PDA

View Full Version : Congressional Hearings on Steroid Abuse in Major League Baseball

CountryboyRonPaul
02-24-2008, 06:07 PM
Seriously... What on Earth is Congress doing wasting time holding hearings on sports stars taking drugs? Are they that out of touch? :mad:

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/uscongress/a/steroids.htm

EvilEngineer
02-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Pretty much... they really don't understand how wide spread steroid usage is. It's not that other major league players of EVERY sport aren't taking them.... they just haven't been caught yet. The sad thing is that there has been a squeeze on the supply as of late, and these guys are having to switch from a safer human-growth-hormone to animal grade.

Frankly I say let the major league players have as much as they want... sports are boring enough as is if they are only up to human potential. I'd pay more to see hyped up freaks smashing records... or each other.

seapilot
02-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Seriously... What on Earth is Congress doing wasting time holding hearings on sports stars taking drugs? Are they that out of touch? :mad:

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/uscongress/a/steroids.htm

Out of touch is an understatement. They feel like they are doing something important by harassing prosports players when its none of thier D*** business.

The crazy thing is , anabolic steriods is not classified as an addictive drug. There were hearings about this in the 80s after some olympic atheletes got caught using them(they were banned and stripped of titles won by the olympic committee.) Even the DEA testified to NOT list steriods as a harmful addictive drug.

adara7537
02-24-2008, 06:23 PM
I was wondering the same thing myself. It's ridiculous.

Ranger29860
02-24-2008, 06:31 PM
I always wonder why they are doing it can they even do anything to those athletes arnt the teams owned by private individduals so its a private buisness?

The One
02-24-2008, 06:34 PM
I'd rather congress be wasting time on stupid shit like this or not even be in session at all for that matter. It's better than having them writing more laws, establishing new regulations, supporting more war, and creating new taxes.

CountryboyRonPaul
02-24-2008, 06:40 PM
I'd rather congress be wasting time on stupid shit like this or not even be in session at all for that matter. It's better than having them writing more laws, establishing new regulations, supporting more war, and creating new taxes.

Good Point

Kludge
02-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Frankly I say let the major league players have as much as they want... sports are boring enough as is if they are only up to human potential. I'd pay more to see hyped up freaks smashing records... or each other.

That's what I imagine utopian-America like.