PDA

View Full Version : Let's get the Libertarian Party and Constitution Party to put up a Paul/Barr ticket

SteveMartin
02-24-2008, 09:29 AM
...and go for it.

We'd be on the ballot in all 50 states. We'd get at least two billionaires behind us.

We may not get in the major debates, but we could plaster the airwaves.

This would kick the revolution into high gear!

Let the Republicans come in 3rd, and then we can go back and take them over after--or let them just whither and die--either way is OK by me...

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 09:30 AM
I'd support that ticket.

All you LP members, make it so!

SteveMartin
02-24-2008, 09:36 AM
The other thing to is, I can guarantee that within 30 days of such an announcement we would raise $5 million minimum.

Of course, we may need some new campaign staff. I could see keeping Snyder and Elam, But, we need Tom Lizardo in charge!

Delivered4000
02-24-2008, 09:41 AM
This idea interests and arouses me

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Well as I'm someone who has zero power or control over any of this all I can do is cheer from the sidelines.

Richard Viguerie at his ultimateronpaul website did have two petitions to draft Ron Paul into the LP and get the LP to nominate Ron Paul regardless.

I signed the second but not the first.

I'm willing to let Ron Paul make up his own mind about how he can be most effective in the movement to restore the Constitution to it's rightful role as the supreme law of the land.

SteveMartin
02-24-2008, 09:44 AM
We wait until after TX and OH, then we announce this. I am convinced that hoping for a brokered convention unless more PROVEN dirt comes out on McCain and he is forced out is a waste of time, and the proof is in the fundraising pudding. People no longer believe we can win the Republican nomination. Whether we want to believe it or not (and I'd truly like to still believe it, personally) the drying up of funds demands a change of course here...

SteveMartin
02-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Yes, Ron Paul ultimately has the right to do what he deems best. However, IMHO, he is being poorly advised and undermined from within.

WE ARE THE REVOLUTION. We can influence its direction.

SteveMartin
02-24-2008, 09:48 AM
All eyes are on Texas. If we can't get double digits there (and I believe we will--even if they are taken from us by rigged counting) then RP will likely be more persuadable towards such a direction.

Richie
02-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Ron Paul has already said that he doesn't want to run third party/independent. That's why I didn't sign the petitions over at The Ultimate Ron Paul. We need to stop wasting our time with this.

Bob Barr, on the other hand, simply has to jump into the Libertarian nomination race. He's the only one who can bring us together and make the Libertarian Party serious, while at the same time not compromising their principles. He's a great speaker as well. I encourage all members of this board to go to bobbar2008.com and sign the petition.

http://www.bobbarr2008.com/

FrankRep
02-24-2008, 10:00 AM
The grassroots needs to put pressure on the Constitution Party and Libertarian Party to have them join force. Set aside differences and working together for the greater good.

Elwar
02-24-2008, 10:07 AM
I still don't trust Bob Barr...although he was a champion of private property rights and the 2nd amendment when in Congress he was a huge proponent of the war on drugs. Not only did he support it but he made it so that the vote for legalizing medical marijuana in DC was killed by disallowing the counting of the votes (or something along those lines).

He lost his seat because the Libertarian Party of Georgia went after him.

After he lost his seat he looked into the Libertarian Party and came to our state convention (in Georgia) to try to extend an olive branch. He gave a good enough speech but when someone in the audience asked why he would take away the medicine his mother needed to make it through her cancer with dignity he said he didn't want it legal because of "the bad things people do because of drugs".

Sure he's since joined the party and supported many libertarians, but what Bob Barr would we get as president? The Drug War congressman or the Libertarian?

The One
02-24-2008, 10:09 AM
This idea interests and arouses me

Easy, big guy.:D

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 10:13 AM
I still don't trust Bob Barr...although he was a champion of private property rights and the 2nd amendment when in Congress he was a huge proponent of the war on drugs. Not only did he support it but he made it so that the vote for legalizing medical marijuana in DC was killed by disallowing the counting of the votes (or something along those lines).

After he lost his seat he looked into the Libertarian Party and came to our state convention (in Georgia) to try to extend an olive branch. He gave a good enough speech but when someone in the audience asked why he would take away the medicine his mother needed to make it through her cancer with dignity he said he didn't want it legal because of "the bad things people do because of drugs".

Sure he's since joined the party and supported many libertarians, but what Bob Barr would we get as president? The Drug War congressman or the Libertarian?

I remember the DC medical marijuana situation and the role Bob Barr played in it. It was surprising to see him join the LP after he lost his Congressional seat.

I honestly don't know if he has had a change of heart on this topic or if he is simply willing to ignore the issue for the greater goal of promoting individual rights.

Or if it means that the LP itself is selling out.

Join The Paul Side
02-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Ron Paul has already said that he doesn't want to run third party/independent. That's why I didn't sign the petitions over at The Ultimate Ron Paul. We need to stop wasting our time with this.

Bob Barr, on the other hand, simply has to jump into the Libertarian nomination race. He's the only one who can bring us together and make the Libertarian Party serious, while at the same time not compromising their principles. He's a great speaker as well. I encourage all members of this board to go to bobbar2008.com and sign the petition.

The only thing we are wasting our time with is hoping and praying for a brokered convention that odds are will not happen (although I wish it would).

I'm so sick of the anti Indy, anti 3rd party crowd. You people are a disservice to the cause.

Yes we know Dr. Paul has said he has no intentions on running Indy or 3rd party. But I recall he recently said he had no intentions on running for President either until his supporters changed his mind and demanded it from him. I also recall him saying he is only staying in the GOP race because we demand it from him.

If he does not get the GOP nomination, I believe he will change his mind again on the Indy/3rd party issue if we once again demand it from him and show him the financial support will be there.

I wish the anti Indy/3rd party naysayers would go join McCain's campaign and get of my cloud. :mad:

stevedasbach
02-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Well as I'm someone who has zero power or control over any of this all I can do is cheer from the sidelines.

Richard Viguerie at his ultimateronpaul website did have two petitions to draft Ron Paul into the LP and get the LP to nominate Ron Paul regardless.

I signed the second but not the first.

I'm willing to let Ron Paul make up his own mind about how he can be most effective in the movement to restore the Constitution to it's rightful role as the supreme law of the land.

FYI: The LP can't nominate Ron Paul (or anyone else) without their prior consent. Propective candidates must state that they will accept the nomination prior to having their name placed into nomination.

Richie
02-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Educate yourselves about Bob Barr. I'm well aware that he was the anti-Libertarian in Congress, and that he was still a neocon when he first joined the Libertarian Party. However, his recent actions have earned my trust. He lobbies for a pro-Medical Marijuana cause in DC, he overwhelmingly supported a press release condemning the Iraq war, etc. The man has made a turn-around.

Shink
02-24-2008, 10:54 AM
Is this doable or merely a pipe dream?

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Educate yourselves about Bob Barr. I'm well aware that he was the anti-Libertarian in Congress, and that he was still a neocon when he first joined the Libertarian Party. However, his recent actions have earned my trust. He lobbies for a pro-Medical Marijuana cause in DC, he overwhelmingly supported a press release condemning the Iraq war, etc. The man has made a turn-around.

I didn't know this, now I feel better about him being in the LP.

Maybe he's an example of how even entrenched establishment politicians can still come back from the dark side.

Go Bob Barr!

Banana
02-24-2008, 11:12 AM
For those talking about "no hope of brokered convention", I need to point out that nomination are the only thing the delegates are bound to do; they're free to do anything else and that can include reforming the party entirely.

Seem to me we'd be doing even greater good if LP and CP joined forces and worked to reform the Republican party.

SteveMartin
02-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Whatever...we need money. Ain't getting it. We need a change.

Caulfield
02-24-2008, 11:10 PM
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v181/38/17/645029406/n645029406_292619_3172.jpg
Bob Barr at CPAC

Richie
02-25-2008, 10:17 AM

Bro.Butch
03-09-2008, 01:56 AM

THX, I dont trust him either. We don't need him.

Bro.Butch
03-09-2008, 02:06 AM
FYI: The LP can't nominate Ron Paul (or anyone else) without their prior consent. Propective candidates must state that they will accept the nomination prior to having their name placed into nomination.

that rule can be changed in under 60 seconds if the delegates want it gone.

IDefendThePlatform
03-09-2008, 09:11 AM
I think the idea of a dual nomination for Dr. P by both the Libertarian and Constitution parties is great. The Constitution Party convention is April 26th in Kansas City and the Libertarian Convention is May 26th in Denver. If Dr. P were to announce an independent run in the next few weeks, then accept the Constitution party nod, then accept the Libertarian party nod, The publicity and effect of having all those different groups on board would be huge. It would show people that issues are more important than party. I just emailed the campaign and donated again asking for this. PLEASE contact the campaign and ask Dr. P to do this and stay in the race:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/form

IDefendThePlatform
03-13-2008, 07:07 AM
Is anyone here in the Constitution Party? How do they nominate their presidential candidate? If enough RP supporters joined I would think we could influence them to nominate Dr. P, which would hopefully make him change his mind and agree to run third party.

Richie
03-13-2008, 07:47 AM
Have you guys considered the side effects of the two parties not running a Presidential candidate? They could lose ballot access.

mtmedlin
03-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Did anybody consider that Ron Paul doesnt seem to want to run?

I say we go after Barr or Napolitano.....or both!

Richie
03-13-2008, 08:43 AM
I say we go after Barr or Napolitano.....or both!

That's what I'm talking about! Again: http://www.bobbarr2008.com

TurtleBurger
03-13-2008, 11:29 AM

If you are looking for power, buttering up the libertarian party is a weird way of doing it. The War on Drugs is a complex issue that it's easy to be wrong about if you don't think about hard enough. I believe Barr's conversion was genuine.

IDefendThePlatform
03-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Have you guys considered the side effects of the two parties not running a Presidential candidate? They could lose ballot access.

Is that a law or are you just saying that people wouldn't work to get signatures if they nominated someone who refused to run? I was under the impression that their signatures got the party on the ballot, and that they would have to get access via signatures again next election anyway unless they got a decent % of the vote.

The best way for them to get that % of the vote would be to nominate Dr. P. He would probably get more votes than anyone else they could nominate even if he refused to campaign. As long as his name could appear on the ballot, I think it would be a win-win for both parties and for Dr. P.

dsentell
03-13-2008, 12:12 PM
I think the idea of a dual nomination for Dr. P by both the Libertarian and Constitution parties is great.
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/contact/form

This is exactly what I have been hoping for. I, too, think it would be huge. Add in all the conservative Republicans who feel they don't have a candidate as well as many Dems who are not particularly happy, and who knows.

I realize that a third party candidate has never faired well in our elections, but I believe that if there ever was a time, it is 2008 . . . . . .

Bro.Butch
03-13-2008, 04:28 PM
There is something everyone needs to understand, WRITE-IN votes in most states arenít counted and are thrown in the trash. So our efforts may continue through to the FINALS in the general election and beyond Dr. Paul needs to be on all USA ballots on Nov. 4.

Dr. Paul wishes to continue to the convention, which is great, however if that plan fails we need a backup plan so he will have his name on all the ballots in the Nov finals. Most of you probably donít realize it but both the Libertarian (1971) and Constitutional (1992) Parties have been promoting over 90% of what Dr. Paul is saying since their enceptions. Both Parties have requested Ron to seek their nomination. He would just need to let them know and itís his for the taking (even though there are 14 people currently seeking the LP nomination and 3 or 4 the CP nod). Most of you may oppose such a move, however He may remain in the Republican Party as he has been since his youth and run as U.S. Rep. Dr. Ron Paul (R-TX), retain his house seat, remember, he has no opponent in Nov., and he can continue to contest the primaries to the Republican convention. If the plan at the convention failed, he would only have two months left to campaign until Nov. 4 under these other Party labels. These Parties have ballot access in several states and plan to be on the ballot in all 50 plus D.C. Some of you have been or currently are members of these Parties.

For you who hate the thought of a 3rd Party run but would consider an Indie run, hereís some info. An Independent run would require millions of VALID signatures starting in TX (140,000 raw) a MUST state to be on the ballot, before May 12 deadline, NM (30,000 raw) & AZ (40,000 raw) before June 4 dealine, (the LP already has ballot access in all 3 of these states) If you meet these deadlines you have 47 more to go plus DC. To save money and much time the way to go is CP and/or LP to gain ballot access. Another fact you may not be aware of is Dr. RON PAUL is a lifetime member of the LP and has been for over 20 years, he speaks to their national conventions regularly . He is also friends with leaders in the CP. With both Partyís nomination it will mean that these votes and over 1,000 hardcore activists go to Ron and not someone else. I donít know the exact FEC rules, however if he did accept the nomination of the CP and/or LP he could just go ahead and change over the fundraising from primary mode to general election mode to stay within the rules. It would revitalize fundraising also !

Dr.Paul has continued to say he will do what the grassroots wants hlm to do! Let's request that he accepts ALL Party nominations from those who agree with his message of Freedom, Peace and Prosperity! Letís be honest friends the R(3VOl)uTION needs to be RE-energized. Keep working toward delegates and votes in the Republican primary race as many of you are, but also accept the nomination of these FRIENDS who can and WILL put Dr. Ron on all state ballots in Nov. Please send an email to the Constitution Party asking them to nominate Dr. Paul as their presidential candidate at their convention on April 26th in Kansas City. This would be a great way to keep Dr. Paul in the race and fire up the liberty movement for this spring and summer. Constitution Party contact form:
https://secure.giftwrapplus.org/cpnc/eu/contactus/

The LP is currently having a contest called ďLiberty Decides Ď08″, between some of their candidates to see who has the most support through donations. The contest has a vote for ďa future yet unnamed candidateĒ that is Ron Paulís ballot. We need to win this contest to prove his support and he will be nominated by the LP and appear on the Nov ballot so we can vote for him. Please go to their site and vote whatever you can from $1 to $100 and email them that you want them to NOMINATE RON PAUL at their convention in Denver Memorial weekend May 22-26. If enough of us do this they will and he will be in the FINAL for all the marbles !!! Give whatever you can !!! I just donít want all of our efforts to end and not be in the finals. We still have a chance to spread this message to 100 million more people. THX
http://www.lp.org/libertydecides/
Liberty Decides Ď08

Remember: Dr.Paul has continued to say he will do what the grassroots wants hlm to do! Let's request that he accepts ALL Party nominations from those who agree with his message of Freedom, Peace and Prosperity!:D

defe07
03-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Bro Butch, I totally agree with you. We should have a backup plan where we try to get Dr.Paul nomianted by both the Libertarian and Constitution parties. If Dr. Paul doesn't want to do this, what should we do? I agree also that going on our own is practically suicide. OK, I'm only 23 and haven't been asking for petition signatures, mainnly because I'm studying in Chile, but you make excellent points. I suggest that you go on to Daily Paul (if you haven't been) and check the idea of having an instant moneybomb during the broadcast of Coast to Coast AM when Dr. Paul is on. This program should bring in 15 million new American voices into the process and somebody came up with the idea to have a $100 million money-bomb. :cool:

vanadium
04-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Awesome Nolan Chart pic up there. To think, just a decade ago...

tajitj
04-14-2008, 05:59 PM
That would be the best thing possible at this moment. It will not happen though. Barr has to stand on his own feet. I wish Ventura would be Barrs VP. It would not be ideal, but would get me excited about the general.