UNDECIDED and 19 are for RP!!! Look at the
neocons...no one likes them. We can do this IF you
call and talk to these people.

Ron Paul 2008
neocons...your days are numbered

constituent
08-15-2007, 10:27 AM
so to clarify...

get in touch with the campaign about calling efforts?

or a guy in austin named chuck?

i've seen conflicting information on this, and posts echoing both sides.

mdh
08-15-2007, 10:29 AM
I would say go to Chuck. The campaign is overtaxed as it is, let's let them use us - the grassroots folks - as their frontmen for stuff like this.

enter`name`here
08-15-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm sorry, what am i looking at again?

Mr. White
emaiul this guy
ccy@earthlink.net

your name location and email

he will send you back a job and login info for their advocation software.

Slugg
I'm confused, what exactly are we looking at here?

Dustancostine
08-15-2007, 10:34 AM
When calling voters you ask them who they are supporting, out of 49 eligible Republican Straw Poll Voters, 19 Have indicated Ron Paul and 22 are Undecided. Fred Thompson has gotten 4 supporters, Guliani 1, Tommy Thompson 1 and Tancredo 2.

So 41 voters have been RP supporters, or supporters of no one.

--Dustan

Ron Paul Fan
08-15-2007, 10:35 AM
I think we've got 19 out of 49 callers for Ron Paul which is 38%. It's good news, but a very small sample. When you've got 1900 callers saying they're for Ron Paul then we've got something here. I guess we just need to keep calling. The good thing here is that a lot of these people should know who Ron Paul is more so than in Iowa. Name recognition isn't as big of a problem I wouldn't think.

Slugg
08-15-2007, 10:36 AM
I think we've got 19 out of 49 callers for Ron Paul which is 38%. It's good news, but a very small sample. When you've got 1900 callers saying they're for Ron Paul then we've got something here. I guess we just need to keep calling. The good thing here is that a lot of these people should know who Ron Paul is more so than in Iowa. Name recognition isn't as big of a problem I wouldn't think.

Cool...how many delegates are there?

Ron Paul Fan
08-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Cool...how many delegates are there?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's 17,000 who are eligible.

Mr. White
08-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Yep 17000 eligibles, who knows how many will go.

Dustancostine
08-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes around 17000 are eligible, but not all will attend. This is the first time the Texas GOP has had a straw poll so I imagine the turnout will be good though.

--Dustan

MsDoodahs
08-15-2007, 10:42 AM
I can't answer how many there are total.

What I can tell you is that when I started making calls, I was calling people in Lake Jackson.

That's Ron's congressional district.

Don't get over confident is all I'm saying...

Ron Paul Fan
08-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Are any other candidates going to show up and campaign and will it get any good press in the media? I suppose if Ron Paul wins they'll ignore it, or do some combination to downplay it if none of the top tier candidates show up and that he's from Texas and should win his own state's straw poll.

constituent
08-15-2007, 10:45 AM
yea, but i'm pretty sure there's an e-mail floating around saying that the campaign, busy as they might be, are actually planning/operating some sort of calling mechanism already... i don't know if they plan to pitch attendance or votes or what.... correct me if i'm wrong.

but the austin thing seems like it is simply polling the eligible delegates? for now i'm sticking w/ contacting the state campaign coordinators as i'm not certain that this is what they have in mind...

again i think this is one of those jurisdictional things. could be just me.

disinter
08-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Not scientific! NOT SCIENTIFIC!! Useless! USELESS!!

As the fraud deniers claimed about the Iowa exit poll...

Dustancostine
08-15-2007, 10:49 AM
yea, but i'm pretty sure there's an e-mail floating around saying that the campaign, busy as they might be, are actually planning/operating some sort of calling mechanism already... i don't know if they plan to pitch attendance or votes or what.... correct me if i'm wrong.

but the austin thing seems like it is simply polling the eligible delegates? for now i'm sticking w/ contacting the state campaign coordinators as i'm not certain that this is what they have in mind...

again i think this is one of those jurisdictional things. could be just me.

No the script starts by asking them who they are currently supporting, then goes from there.

And I believe the campaign is working with the Austin group on this.

--Dustan

LibertyEagle
08-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Go here... post 12
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12095&page=2

constituent
08-15-2007, 01:53 PM
LibertyEagle... same thread this was posted by

tiznow

"

Message from campaign on July 29th they are on top of this one seems like

this straw poll will mainly fall into the hands of the campaign itself.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 29, 2007
New Texas Campaign Staff

I am pleased to announce the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee has added two key members to our Texas campaign staff to coordinate our very important effort to win Texas for Ron Paul.

Mark Elam, who has served as Ron Paul's campaign manager for his congressional campaign for 11 years, has agreed to serve as our Texas state coordinator.

Jean McIver, a former Ron Paul congressional assistant campaign manager, will be joining us as our Texas field coordinator. Together they will help direct our crucial Texas program.

Mark and Jean are both long-time Ron Paul campaign associates and have each played pivotal roles in his congressional elections. Congressman Paul and I are very encouraged that these two political veterans have stepped in to fill these roles and help lead the thousands of committed Texas campaign volunteers who are already working in the trenches to spread the Ron Paul message and secure the GOP presidential nomination for our candidate.

One of the great things about the addition of these two top staff members in Texas is that they will be able to quickly hit the ground running since both have already been working as part of the Ron Paul team.

Beginning immediately, you should feel free to communicate with Mark and Jean about the campaign in Texas. They will be organizing the entire state and directing our important Texas GOP straw poll effort on Sept. 1 in Dallas/Fort Worth.

Mark Elam can be contacted at mmelam@aol.com or by phone at 281.484.1600. Jean McIver can be contacted at JeanMcIver@DWMServices.com or by phone at 972.668.0660.

We plan to begin communicating frequently with you and our other Texas campaign team to keep you informed of activities and important news as it occurs. To start off this process let me just briefly mention several items:

1. This week we sent out over 21,000 color Ron Paul Texas GOP straw poll mail cards to all of the people in the state who are qualified to attend and vote in the GOP straw poll. The mailer encourages Texas GOP voters to attend the straw poll and to cast their vote for Congressman Paul. A photo of Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan is included along with some key issue and biographical information on Ron Paul.

2. We also have created a phone list of straw poll delegates...a list we will be sharing with the Ron Paul team across the state as we quickly shift our Texas GOP straw poll effort into high gear.

3. Please mark your calendar and plan to attend the Ron Paul Texas Bar-B-Q Bash and Birthday Party on Sunday, August 26, from 1-4 pm, in Texas City. Join the Paul family, staff and scores of friends in helping celebrate Congressman Paul's birthday. To RSVP or for more information, call 1-800-Ron-Paul or online at www.RonPaul2008.com.

Texas is a crucial state in our campaign to elect Ron Paul the next president of the United States. It is precisely because we have great, committed people like you helping us that we are confident of victory.

Thank you...and keep pressing the battle!

Lew Moore
National Campaign Manager
Ron Paul 2008

jblosser
08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
I am in DFW. I am the FW Meetup Organizer. I have Jean McIver on speed dial and see her in person weekly. She knows what Chuck is doing for this and at this point I don't know of any national campaign plans that will interfere with it. Get thee to Chuck and help him make calls.

If you have anything from national indicating otherwise, please let me know ASAP, because in that case the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

constituent
08-15-2007, 02:07 PM
jblosser..

thank you for the info. getting ready for the storm right now, but will be in touch w/ chuck shortly..