PDA

View Full Version : Give THANKS to FOX (I know what you're thinking...)

patriotcalendar
02-23-2008, 08:26 PM
I know this sounds crazy...

but, our local FOX in Austin has been the station to give some of the best coverage of Dr. Paul here in Texas. They have really played fair with the Ron Paul Revolution. They turn out when we issue press releases -- I can think of only ONE event FOX didn't show up to cover (and our press release was short notice) in the past year!

As you've probably seen, it was FOX Austin that streamed this afternoon's Austin rally.

And.. Austin FOX has never omitted Dr. Paul from their "Candidate Tracker" pages. In fact, they've been pretty good about keeping the Ron Paul Tracker (http://media.myfoxaustin.com/politics/RonPaulTracker.htm) updated -- they even contacted a few people in our Austin grassroots and invited us to share news of events with them!

SO...IMO... just as we should rightfully complain when media doesn't deliver fair and balanced coverage, we should also let media know when we, as consumers, are pleased.

-- If you appreciated the live stream this afternoon
-- If you like what you see on the Ron Paul Tracker linked above

Please drop FOX Austin a note (http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/ContactUs?pageId=5.11) to thank them for the good work they've done covering Election 2008.

Thanks!

LandonCook
02-23-2008, 08:46 PM
The Fox affiliates are much different than the national broadcast. They actually have been rather fair and balanced.

humanic
02-23-2008, 09:10 PM
SO...IMO... just as we should rightfully complain when media doesn't deliver fair and balanced coverage, we should also let media know when we, as consumers, are pleased.

I agree. I sent them a short little e-mail. I e-mailed another Fox affiliate last month too after they did a great interview with Dr. Paul on the day of their local primary. We might as well let media outlets know what we think of their coverage, good or bad.

AJ Antimony
02-23-2008, 09:21 PM
The Fox affiliates are much different than the national broadcast. They actually have been rather fair and balanced.

Indeed. Like local government, local media know what their people want.

dvictr
02-23-2008, 09:42 PM
the boston fox stationed... reporting the NH results said that a "write in candidate" beat out fred thompson...

nate895
02-23-2008, 09:46 PM
the boston fox stationed... reporting the NH results said that a "write in candidate" beat out fred thompson...

It is possible, given his low numbers there, that a write in candidate did indeed beat him there.

dvictr
02-23-2008, 10:31 PM
It is possible, given his low numbers there, that a write in candidate did indeed beat him there.

they said a write in candidate got 5th place