PDA

View Full Version : Free State Project starting in SOUTH CAROLINA!

FrankRep
02-24-2008, 08:25 PM
http://www.christianexodus.org/

Christian Exodus - South Carolina

ChristianExodus.org is moving thousands of Christians to South Carolina to reestablish constitutionally limited government founded upon Christian principles. It is evident that the U.S. Constitution has been abandoned under our current federal system, and the efforts of Christian activism to restore our Godly republic have proven futile over the past three decades. The time has come for Christian Constitutionalists to protect our liberties in a State like South Carolina by interposing the State's sovereign authority retained under the 10th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

The foundations of the United States of America were laid upon these principles, that the rights of man are God-given and inviolate, that the sole purpose of government is to secure these rights, and that the only just powers of government are those specifically delegated by the people. The federal government is restrained by Constitutional Law, the Sovereign States, and the Citizens of those States, each one made in the image of God, with individual rights to life, liberty, and property.

Christian Exodus Video Episode 1: The Vision
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2483748046912340746&q=Christian+Exodus&total=273&start=10&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=9

Paul4Prez
02-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Montana and Wyoming have free-state-type projects going, too. Free State Wyoming is pretty well organized, but under the radar. The Montana effort is even further below the radar, but I take Ron Paul's 25% there and his strong showing in the Missoula area as evidence that something is going on.

And of course New Hampshire is the original Free State Project. Just think if they had had 20,000 activists there in advance of this year's primary to help Ron Paul....

conqst3
02-25-2008, 01:07 AM
Montana and Wyoming have free-state-type projects going, too. Free State Wyoming is pretty well organized, but under the radar. The Montana effort is even further below the radar, but I take Ron Paul's 25% there and his strong showing in the Missoula area as evidence that something is going on.

And of course New Hampshire is the original Free State Project. Just think if they had had 20,000 activists there in advance of this year's primary to help Ron Paul....

yeah the free state wyoming is so well organized, that roughly 3 people have moved there;)

Montana is so far below the radar that no one has moved there :D actually I know of one person has left Montana from Missoula to go to New Hampshire. So the Montana project is at -1

robmpreston
02-25-2008, 02:24 AM
Great, a movement that focuses on Christians rather than any freedom lovers. Terrible.

hyoomen
02-25-2008, 03:30 AM
Any movement that focuses on reverting to a strong State's Rights Republic with the opportunity to demonstrate the efficacy of 'competitive interests' between the states is a win. While I wouldn't exactly be moving there tomorrow, I wish the people in the project all of the liberty they can restore for themselves.

BTW, while I do not personally subscribe to the view, many 'freedom lovers' and 'limited government supporters' are such specifically because they do not think the government has a right to supercede the laws of their god. This was as true for our Founding Fathers as it is now. The fact that there are at least two sides of our coin of freedom is all the more reason to keep on rolling onward for the ability to live as a loose confederation of sovereign states and Peoples.

Razmear
02-25-2008, 04:14 AM
As a Pagan living in SC these guys frankly scare the shit out of me.
If you read their platform they state that folks who do not agree with their Christian ideals should leave the state once they take over and leave the Union.
Not all "free state" movements are positive, these guys are a bit on the fascist side of the so called 'freedom movement'

eb

edit to add quote from their site:

If a religious minority does not like the decisions made by the majority, they may either relocate to another community or attempt to change the minds of the electorate and become the majority.

http://www.christianexodus.org/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=4#20

literatim
02-25-2008, 06:31 AM
As a Pagan living in SC these guys frankly scare the shit out of me.

If you read their platform they state that folks who do not agree with their Christian ideals should leave the state once they take over and leave the Union.
Not all "free state" movements are positive, these guys are a bit on the fascist side of the so called 'freedom movement'

How is that different than Christians living in a State where atheistic and liberally minded people dominate such as California? I would generally recommend anyone not liking California, to leave California for greener pastures.

If a religious minority does not like the decisions made by the majority, they may either relocate to another community or attempt to change the minds of the electorate and become the majority.

Something similar can be said with any form of majority-minority relationship in a democracy or republic.

FrankRep
02-25-2008, 07:24 AM

The people moving into South Carolina are relocating so to speak so they are practicing what they are preaching.

One could always create a constitutional pagan state, ya know.

Razmear
02-25-2008, 08:25 AM
The people moving into South Carolina are relocating so to speak so they are practicing what they are preaching.

One could always create a constitutional pagan state, ya know.

But Pagans (capitol P) have no desire to convert others to our belief system unlike Christians who for some reason think it is their duty to convert others to their system of beliefs. We will always be the minority and I'm fine with that so long as no one tries to convert me, or burn me at the stake.

How do you feel about their position on gays?

ChristianExodus.org recognizes that homosexuality is an unhealthy, unsafe, detrimental behavior that affects all citizens in a community, not just the participants. Additionally, sexual conduct outside the bonds of marriage is not a God-given right. Therefore, homosexual activity is a behavior that a state may regulate and legislate against.

These guys are not about freedom, they are about setting up their own little Taliban styled state within the US, and I really don't want them moving into my neck of the woods.

eb

FrankRep
02-25-2008, 08:33 AM
But Pagans (capitol P) have no desire to convert others to our belief system unlike Christians who for some reason think it is their duty to convert others to their system of beliefs. We will always be the minority and I'm fine with that so long as no one tries to convert me, or burn me at the stake.

How do you feel about their position on gays?

These guys are not about freedom, they are about setting up their own little Taliban styled state within the US, and I really don't want them moving into my neck of the woods.

eb

It is completely Constitutional for a group like the Christian Exodus to exist and build a Christian state. It is your Constitutional right to disagree with them.

pinkmandy
02-25-2008, 08:51 AM
It is completely Constitutional for a group like the Christian Exodus to exist and build a Christian state. It is your Constitutional right to disagree with them.

I agree. I think it's great! I'll be in NH. :D

Ethek
02-25-2008, 09:11 AM
Christian but fascist? I think they mis that all their efforts would be doomed to failure in such an environment. The bible deems free will as one of the most important things in a Christian society. Teach by example, not coercion

FrankRep
02-25-2008, 09:18 AM
The idea of similar minded people moving together does make sense because: MAJORITY RULES.

Razmear
02-25-2008, 09:23 AM
The idea of similar minded people moving together does make sense because: MAJORITY RULES.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759"

FSP-Rebel
02-25-2008, 10:12 AM
I agree. I think it's great! I'll be in NH. :D
Me too:cool:

Libertytree
02-25-2008, 10:25 AM
What they're attempting to do in SC is not that unlike what we, RPR's, envision doing on a national level.

sratiug
02-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Christian Fascism sucks. That's very different than the Ron Paul Revolution, IMO.

FrankRep
02-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Christian Fascism sucks. That's very different than the Ron Paul Revolution, IMO.

How is this fascism?

BuddyRey
02-25-2008, 10:50 AM
I'm one Christian who would much rather hang out with the folks up in NH.

Government power should NOT extend to protecting me from people and behaviors I don't like. And anybody who really thinks that it does has been, in my opinion, interpreting the Constitution fairly loosely.

Remember, a government powerful enough to give you everything is powerful enough to take it all away.

porcupine
02-25-2008, 10:38 PM
There are many copy cats, but none are doing as well and having as much success and continued growth as the original Free State Project. The amount of activism is astounding. All the new alternative media, the 2 dozen free staters elected to local offices, and just the dissemination of information (for instance, about FIJA) is already making a big difference.

As more and more happens, I see more people moving...the snowball is forming and rolling down the hill.