PDA

View Full Version : No more randomness! We need to focus on one thing.

BrettCates
02-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Long term goals:

1. Win the convention. Yes it can be done.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=121298

2. Win in November.

3. Start a PAC. Call it Liberty Forever.

4. Win a majority of house congressional seats in 2010.

5. Win a majority of US Senate seats and Re-elect Ron Paul in 2012.

6. Take the federal reserve and 16th amendment to the cleaners.

Short term goal: Stop focusing on everything except winning unbound and bound delegates and winning the delegates from people who "pledged" to another candidate. We have hundreds of delegates going, we just don't realize it because of "official results." Do we trust the media? We must convince people to switch now when the McCain scandal is still in the light .

Now is the time to assemble a secret convention volunteer/delegate/vote broker database that the moderators control to assure our team is not infiltrated.

This post is very similar to Deepthoats: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=122704

So IM ronpaulhawaii if you are a delegate or volunteer now.

God speed,
Cates

tamor
02-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the focusing of all of us

Banana
02-24-2008, 11:52 AM
And to remind: We can still win the convention without nomination, so focus on getting 1191 RPR delegates, whether bound to RP or not!

BrettCates
02-24-2008, 12:05 PM
And to remind: We can still win the convention without nomination, so focus on getting 1191 RPR delegates, whether bound to RP or not!

We need to march to the convention after staging a Ron Paul Army tent city encampment for weeks before the event. It will be cold....

Nate K
02-24-2008, 12:06 PM
I like goal #4, taking the House majority in 2010. I definitely think that can be done and we should work damn hard to do so.

BrettCates
02-24-2008, 12:09 PM
I like goal #4, taking the House majority in 2010. I definitely think that can be done and we should work damn hard to do so.

Don't you think if Ron wins it will greatly influence hundreds of candidates for every position of power?

Nate K
02-24-2008, 12:11 PM
Don't you think if Ron wins it will greatly influence a mass of new candidates of the FREEDOM REVOLUTION?

Absolutely, problem is the elites are too focused on this election. I'm not saying it's not possible. But we should have a contingency plan.

BrettCates
02-24-2008, 01:34 PM
yeah

BrettCates
02-24-2008, 11:47 PM
come on

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Contingency plans are good. They are very good. They, however, do not require our immediate focus.

I think the OP is right.

Texas and Ohio are in a week. If we're to have the brokered convention that we've been working our asses off to pack with delegates, we need to stop McCain now!

We need Texas and Ohio. Ohio has lost beaucoup jobs to NAFTA and Texans are about to lose their lands and their homes to the NAFTA Superhighway. Ron is on record against it. Rupert Murdoch in particular, the media in general and the very governor of Texas are for the NAU. Texans, by and large, are not.

Point of focus: Educate Texans on the positions of the candidates on the NAFTA Superhighway and the NAU. Want to make a difference? Want to do some good right now? If you can write, find Texas and Ohio forums where you can make these positions known. If you can research, find McCain's votes in favor of NAFTA and this corridor and post the specifics here for the writers to use. Find videos of him speaking in favor of these things and post the links here. And then do what you can about finding Huckabee agreeing with NAFTA and the corridor. If you are good at editing together video, stay tuned and use what gets found.

This is the issue I think is absolutely most likely to energize Texans for our man. This together with McCain's treatment of the Navajos will do as much good for us in New Mexico and the Dakotas. It could even get Ohio's attention. If you have a better idea, we'd love to hear it. I say, however, nothing else we can do will have the impact we need to make to keep the nomination open and put Texas' delegates in Dr. Paul's pocket.

Can we do this in a week? Have we got anything left to lose? I say yes to both! Let's roll!

BrettCates
02-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Contingency plans are good. They are very good. They, however, do not require our immediate focus.

I think the OP is right.

Texas and Ohio are in a week. If we're to have the brokered convention that we've been working our asses off to pack with delegates, we need to stop McCain now!

We need Texas and Ohio. Ohio has lost beaucoup jobs to NAFTA and Texans are about to lose their lands and their homes to the NAFTA Superhighway. Ron is on record against it. Rupert Murdoch in particular, the media in general and the very governor of Texas are for the NAU. Texans, by and large, are not.

Point of focus: Educate Texans on the positions of the candidates on the NAFTA Superhighway and the NAU. Want to make a difference? Want to do some good right now? If you can write, find Texas and Ohio forums where you can make these positions known. If you can research, find McCain's votes in favor of NAFTA and this corridor and post the specifics here for the writers to use. Find videos of him speaking in favor of these things and post the links here. And then do what you can about finding Huckabee agreeing with NAFTA and the corridor. If you are good at editing together video, stay tuned and use what gets found.

This is the issue I think is absolutely most likely to energize Texans for our man. This together with McCain's treatment of the Navajos will do as much good for us in New Mexico and the Dakotas. It could even get Ohio's attention. If you have a better idea, we'd love to hear it. I say, however, nothing else we can do will have the impact we need to make to keep the nomination open and put Texas' delegates in Dr. Paul's pocket.

Can we do this in a week? Have we got anything left to lose? I say yes to both! Let's roll!

I was born in Denton (north of Dallas) and have like 30 cousins aunts and uncles, great uncles and aunts that I have all covered. Should I 411 businesses and cold call?

acptulsa
02-25-2008, 01:05 PM
I was born in Denton (north of Dallas) and have like 30 cousins aunts and uncles, great uncles and aunts that I have all covered. Should I 411 businesses and cold call?

Sweet.

Do they have any ideas on which media outlets might be receptive to the message? Post a list and I'll write tonight.