PDA

View Full Version : Impeachment Why is it not moving forward?

Working Poor
02-24-2008, 01:35 PM
It seems that many people are for the impeachment of Bush/Cheney. I know that Kusinich has introduced a bill and I am sure that many Americans have petitioned and written their Representatives asking that they impeach so why is it not getting done?

I need feedback please respond to this.

familydog
02-24-2008, 01:40 PM
It's not politically feasable.

Ex Post Facto
02-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I have no idea. I voted Democrat last election just to stop the lies. I think America has been duped to believe any of these people represent us.

Truth Warrior
02-24-2008, 01:43 PM
Ralph Nader asks and wants to know why not also.

Working Poor
02-24-2008, 01:44 PM
man these answers may be correct but, I am having difficulty accepting them. Don't the people have any interest in knowing why this is not boiling over on the front burner?

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 01:47 PM
The majority of Democrats are as pro-war as is Bush and the neocons.

Why should they impeach him when it is so much easier to use him as a scapegoat so they won't be too closely watched themselves?

pinkmandy
02-24-2008, 01:51 PM
The majority of Democrats are as pro-war as is Bush and the neocons.

Why should they impeach him when it is so much easier to use him as a scapegoat so they won't be too closely watched themselves?

^^^^^^^

Working Poor
02-24-2008, 01:52 PM
I have asked this before but, again, where is the outrage?

cageybee
02-24-2008, 02:06 PM
national security

zadrock
02-24-2008, 02:14 PM
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/18349197/the_chicken_doves

This article doesn't address impeachment directly - it's focused more on the Dems' failure to end the war - but I think the rationale behind both of these things not happening (impeachment proceedings, ending the war) are the same. Strange that "Rolling Stone" is the magazine to bring us some truth. Or maybe not strange at all...

Z

Primbs
02-24-2008, 02:29 PM
The Dems don't want to get rid of Bush, just to have Cheney pick a new vice president and elevate a new Republican contender. The dynamics are similiar to the Clinton impeachment.

Plus you have to have some clear cut legal violations to prosecute Bush on.

The Republicans didn't want to impeach and especially convict Bill Clinton, only to promote Al Gore to President where he would go on to win the 2000 election as an incumbent President.

Working Poor
02-24-2008, 02:57 PM
I thought the impeachment proceedings started with getting rid of Cheney first?

Banana
02-24-2008, 03:00 PM
The more pressing question should be, "Why now?"

I think the boat for impeachment has sailed two years ago. Bush is lame duck, so at best, it is a "message"....

Ex Post Facto
02-24-2008, 03:04 PM
I am outraged, status has put the rule of law on the back-burner. When have you ever heard of a citizen do a crime, and have all the evidence present for prosecution, not be charged with the crime?

Working Poor
02-24-2008, 03:10 PM
The more pressing question should be, "Why now?"

I think now would be a great time because they need to be stopped, they ought to be held accountable, and it might change the election results for the better.

Mach
02-24-2008, 03:30 PM
I've said this before.........

Republicans and Democrats travel on different paths, but.................. they have the same destination!

They just "stir the kettle" to keep the people divided........... divide and conquer.

Go up a step above the Reps and Dems..... who do you see that pulls their strings? The same people.

Blow that off if you like, then tell me how there is never any real change that actually benefits "the people".......... and I'm not talking about surface change, I'm talking about long term, conclusive, beneficial, freedom change.

Think of all the crap Politicians have spit out in the last decade and look where we are now, further back in line than we've ever been......... they sell us on our fairytales that we want to believe in the first place and then they do as they please............................................ ....... and it just keeps on going and going and going. Politicians for the most part are traitors.

Zolah
02-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Plus you have to have some clear cut legal violations to prosecute Bush on.

Straight from that there them Nurnberg Trials:

1. Participation in a common plan or conspiracy for the accomplishment of crime against peace
2. War crimes
3. Crimes against humanity
4. Planning, initiating and waging wars of aggression and other crimes against peace

War crimes are defined in the statute that established the International Criminal Court, which includes:

(I)Grave breaches of the Geneva Conventions, such as:
1. Willful killing, or causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health
2. Torture or inhumane treatment
3. Unlawful wanton destruction or appropriation of property
4. Forcing a prisoner of war to serve in the forces of a hostile power
5. Depriving a prisoner of war of a fair trial
6. Unlawful deportation, confinement or transfer
7. Taking hostages

(II)The following acts as part of an international conflict:
1. Directing attacks against civilians
2. Directing attacks against humanitarian workers or UN peacekeepers
3. Killing a surrendered combatant
4. Misusing a flag of truce
5. Settlement of occupied territory
6. Deportation of inhabitants of occupied territory
7. Using poison weapons
8. Using civilians as shields
9. Using child soldiers

(III)The following acts as part of a non-international conflict:
1. Murder, cruel or degrading treatment and torture
2. Directing attacks against civilians, humanitarian workers or UN peacekeepers
3. Taking hostages
4. Summary execution
5. Pillage
6. Rape, sexual slavery, forced prostitution or forced pregnancy

Try and find the war crimes America HASN'T committed under the Bush regime

fedup100
02-24-2008, 04:02 PM
The answer is simple people, they are all in it together. Do you think the NAU and world gov is just a republican thing. Come on, wise up.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-24-2008, 04:23 PM
It seems that many people are for the impeachment of Bush/Cheney. I know that Kusinich has introduced a bill and I am sure that many Americans have petitioned and written their Representatives asking that they impeach so why is it not getting done?

I need feedback please respond to this.

Nothing is being done because leaders such as Bush and Chaney become unimpeachable during times of legal tyranny. During legal tyrannies, the civil purpose of the Constitution takes a back seat to legal chaos. Nowadays we think of Presidents as human beings rather than as elected officials whose treacherous acts as the administration of the U.S. government endangers the sanctity of the Constitution.
But we really can't blame just Bush and Cheney because that would be irresponsible. We are the culprits afterall in that we are going through a cycle right now where our interpretation of the Constitution is from a legal point of view. Either we belong to the 51% of the Conservatives who blame all our problems on the other 49% of the liberals or we are the 51% of the liberals who blame the conservatives. What is lost in all this legal irresponsibility is the civil purpose designed into our Constitution by our forefathers. This civil purpose deals with our civil contentment as Americans. We reestablish this civil purpose just as our forefathers did in the past. They managed to do this by bringing power back to the states, by limiting the tyranny of the Administration and by appointing Justices to the Supreme Court who hold the civil purpose of the Constitution as supreme.

Truth Warrior
02-24-2008, 04:50 PM
I certainly wouldn't put past Bush & Co. to declare martial law in order to stave off threatened impeachment proceedings.

ams5995
02-24-2008, 06:13 PM
Nothing is being done because leaders such as Bush and Chaney become unimpeachable during times of legal tyranny. During legal tyrannies, the civil purpose of the Constitution takes a back seat to legal chaos. Nowadays we think of Presidents as human beings rather than as elected officials whose treacherous acts as the administration of the U.S. government endangers the sanctity of the Constitution.
But we really can't blame just Bush and Cheney because that would be irresponsible. We are the culprits afterall in that we are going through a cycle right now where our interpretation of the Constitution is from a legal point of view. Either we belong to the 51% of the Conservatives who blame all our problems on the other 49% of the liberals or we are the 51% of the liberals who blame the conservatives. What is lost in all this legal irresponsibility is the civil purpose designed into our Constitution by our forefathers. This civil purpose deals with our civil contentment as Americans. We reestablish this civil purpose just as our forefathers did in the past. They managed to do this by bringing power back to the states, by limiting the tyranny of the Administration and by appointing Justices to the Supreme Court who hold the civil purpose of the Constitution as supreme.

can you help us with links to the civil purpose explanation maybe

Working Poor
02-24-2008, 07:29 PM
So it is the fault of the people that we don't stop the things we do not like.

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 07:35 PM
So it is the fault of the people that we don't stop the things we do not like.

Ultimately, yes.

In the final analysis a population unwilling to do the basic functions required of a free citizenry (educate themselves, keep up with what their politicians are doing, and keep themselves armed and from being broke) will see their freedoms taken away until they are little more than slaves.

Working Poor
02-24-2008, 07:37 PM
So I guess everything will be ok.

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 07:44 PM
So I guess everything will be ok.

Read incessantly.

Stick to your guns.

Pay off your debts ASAP.

Save some money for emergencies, 'cause there will be emergencies.

And if you have time try to keep up with what your elected officials are doing.

Here in Mississippi we have a great talk radio station, Supertalk Mississippi, that broadcasts simultaneously over 8 or 9 stations Statewide.

They cover lot's of State issues and do a great job of keeping the citizenry abreast of what our criminals, er Representatives in Jackson are doing.

NMCB3
02-24-2008, 11:13 PM
Congress wont impeach because they are just as dirty as the president. They all have to be thrown out one way or the other.

fedup100
02-24-2008, 11:17 PM
They won't impeach because the investigations it would open up would shine the light on all their treasonous acts. Bush and Cheney don't need to be impeached, they should be arrested, both of them and tried for treason.

We the people have failed by not demanding this.

Jodi's mom
02-25-2008, 12:49 AM
But we need the cooperation of others in Congress. Read below and connect the dots:

NAFTA was a piece of legislation that was unprecedented in its scope and economic consequences as it conferred dictatorial powers of implementation to the executive branch of government without any congressional oversight whatsoever. Moreover, NAFTA established secret working groups that are publicly funded, totally unaccountable to anyone and they operate off the radar of congressional and public scrutiny.

NAFTA passed in both houses of Democratically controlled Congress in 1993. In the Senate, it passed with 61 yeas and 38 nays. In the House, it was much closer at 234 yeas to 200 nays. The Republicans in the House really came through for Clinton by providing 132 Yeas to counter 156 Democratic nays. Still, 40% of the Democrats in the House voted for NAFTA.

The vote itself is more than a bit intriguing. Many of NAFTA’s congressional supporters ended up presidential candidates or high ranking congressional and government officials. On the Senate side, the big name Democratic who voted for NAFTA include Bill Bradley, Tom Daschle, Christopher Dodd, Ted Kennedy, Joe Lieberman, John Kerry and Joe Biden. All of these Democrats had made various bids for the presidency or vice presidency of the United States (Ted Kennedy’s presidential bid was squashed when he let an innocent woman drown). Interestingly, big name NAFTA supporting Republicans include John McCain, Bob Dole (defeated by Clinton), Mitch McConnell (current Senate Minority Leader) and many other Republicans in Congress were none too eager to assist Bill Clinton in the sellout of the American worker.

On the House side, NAFTA supporters included big name GOPers as Dennis Hastert, Newt Gingrich, Dick Armey, John Boehner, and Ron Portman, all of whom rose to leadership positions in the House or the Bush Administration. Democrat Nancy Pelsoi, who voted yes on NAFTA, ended up Speaker of the House.

Clearly, these traitorous rogues were handsomely rewarded with greater political power for engineering the systematic dismantling of the world’s greatest manufacturing legend in all of human history.

Now do we "get it"? Their "bickering" is nothing but a sham. They are all in it together to destroy our way of life.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-25-2008, 07:12 PM
I certainly wouldn't put past Bush & Co. to declare martial law in order to stave off threatened impeachment proceedings.

In normal times, our forefathers would have expected us to shoot a President for walking around the White House with his penis hanging out. They would not expect such an action by us because the President is a bad human being; rather, they would expect such an action by us because such treacherous actions perpetrated by the President as a third of the government would endanger the sanctity of the U.S. Constitution. But nowadays the U.S. Constitution is basically worthless because its civil purpose is not interpreted by modern legal experts.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-27-2008, 11:51 PM
can you help us with links to the civil purpose explanation maybe

Sorry. I'm not really into the enjoyment of debating political issues nor am I a legal expert. In regards to referring you to an explanation regarding civil purpose, please take a look at the Bill of Rights and the Declaration of Independence.
While we tend to divide ourselves up irresponsibly by using Aristotle's political model of the Golden Mean, we can build a common character as Americans by using an alternative political model which views politics as a dynamic government which moves between periods of legal tyranny to that of periods of civil purose.

benhaskins
02-28-2008, 09:23 AM
the house oversite committee has been trying to get the deleted emails for over one year. i was watching it on c-span yesterday.

they seemed pretty frustrated with the lack of information and cooperation with the administration.

http://oversight.house.gov/story.asp?ID=1763

rpfreedom08
02-28-2008, 09:36 AM
I have no idea. I voted Democrat last election just to stop the lies. I think America has been duped to believe any of these people represent us.

bingo!