PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Rifle Clubs?

carbonpenguin
02-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Hey all,
I was considering how important it is as an American citizen to actively exercise the 2nd Amendment, and how many of us who have come to the Ron Paul movement over the last year are neophytes to such things. Therefore, I was thinking it might be a cool idea to, in the spirit of the decentralized Meetup nature of the movement, create a loose network of groups of 2nd Amendment loving Ron Paul enthusiasts. It could even be done through Meetup.com or another social networking program, and would be a great way for inexperienced members to learn how to shoot, pick a gun, etc. from more experienced members, to keep in touch with people we've come to know and work with in the past year, and have excuses for regular get-togethers in the form of going out shooting. This is just a general outline of an idea; I'd love to hear what people think of this and/or what suggestions they might have to make it better.
Peace!

Primbs
02-24-2008, 09:06 PM
There are some high school gun clubs that could use sponsorship. Sounds like a good idea.

yongrel
02-24-2008, 09:11 PM
I'd join.

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Careful, before too long we'll be considered one of these Constitution quoting pro-Patriot militia groups or something and subject to the homegrown terrorism laws...

Oh, too late.

Doktor_Jeep
02-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Careful, before too long we'll be considered one of these Constitution quoting pro-Patriot militia groups or something and subject to the homegrown terrorism laws...

Oh, too late.

Oh great now I can't sleep anymore.

Gideon
02-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Hey all,
I was considering how important it is as an American citizen to actively exercise the 2nd Amendment, and how many of us who have come to the Ron Paul movement over the last year are neophytes to such things. Therefore, I was thinking it might be a cool idea to, in the spirit of the decentralized Meetup nature of the movement, create a loose network of groups of 2nd Amendment loving Ron Paul enthusiasts. It could even be done through Meetup.com or another social networking program, and would be a great way for inexperienced members to learn how to shoot, pick a gun, etc. from more experienced members, to keep in touch with people we've come to know and work with in the past year, and have excuses for regular get-togethers in the form of going out shooting. This is just a general outline of an idea; I'd love to hear what people think of this and/or what suggestions they might have to make it better.
Peace!

I actually have been tinkering with a similar idea which I am calling "Ron Paul's Rifles."

As one of my fellow militia members frequently reminds me, some individuals are brilliant and honorable leaders and statesmen, while the remainder of We the People is better suited to train and engage in the military arts.

The BoR Article 2 militia has the duty to protect our candidate (and arguably ALL of them) as Ron Paul continues his tireless pursuit to maintain the individual rights of We the People.

So, while others of us may be well versed in the administrative, organizational and marketing aspects for the RP Revolution, the rest of us will need to get back to basics and learn how tote a rifle, and pull a mission or two.

If you want to create or find a local militia with which to begin training in your Article 2 responsibilities, I highly recommend that you visit AWRM. (http://www.awrm.org)

Much of the leg work has already been accomplished, documented, and refined for you, so rather than re-invent the wheel please visit and immediately begin to assimilate militia preparation and mindset.