PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Nader Announces Presidential Bid

Fox McCloud
02-24-2008, 02:36 PM
I can't post the exact article, for Copyright reasons, but here's the link:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23319781

Hear that? It's the sound of millions of screaming Democrats. *Chuckles* Ahh well, I'm really not surprised, at all by this.

I'm still waiting for Bloomberg to make an announcement.

Kludge
02-24-2008, 06:42 PM
C'mon Fox, all the cool kids are into civil disobedience...

"WASHINGTON - Ralph Nader is launching a third-party campaign for president. The consumer advocate made the announcement Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press." He says most Americans are disenchanted with the Democratic and Republican parties, and that none of the presidential contenders are addressing ways to stem corporate crime and Pentagon waste and promote labor rights.

Last month, Nader began an exploratory presidential campaign and launched a Web site that promises to fight "corporate greed, corporate power, corporate control."

Nader's appearance on "Meet the Press" was announced Friday in an e-mail message from Nader's exploratory campaign. The message from "The Nader Team" urges supporters to tell friends and family to watch the show and requests online contributions.

"As you know, we've been exploring the possibilities in recent weeks," the message said.
Nader also ran as a third-party candidate in the 2000 and 2004 presidential elections. He is still loathed by many Democrats who call him a spoiler and claim his candidacy in 2000 cost Democrats the election by siphoning votes away from Al Gore in a razor-thin contest in Florida.

Nader has vociferously disputed the spoiler claim, saying only Democrats are to blame for losing the race to George W. Bush."

Though he won 2.7 percent of the national vote as the Green Party candidate in 2000, Nader won just 0.3 percent as an independent in 2004, when he appeared on the ballot in only 34 states.

Nader was forced to fight dozens of court battles over ballot access in 2004, as Democrats pressed legal challenges over whether he gained enough legitimate signatures to get his name on the ballot."

cv6nick
02-24-2008, 06:57 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination. I am most definitely going to vote for Nader.

Lois
02-24-2008, 07:07 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomnation, I am definitely going to Write Him In.

jankyflava
02-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I think Ron is great, but Ralph has promised to run for president.... Ron has only promised to run for a presidential hopeful :(

constitutional
02-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I think Ron is great, but Ralph has promised to run for president.... Ron has only promised to run for a presidential hopeful :(

Party loyalty does get you somewhere in accomplishing your own goals.

jankyflava
02-25-2008, 12:20 AM
But you understand my point? Besides, party loyalty gets you McCain? Not me, not in 100 years or better yet a million years....