PDA

View Full Version : Wow, I can't believe how harassed Ron Paul was

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 03:33 PM
He sounds mad at points in this vid too because just listen to those other people. They are confused, collectivist, racist, and stuck-up jerks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHB2I83_N_k

Now I know what he means when he says he was surprised about the movement. Freedom wasn't always so popular!

Expatriate
02-24-2008, 03:41 PM
Thankfully the advent of the Internet has made it easier for average people to get their information from somewhere else than the TV and newspapers... What you are seeing in that video is a bunch of people whose sole source of relevant knowledge is the nefarious "information cartels"

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 03:45 PM
What's that long skinny white thing that looks like it's on fire that the host is holding in his hand?

Oh for the good old days when smoking on TV was still allowed.

edit: oh the irony of Morton saying Ron Paul wants to snort cocaine in the Oval Office while he's puffing on a cigarette himself!

ClayTrainor
02-24-2008, 03:45 PM
wow i've never seent his full version before.

This is amazing, ron paul gets so fucking mad at these retards. They are all sheep just following the herd... it makes me so mad.

Bruno
02-24-2008, 03:50 PM
I saw these awhile back and actually remember seeing them for the first time back in 1988 when they were originally aired. I agreed with his positions then, and am glad to see that he continued his fight for freedom bringing us to where we are today.

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 03:51 PM
You know this could be why he's not so anxious to run as a Libertarian again...

Look how he was treated last time :eek:

LEK
02-24-2008, 04:00 PM
What's that long skinny white thing that looks like it's on fire that the host is holding in his hand?

edit: oh the irony of Morton saying Ron Paul wants to snort cocaine in the Oval Office while he's puffing on a cigarette himself!

You have to realize too that the Morton Downey show was the equivalent of today's Jerry Springer (with less empahsis on s*x).

So, that's what your audience is like...

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 04:06 PM
You have to realize too that the Morton Downey show was the equivalent of today's Jerry Springer (with less empahsis on s*x).

So, that's what your audience is like...

Well as I've never watched Morton Downey or Jerry Springer I really don't know anything about them except what I hear about them.

They pretty much cater to the lowest-common denominator as far as taste and IQ goes don't they?

Sort of like professional wrestling without the athleticism?

I mean I know wrestling is fake, but even the fake stuff they do they have to be in pretty great shape to take and not get killed.

randolphus maximus
02-24-2008, 04:08 PM
I saw these awhile back and actually remember seeing them for the first time back in 1988 when they were originally aired. I agreed with his positions then, and am glad to see that he continued his fight for freedom bringing us to where we are today.

How funny, I remember watching that show as a kid (it used to be on late at night). I'm glad Dr. Paul hasn't changed in 20 years!

Unspun
02-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Ironically, Morton died of lung cancer due to smoking just like Ron Paul predicted. The diagnosies was spot on.

Mordan
02-24-2008, 04:40 PM

priceless :)

NinjaPirate
02-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Someone one FaceBook said they asked Ron about that and he said that he didn't ever want to watch that again and was surprised it resurfaced. He also allegedly said that the producers coached him into acting angry on the show because it looks good on TV.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=452345&postcount=13

Jodi
02-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Totally loved that!!! I would like to see that fire in him again, it was great.

nbhadja
02-24-2008, 05:03 PM
That uneducated slut talking needs to stfu.

TastyWheat
02-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Jeez. The 80s really did suck.

Lois
02-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Wow, that is so depressing. Poor Dr. Paul has never got any respect. How he has kept on fighting all these years is beyond me. I feel beat up just following the campaign over the internet -- I don't know he does it - he's a true hero. I feel like crying. :(

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Wow, talk about a hit job. I can see why Fox and the others are somewhat more subtle than the angry mob that attacked Ron Paul on this show. I imagine years of that blowhard Mort burned the American people out by the early '90s for that breed of trash attacks.

One thing's certainly consistent though: Ron Paul has a heart of gold and an iron will. It's just amazing that he hasn't turned sour or clammed up after decades of attacks ranging from censure to personal jeers.

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow, that is so depressing. Poor Dr. Paul has never got any respect. How he has kept on fighting all these years is beyond me. I feel beat up just following the campaign over the internet -- I don't know he does it - he's a true hero. I feel like crying. :(

Which is why none of us need to even think about giving up on this.

Imagine how happy Ron Paul must be to know that, in his Golden years, he has finally gotten such a large number of people to wake up to his message and begin to take action independently of him!

This is why he doesn't seem to be providing the leadership that so many people are demanding, because he knows he isn't the leader we've been waiting for.

Oh he is a leader, and has played a crucial role in our rEVOLution, but his has always been a more educational and advisory role. He simply isn't a charismatic made-for-TV leader like Reagan was.

But now he has energized those of us who care about our Constitution and it's proper role as the supreme law of our Government, and it is up to us to find our new leaders, younger leaders, to carry on the struggle that Ron Paul has fought for lo these many lonely years.

That is why he isn't giving up on the Republican Party, because he knows first-hand the futility of a third-party run. We have to take back control of the GOP, and then wrest control of the Ship of State from the collectivists.

But even then our job will not be finished, indeed it will never be done. For the price of liberty is eternal vigilance, and each generation must work to preserve the freedoms we have come to take for granted in this Country.

Sentient Void
02-24-2008, 09:45 PM
Wow. I watched all three parts of that episode through youtube, and I can't believe they allowed shit like this on TV. Wait a second... yes I can.

I am so disgusted by that video. It's amazing how Ron Paul just detsroys them all with sheer logic and reason. Meanwhile, they resort to meaningless personal attacks. Ugh, I think I'm going to throw up...

Ron Paul is so evolved past these apes.

I think even APES are evolved past these douchebags.

Reponere
02-24-2008, 09:57 PM
Good God! That looks like a scene right out of Idiocracy, with Paul being the only sane man alive. They attack his ideas by mocking him on a personal level.

As these days pass by, and as I digg into our past, I feel more and more ASHAMED to be an American.

nullvalu
02-24-2008, 10:17 PM
"Why don't they put you on a diet, you're a little overweight" LOLZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88REf0tjZHo&feature=related

Nate SY
02-24-2008, 10:29 PM
God... Morton and that women were so closed minded. And such assholes...

Sometimes I can't believe Ron Paul has really been able to put up with stuff like this for so long.

kathy88
02-25-2008, 09:05 AM

I heard recently that they are considering giving ANY movie where someone is seen smoking a cigarette an R rating.....

Grandson of Liberty
02-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Jeez. The 80s really did suck.

Bite your tongue! The 80s were the glory days!