PDA

View Full Version : Long-term Strategy for Success.

Nate K
02-23-2008, 08:26 PM
I see many of you don't really favor the idea of a state by state secession, that's ok, here's another idea of mine for nation wide politics..

The next election in 2 years is going to be KEY. We can take a large number of seats if we stay focused. How do we do that? Well the primaries, as we see in this election, are critical. The good thing about primaries though, is many people don't vote in them. This year's primaries in both Congress and presidential run are hard on us because of the presidential hype and media publicity, which encourages a higher voter turn out.

Will that be the case in 2 years? I doubt the turnout will be anywhere near as high. So we'll likely have a lower voter turnout which is advantageous for us. Now if we keep this movement going and do not falter, we can capitalize on that point and seal the nomination for a lot of people in Congress.

So what we need to do in my opinion is..

- Ultimately start a large Libertarian network (Libertyforest?)
- Get people ready for political runs!
- And keep the movement going, which can be boosted if we also capitalize on the march on D.C.

Low voter turnout is our friend, we need to stand out. As soon as the media starts withdrawing on the political scene after the election, we should make the pounce.

MikeSmith
02-23-2008, 08:29 PM
I see many of you don't really favor the idea of a state by state secession, that's ok, here's another idea of mine for nation wide politics..

The next election in 2 years is going to be KEY. We can take a large number of seats if we stay focused. How do we do that? Well the primaries, as we see in this election, are critical. The good thing about primaries though, is many people don't vote in them. This year's primaries in both Congress and presidential run are hard on us because of the presidential hype and media publicity, which encourages a higher voter turn out.

Will that be the case in 2 years? I doubt the turnout will be anywhere near as high. So we'll likely have a lower voter turnout which is advantageous for us. Now if we keep this movement going and do not falter, we can capitalize on that point and seal the nomination for a lot of people in Congress.

So what we need to do in my opinion is..

- Ultimately start a large Libertarian network (Libertyforest?)
- Get people ready for political runs!
- And keep the movement going, which can be boosted if we also capitalize on the march on D.C.

Low voter turnout is our friend, we need to stand out. As soon as the media starts withdrawing on the political scene after the election, we should make the pounce.

QFT

Nate K
02-23-2008, 09:02 PM
bumpk

nate895
02-23-2008, 09:04 PM
You know we have three Republican nominees in Maryland, and other than Illinois, they are the only state to have had a primary thus far. We could have 2+Ron Paul in Texas as well, I think we have around 50 running across the US.

Nate K
02-23-2008, 09:29 PM
You know we have three Republican nominees in Maryland, and other than Illinois, they are the only state to have had a primary thus far. We could have 2+Ron Paul in Texas as well, I think we have around 50 running across the US.

That's awesome. Is there a site that gives solid up to date info on this?

nate895
02-23-2008, 09:32 PM
That's awesome. Is there a site that gives solid up to date info on this?

Yes, at paulcongress.com (http://www.paulcongress.com/) you could find out what you want to know about each candidate.

Nate K
02-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Thanks, but there's only 14 :0

nate895
02-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks, but there's only 14 :0

There are 2 other pages, and that isn't all of them. Murray Sabrin, whom I'm sure you have seen around the forums, is running for Senate in New Jersey.

N13
02-23-2008, 09:46 PM
The quickest way for this movement to gain power is within the Republican party. We need to replace "what is there now" with individuals who understand the message of the future.

This means that it is beneficial for us if the Republican party is weakened considerably. Demoralized and discredited. When it hits rock bottom, that is when it will embrace our ability to save them.

Shortly thereafter, as the Democrats have run their course and exposed themselves for what they are, our message will be ready to be heard and followed. Its going to take a long time, but we need to use this Ron Paul presidential run as the beginning of something that must last. Only then will we be ready when the time is right.

Nate K
02-24-2008, 07:39 AM
o nvm i see them now..

WilliamC
02-24-2008, 07:54 AM
This is where we have to focus to keep the Constitution alive in our government.

Taking over local GOP organizations, forming coalitions with those willing to put the Constitution first and their desire for doing good second, then winning Congressional seats.

If we can get 100,000 activists out of Ron Paul's Presidential campaign we will be well on the way.

BrettCates
02-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Long term goal: Win the convention. Win in November. Win in 2010.
Short term goal: Stop focusing on everything except winning unbound and bound delegates and winning the delegates from people who "pledged" to another candidate. We have hundreds of delegates going, we just don't realize it because of "official results" and we focus on the future too quickly. Now is the time to REVOLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhys
02-24-2008, 11:35 AM
that's pretty much already the plan... but way to care!