2008 General Election for the Presidency of the United States.

Anyone following the debates of the Democrat Party Candidates will no doubt notice that ALL of the Candidates are running against the Bush Administration rather than against any particular Republican Candidate "front runner." You may wonder why since President Bush is not running for re-election, campaign ads and Democrat debate topics all focus mainly upon Bush foreign policy.

The reason for this is that the Democrat Candidates all realize the Bush Administration has earned an approval rating lower than Abraham Lincoln would have obtained if a straw poll had been conducted in Little Rock Arkansas, immediately following the aftermath of the Battle of Pea Ridge.

Bush foreign policy is seen by Democrat voters as a combination of instructions emanating from a close circle of Neo-Conservatives such as Carl Rove, Dick Cheney, and past members of President George H. Bush's Administration.

Democrat Candidates realize that almost ALL Democrat party members view each and every "front runner" in the Republican Party's race for Nomination to be nothing more than the next spokesman for the same policymakers pushing the "war of ideologies" in Iraq. And they are correct.

Although it will most probably be a Hillary/Obama/ ticket, no matter who is nominated for by the Democrats for the general election in 2008, they will continue to run against George Bush during the general election, rather than run against either Guliani, McCain, Huckabee, or Romney. It is very easy to run against a 26 percent approval rating. Almost ANY Democrat nominee will beat one of these "front runners" like a rented mule.

Everyone realizes those Republican "front runners" are simply going to continue the same policy in Iraq. Democrat Candidates realize that not only do Democrat voters view it that way; almost all Independent voters do also.

In fact, many Republicans see the three so-called "front runners" in the same fashion, supporting those "front runners" because they wish fervently to continue the Bush "War of Ideology" thinking it is "the right thing to do." But they don't realize it guarantees another Clinton White House.

Even the "Front runners" themselves are trying to distance themselves now from a policy they have all supported for seven straight years. People are not buying it.

The only way for the Republican Party to win the White House in 2008 is to RUN A CREDIBLE CANDIDATE WITH A LONG HISTORY OF OPPOSITION TO ATTEMPTING TO POLICE THE ENTIRE WORLD, AND WHO OPPOSES ILLEGAL TREATIES SUCH AS NAFTA, AND THE NORTH AMERICAN PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT.

The only guy who can do it with any credibility is Congressman Ron Paul. Eighty Percent of America wants change and if Guliani, or McCain, or Huckabee, or Romney, run against a Hillary/Obama ticket in 2008 each one of them would loose by a HUGE margin. The reason is they will be judged during the election, on a 26 percent approval rating of the Bush Administration.

The only Candidate in the Republican Party who can NOT be saddled with the Bush Administration foreign policy and has the necessary credibility to win the White House in the 2008 general election based on his Congressional voting record, is Congressman Ron Paul.

He opposed the "Bush Policy" of being the World Police Force about thirty years previous to Dick Cheney, Carl Rove, and President George Bush ever conceiving it. And more and more people are finding out about it, despite the "freeze out" of Ron Paul by the major media, and certain factions within the Republican Party itself.

As a Member of the Republican Party for my entire life I believe we better wake up and realize that unless we want another Clinton White House with VAST new powers unconstitutionally enacted by the Bush Administration, we better nominate the only person running in our party who has the capability of appealing to voters in the Republican party, the Democrat Party, and Independents.

He is the only Candidate from EITHER party with a verifiable history of dedication to governing in a manner which is "...in pursuance of" the Constitution of the United States.

Other than Congressman Ron Paul nobody in either field has displayed much of a history thus far doing anything near it. With the exception of Ron Paul, they ALL have sat by quietly while blatantly unconstitutional legislation was allowed to be enacted and entered into the Federal Register without a peep of protest.

Not only is Ron Paul the only hope for the Republican Party in 2008, he is the only hope for our Representative Republic system as set forth in the Constitution of the United States.

If you are a Republican I urge you to do all you can to assist Ron Paul in obtaining the nomination or our Party for President of the United States in 2008.

Thanks for your time.

scrosnoe
08-15-2007, 11:20 AM
excellent letter!

Ira Aten
08-16-2007, 09:16 AM
Thanks, I just snapped to it yesterday really.

Everyone in my County Republican Party I know just loves his integrity, his record in the Congress, and his dedication to the Constitution.

But they have the BAD habit of saying "nobody like him can with the nomination" without realizing that unless we nominate Ron Paul for the Republican Party, Hillary Clinton will DEFINTITELY be President, as Guliani, McCain, or Romney cannot beat her!

Spirit of '76
08-16-2007, 09:55 AM
Great letter, Ira.

Here's something to consider:

Most magazines and newspapers will allow people to purchase advertising space and run letters or 'articles' like this in that space. Usually a reader can't even tell it's not an editorial, apart from some tiny fine print at the bottom that says something like "This is a paid advertisement."

Running letters like this as paid advertisements in local/regional trade publications or newspapers could be a very effective way to reach people.

klamath
08-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Exactly! You presented the situation real well. In the fall general election Clinton wouldn't dare bring up the war against Ron Paul for fear of the having her record on war brought out. She is counting on distancing herself from the war while praying that the republicans nominate a prowar candidate. If she wins, its back to war. Politicians count on the American people's short memory in politics.

Ira Aten
08-17-2007, 12:42 PM
Well it is long, as I am an admitted windbag. I am trying to get a lot of points across and am having a tough time making it concise.

I am going to try to make it more concise, and pare it down to about 350 words if possible, and see if my local paper will take it as a letter to the editor in a different sort of style. I would run an ad, except I am pretty financially strapped.
(By the way, thanks George, I appreciate the hell out of NAFTA) :)

Anyone who wants to use it is free to do so, in full, in part, or whatever if you want to use it for letters to editor, or any purpose.

I think I will even be presumptuous enought to send something to the RP campaign fax number, or e-mail address in hopes some of the decision makers will see it and possibly consider the PREMISE of this type of strategy for the Texas Straw Poll on Sept. 1. in Fort Worth.

Anyway, I got to thinking, imagine how SPOOKY it will be for Republicans who recall the former Clinton White House simply ordering over 500 FBI files (of political rivals) to be delivered to them by order of Mr. David Livingston, (Security Cheif and former Bar Bouncer) when the NEWEST Clinton Administration gains the unprescedented spying powers the Bush Administration is HANDING TO THEM AS THEY WALK OUT THE DOOR!

Nothing should scare the wits out of a far right neo-con republican (or any church group member in the entire United States for that matter) than imagining the "good old days" when we had a Janet Reno Justice Dept. in charge of "law enforcement."

Imagine now, a Janet Reno type Justice Department complete with even MORE wiretapping and black bag operationial powers than they had in the first "Go-Round." If you think Gonzales is bad now, just wait till the Clintons get back into power with it.

No need for phonying up a charge in order to obtain a warrant to go grab a kid from his family at gunpoint, and ship his little ass back to good old Communist Cuba.

No need to ask for warrants to wiretap people who are accused by a cabinet member of being an impediment to "policy."
Wow.
Think about how fun it will be to be for all the F.O.B.s with that little bag of intimidation.

A Republican couldn't win a local J.P office, in their own primary eletions once Bill and Hillary get back in. Anyone know what Janet Reno is up to these days?:)

Shatterhand
08-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Nice letter. ;)

Revolution9
08-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Well it is long, as I am an admitted windbag. I am trying to get a lot of points across and am having a tough time making it concise.<snipped for brevity>

hehe.. Welcome to the Windbags for Ron Club:D

Great letter Ira.. I was thinking of trying to correlate the strategy in a similar manner. The Republican Party will lose the greatest chance in its history to redeem itself after the pyroclastic clouds of doom the Bush regime has wrought with their complicity.

Best
Randy