PDA

View Full Version : Idea for the march (about flags)

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 02:29 PM
I think we should have somebody from each state bring their state flag. At the front we can have the American flag and all of the state flags behind. What do you think? :)

I this it would look pretty cool

Primbs
02-24-2008, 02:31 PM
It would look cool.

berrybunches
02-24-2008, 02:34 PM
good idea. I think having a lot of flags will show that we aren't some anti-American counter culture movement.
I feel one feel more close to the flag and this country than ever after finding this amazing movement.

LandonCook
02-24-2008, 02:48 PM
I will bring mine. We need the POW flag as well.

pinkmandy
02-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Nice! Bump!

Michael Ingram
02-24-2008, 03:03 PM
I agree the more American flags there are, the more people will accept the march

Thomas Paine
02-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Up with the Jolly Rogers!!!

Ex Post Facto
02-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Flags will be crucial if ever martial law is declared. Understand that our flag will fly in all protests. No country minded person would dare harm one of it's own that marches in peace carrying a flag. The powers that be would not be able to justify this.

SirFelix
02-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Decorate you vehicle with flags for when you drive to the Freedom March.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcBaOgEY-Hk

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 03:47 PM
bump

Agent CSL
02-24-2008, 04:12 PM
Seconded. I really like this idea.

CJLauderdale4
02-24-2008, 04:35 PM
My dad may bring his Gonzales, Texas' COME AND TAKE IT! flag, as well as a lone-star...
I'm thinking of the Gadsden DON'T TREAD ON ME flag...

Jeremy
02-25-2008, 03:23 PM
bump :D

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 03:30 PM
This is nice but undersized U.S. flags and oversized state flags are a bad mix. Don't think it's absolutely necessary, but it would be ideal if we put a minimum size on the U.S. flags and make that the maximum size for state flags. Likewise staff lengths--protocol would place the U.S. flags highest.

Don't think it would be a big deal to have some smaller U.S. flags, but if we put together something special in the vanguard that would be the rule we would want to follow if possible. In any case, we should say no huge state flags unless we plan to have an even bigger Stars and Stripes in the lead. It would also be courteous to each state to have their flags be similar in size and stature.

Jeremy
02-25-2008, 03:36 PM
This is nice but undersized U.S. flags and oversized state flags are a bad mix. Don't think it's absolutely necessary, but it would be ideal if we put a minimum size on the U.S. flags and make that the maximum size for state flags. Likewise staff lengths--protocol would place the U.S. flags highest.

Don't think it would be a big deal to have some smaller U.S. flags, but if we put together something special in the vanguard that would be the rule we would want to follow if possible. In any case, we should say no huge state flags unless we plan to have an even bigger Stars and Stripes in the lead. It would also be courteous to each state to have their flags be similar in size and stature.

That's a good point. I think there should be some organization for this if it is to happen. We also need to wonder about the flag poles, because they may be too hard to transport (can't bring a huge pole on a train or a plane, lol).

So maybe we should have someone with a bunch of poles and stuff there, waiting.