PDA

View Full Version : When did you first realize you were interested in politics?

Agent CSL
02-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Back when I was in 4th or 5th grade my mom got me some free big world map posters from Staples. After putting up the posters, which were huge and took up half my wall, I'd go around putting push pins in the places I wanted to rule. Red push pins for bombs and blue/green for alliances.

Then when I started playing online games I created a clan. It lasted for 3 years and it was the only clan at the time to be led by poll elections (we elected leaders, co-leaders and war generals). Then near the end there it became a dictatorship with people grabbing for power so it destroyed itself. Damn online games.

:o

Then I got involved in REAL politics and here I am. Barely 18 and a county delegate. :p

You?

satchelmcqueen
02-24-2008, 02:42 PM
1992 when i heard perot speaking on tv. then huge in 07 when i first heard ron paul on youtube.

nate895
02-24-2008, 02:43 PM
I've been interested since I asked my mom when I was about six why all the people on the news were liberal, not even knowing what that meant, I even polled my third grade class who they wanted to win in 2000. 15 Bush, 4 Gore, and 1 Nader.

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Back when I was in 4th or 5th grade my mom got me some free big world map posters from Staples. After putting up the posters, which were huge and took up half my wall, I'd go around putting push pins in the places I wanted to rule. Red push pins for bombs and blue/green for alliances.

Then when I started playing online games I created a clan. It lasted for 3 years and it was the only clan at the time to be led by poll elections (we elected leaders, co-leaders and war generals). Then near the end there it became a dictatorship with people grabbing for power so it destroyed itself. Damn online games.

:o

Then I got involved in REAL politics and here I am. Barely 18 and a county delegate. :p

You?

Keep yourself clean and out of trouble and you could have a bright future ahead of you.

I might have been interested in politics at 18 (I voted at least) but I was more interested in things that made me want to stay out of the limelight.

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and rock-and-roll?

Now I'm married, mundane, and loud music hurts my ears :(

clouds
02-24-2008, 11:48 PM
i got interested around the 2004 elections

Kotin
02-25-2008, 12:07 AM
2000 actually.

me and my father were very jewish gore supporters..

after and during 2000 i watched the news everyday, its funny cause i first started on the o'reaily factor.. then glen beck, then the internet.. haha

i am in central texas at a private christian school and everyone hated and argued at me when i went for john kerry in 2004 , and i actually chose him cause i thought he was good, but i was very liberal cause i didnt understand conservatism because GW messed it up.

in early 2007 i was a hardcore Joe Biden supporter. though i departed from him in november and joined the Revolution. my father is a staunch Hillary supporter haha, but he is supporting paul in our TX primary.

Time for Change
02-25-2008, 04:46 AM
I got interested when the elections were handed to the absolute most ignorant person in the united states.
"How can a person so obviously retarded be elected president?"
Then the following election cycle, astonished that the dumbshit actually "Won" again...

Then, in late 2007, I saw Ron Paul's videos...
I became an active researcher, I discuss the information I find and verify.
I spark group debate and watch it unfold.
I challenge the ideas of locals and let their answers spark their own interest (every time)

I stay low key, wary of everyone that comes near me, and have had enough of the apathetic "It does not matter" mindset that is on us like a killer plague.

What got me started?
The gross realization: If this country continues to be led by people who are self serving spendaholics who give zero consideration for the future of our kids, we are doomed to become the third world and likely the home of the rise of the antichrist.
(I am NOT a bible banger or a radical christian activist, but I do know a little about the bible and prophesy. )
The detention camps, the real ID and many other factors have me thinking I may not be too far off...I hope I am wrong!

amy31416
02-25-2008, 05:23 AM
When I was 10 years old and lived in Africa while apartheid was in full-swing.

nodope0695
02-25-2008, 06:25 AM
When I got tired of being fucked over by politicians:D

mtmedlin
02-25-2008, 07:19 AM
When I was 7 and shook President Reagans hand.

Zarxrax
02-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Back when I was in high school, I heard the "Neal Boortz" show on the radio. I thought it was amusing how he didn't show any respect to the callers, and it was fun to hear him rip on Bill Clinton. That's when I learned politics could be fun :)