PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know the organization AdoptaPlatoon?

Cowlesy
02-23-2008, 05:39 PM
I wanted to throw a post up here to see if anyone is aware of an organization called "AdoptaPlatoon" --- an organization which sends care packages to our troops.

No matter what your views are on the war, there are a lot of brave citizens over in that country as ordered, and it's a very important thing to me personally to do what I can to give some support each month. I can't imagine what some of these folks on the other side of the world in a nasty desert who may not come from good homes think day-in and day-out about not receiving any care packages.

Before I write a check, has anyone had experience with these folks before?

Just curious,
Thanks
Cowlesy

molly_pitcher
02-23-2008, 06:07 PM
oowies, I like this idea. I'm like you, I like to make sure it is reputable.

Cowlesy
02-23-2008, 07:17 PM
oowies, I like this idea. I'm like you, I like to make sure it is reputable.

Thanks Molly. I also verify stuff first.

Anyone else have thoughts? I'm worn out tracking down trolls tonight (they've come out in force), anyone else have views on this legit question and project?

Elegy
02-24-2008, 06:07 AM
Thanks Molly. I also verify stuff first.

Anyone else have thoughts? I'm worn out tracking down trolls tonight (they've come out in force), anyone else have views on this legit question and project?

Cowlesy, I'm in Iraq, adoptaplatoon has a good reputation, they are trustworthy. My unit recieves packages from sponsors a couple days a week.