PDA

View Full Version : Simplicity at its finest--a Sign Bomb

AJ Antimony
02-24-2008, 01:35 PM
Today for some reason has put me in a not-good mood about the Ron Paul Revolution. I have no idea why, but nonetheless I'm positive the days ahead will be better.

Anyway, this mood got me thinking about the campaign, the grassroots, and how to restore some energy to this revolution during this political downtime before March 4th and how to do it efficiently.

First I looked at the so-called problems for the campaign and the grass roots projects. Looking at the situation with the utmost simplicity, I can conclude that the main force keeping this campaign from literally taking off is simply name recognition. Like it or not, there are still people/voters in this country who don't know who Ron Paul is. The reason for poor name recognition of course is the mainstream media who do nothing but talk about Clinton, Obama, and McCain all day. It's really a joke. Clinton could be speaking in front of 500 people in a tiny Texas town and it'll be on CNN all day. Paul could be speaking in front of 4000 at the University of Texas and it might get a mention. The grassroots answer to this is to attack the MSM and force them to talk about Ron Paul. After a year of campaigning and increasing Paul popularity, they still are not talking about him to the extent we would like.

The grassroots has responded with very creative ideas. A blimp, advertising on fighters, NASCAR, etc. All are good ideas but have they really helped? Perhaps a little, but, assuming voting results are accurate, people still don't know who Paul is. They know who Clinton, Obama, and McCain are because when they turn on CNN in the morning, they are on. In the afternoon, they are on. At night, they are on even more.

To get AROUND the MSM, I'm thinking let's try something very simple and very logical and very efficient. Let's have a "Sign Bomb."

How is it simple?
We will put up even more signs around the country bombarding people with Ron Paul. You would just buy a sign and put it up in a LEGAL SPOT and you'd be done.

How is this logical?
People see Clinton, Obama, McCain on TV all day, with this they will see Ron Paul when they are out all day. Driving to work in traffic, they see nothing but Paul signs the entire way. Driving back, ditto. Or just driving around town imagine the effect of seeing a RP sign every 30 seconds as you pass power line after power line. With enough signs, people will ask themselves "Who is this Ron Paul?"

How is this efficient?
When you buy a sign, you are paying to the Ron Paul campaign. That's the best place to send your money. With this "bomb" the grassroots is focused on one effort, not a bunch of separate efforts that make the money flow seem less than it really is.

A simple idea that makes sense and increases name recognition. Thoughts?

Jeremy
02-24-2008, 01:41 PM
I think signs do a lot in small towns. My town had highest RP % in the state... and I know of at least 3 good yards with signs around here. It means a lot in a small town where people see nothing. So when they see one yard with signs (this guy has a huge sign a couple roads away from me) they start to wonder... then they see one in another yard (me!) and you've got their attention. because there are 0 signs for anyone else...

TruthAtLast
02-24-2008, 02:34 PM
how many signs would it take? 10,000? 10,000,000?

Even "legal" places are deemed illegal. There have been lots of stories of people asked by the local authorities to remove their signs from their own property.

I think it is a good idea but I'd love to focus on states coming up where we think we can win. I'd donate to the "Million Sign Bomb" as long as there were people available to put them all up.

AJ Antimony
02-24-2008, 05:23 PM
how many signs would it take? 10,000? 10,000,000?

Even "legal" places are deemed illegal. There have been lots of stories of people asked by the local authorities to remove their signs from their own property.

I think it is a good idea but I'd love to focus on states coming up where we think we can win. I'd donate to the "Million Sign Bomb" as long as there were people available to put them all up.

It would take many signs haha

The thing is, it's not something to donate to and forget about. Participating in this bomb would involve purchasing a sign for yourself and placing it yourself. I suppose through meetup groups or something, one could give them money to buy signs for their local area but that would be lazy.

Another part to this idea could be bumper stickers. Those aren't illegal at all.

AJ Antimony
02-24-2008, 10:51 PM
bump