PDA

View Full Version : Is it Mathematically Possible for Dr. Ron Paul to win the Nomination?

ronpaulforpresident
02-23-2008, 04:20 PM
I've been asked this question several times while campaigning for Dr. Paul recently and my answer has always been the same:
"Do you believe in miracles? Because the good Lord does, Oh yes He does and I do and as a Christian nation united under his cross of love, we must keep our beliefs close to heart, even in these turbulent times when conmen like McCain are prancing hither and thither. Ask not whether is it 'mathematically possible,' but whether you believe in the good doctor, whether you believe the Lord is behind him."
At this point they're usually nodding, because I know they believe, and they know I do. Sometimes they even start laughing with joy, but I'm not done yet.
"Throw your silly math out the window, the only addition sign you should be concerned with is the cross our Lord Saviour died on to save us from our sins, and from people like John McCain who prances hither and thither. Pray for Ron Paul, and he will succeed, pray for him with all your heart, and pray for America, that she may open her beautiful eyes and vote Ron Ernest Paul, MD."

Hope you guys like it, it took me a while to learn of but it seems to be really effective and it's a good reply to a very common question.

nate895
02-23-2008, 04:21 PM
It is impossible for him to lock up the nomination before the convention.

ronpaulforpresident
02-23-2008, 04:24 PM
It is impossible for him to lock up the nomination before the convention.

Um, nothing is impossible

sunghoko
02-23-2008, 04:25 PM
1 straight talker + myocardial infarction = anything possible

MikeSmith
02-23-2008, 04:26 PM

Sorry it is. It would most certainly have to be a brokered convention.

Kludge
02-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Right and wrong is absolute. Ron Paul will not win the Republican nomination nor will your head explode, turn into wood and then take the form of an LCD monitor.

ronpaulforpresident
02-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Mayhaps God will sent McCain to Hell and call Huckabee to heaven (he's a good guy but I know the Lord prefers Paul) and then Ron's the only one left.

tangent4ronpaul
02-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Huck is shooting for a brokered convention too!

Also, McCain has health problems - between that and the scandals, his dropping out is a possibility. What would a Paul vs Huck race look like?

Even if all 3 stay in, the combination of scandals, only one more winner take all state and that McCain has done well in blue states and those left are almost entirely red states leaves a good possibility of a brokered convention.

In a brokered convention ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

If you are going to pray, pray that some yahoo with a backhoe finds a critical MSM cable at a critical time or that a piece of that spy satellite finds McCain standing on terra firma where it decides to land... something like that!

Remember Rudy's audio at the first debate? :)

WHAT TIMING!

-n

The One
02-23-2008, 04:35 PM

Really??? Okay, jump off your roof butt-ass naked and fly around your neighborhood, landing safely on your neighbor's lawn when you're finished.

Oh, and throw in three loopty-loops while you're at it.

nate895
02-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Huck is shooting for a brokered convention too!

Also, McCain has health problems - between that and the scandals, his dropping out is a possibility. What would a Paul vs Huck race look like?

Even if all 3 stay in, the combination of scandals, only one more winner take all state and that McCain has done well in blue states and those left are almost entirely red states leaves a good possibility of a brokered convention.

In a brokered convention ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN!

If you are going to pray, pray that some yahoo with a backhoe finds a critical MSM cable at a critical time or that a piece of that spy satellite finds McCain standing on terra firma where it decides to land... something like that!

Remember Rudy's audio at the first debate? :)

WHAT TIMING!

-n

I have a delegate projection with him 53 short of the nomination.

ronpaulforpresident
02-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Really??? Okay, jump off your roof butt-ass naked and fly around your neighborhood, landing safely on your neighbor's lawn when you're finished.

I imagine the Lord would want me to expose myself like that, there could be ladies outside.

TurtleBurger
02-23-2008, 04:38 PM
I love the part about McCain prancing hither and thither.

tangent4ronpaul
02-23-2008, 04:38 PM
1 straight talker + myocardial infarction = anything possible

He's got skin cancer too. The bank made him take out a life insurance policy before they would give him one of those loans. Rather unusual policy... If there wasn't a GOOD reason for it, they wouldn't have made him do that.

-n

ronpaulforpresident
02-23-2008, 04:39 PM
I love the part about McCain prancing hither and thither.You really have to take it all together. Obviously I put emphasis on some things too, the final result is really quite powerful you should try it.

tangent4ronpaul
02-23-2008, 04:40 PM
I have a delegate projection with him 53 short of the nomination.

Who is "him"?

-n

acptulsa
One straight talker who supports the NAFTA superhighway and needs Texas to lock up the nomination means anything is possible. I feel certain McCain's not against the "free trade corridor".

nate895
Who is "him"?

-n

McCain.

tangent4ronpaul
02-23-2008, 04:49 PM
McCain.

Cool! - care to post your projection?

-n

CaptBookbag
02-23-2008, 04:51 PM

-n

N=N*fp ne fl fi fc fL

nate895
02-23-2008, 04:54 PM

-n

It is here. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117904)

ronpaulforpresident
02-23-2008, 04:57 PM
N=N*fp ne fl fi fc fL
No math in this thread please.

qh4dotcom
02-23-2008, 05:07 PM
If you all want Ron Paul to win the nomination you had better hope this happens soon...see below

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1964129/posts

The article correctly predicted that the female lobbyist scandal would happen

I wonder if the Clintons will do Obama the favor

Or you can all hope that a McCain becomes too ill or he loses the last little bit of grey matter he's got.

Banana
02-23-2008, 05:09 PM
How does one intend to use math anyway?

I mean, to be able to do any kind of definite calculation, we would have to know all variables, and that would require that enough voters has voted, that enough delegates has been selected, and so on ad infinitum.

Statistics/Probability, OTOH, can only give you a guess and they're not bulletproof (ask any weatherman... or don't.)

tangent4ronpaul
02-23-2008, 05:10 PM
N=N*fp ne fl fi fc fL

please define your variables.

-n

nate895
02-23-2008, 05:10 PM

I mean, to be able to do any kind of definite calculation, we would have to know all variables, and that would require that enough voters has voted, that enough delegates has been selected, and so on ad infinitum.

Statistics/Probability, OTOH, can only give you a guess and they're not bulletproof (ask any weatherman... or don't.)

My projection is meant to be pretty close, not dead on. If it winds up being dead on, I will laugh so hard.

tangent4ronpaul
02-23-2008, 05:12 PM
It is here. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117904)

Thanks - I'll look at it in a bit

-n

Banana
02-23-2008, 05:12 PM
nate895,

Actually, if it was dead on, I'm afraid I will have no option but to assume that you sold your soul to Satan and end up having to kill you.

:p ;)

ronpaulforpresident
02-23-2008, 05:13 PM

Statistics/Probability, OTOH, can only give you a guess and they're not bulletproof (ask any weatherman... or don't.)Exactly

nate895
02-23-2008, 05:13 PM
nate895,

Actually, if it was dead on, I'm afraid I will have no option but to assume that you sold your soul to Satan and end up having to kill you.

:p ;)

Or, God has blessed me with the ability to read the minds of every primary and/or caucus voter in the states to come.

Banana
02-23-2008, 05:15 PM
So a coin toss it is!

:D

Cowlesy
02-23-2008, 06:59 PM
I've been asked this question several times while campaigning for Dr. Paul recently and my answer has always been the same:
"Do you believe in miracles? Because the good Lord does, Oh yes He does and I do and as a Christian nation united under his cross of love, we must keep our beliefs close to heart, even in these turbulent times when conmen like McCain are prancing hither and thither. Ask not whether is it 'mathematically possible,' but whether you believe in the good doctor, whether you believe the Lord is behind him."
At this point they're usually nodding, because I know they believe, and they know I do. Sometimes they even start laughing with joy, but I'm not done yet.
"Throw your silly math out the window, the only addition sign you should be concerned with is the cross our Lord Saviour died on to save us from our sins, and from people like John McCain who prances hither and thither. Pray for Ron Paul, and he will succeed, pray for him with all your heart, and pray for America, that she may open her beautiful eyes and vote Ron Ernest Paul, MD."

Hope you guys like it, it took me a while to learn of but it seems to be really effective and it's a good reply to a very common question.

Nice try troll. I don't think most people in Ireland give two hoots about Ron Paul other than our international freedom lovers, and they'd never say
Oh yes He does and I do and as a Christian nation united under his cross of love to the average Seamus/Patty/Sean on the street. Sorry but us Mods actually do check authenticity when people flag users as being possible problem-causers --- and when you're international and acting like you're local, it's easy to tell.

I don't know what's going on with this little crew from a separate forum coming on here and causing problems, but I am watching, and you are banned.

nate895
02-23-2008, 07:04 PM
Nice try troll. I don't think most people in Ireland give two hoots about Ron Paul other than our international freedom lovers, and they'd never say to the average Seamus/Patty/Sean on the street. Sorry but us Mods actually do check authenticity when people flag users as being possible problem-causers --- and when you're international and acting like you're local, it's easy to tell.

I don't know what's going on with this little crew from a separate forum coming on here and causing problems, but I am watching, and you are banned.

I didn't notice any abuse.

chowdy
02-23-2008, 07:18 PM
I gain inspiration from the Goldwater '64 story. Of course, that was a different time, but I would love to see McCain getting booed off the stage in the vein of Rockefeller in '64.

N13
02-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Playin in teh bant

fever pitch
02-25-2008, 11:52 AM
I didn't notice any abuse.

Ditto. I think it was a hasty decision to ban this person. Having a foreign IP address and using antiquated language doesn't prove someone a troll. You don't know he's not an American who's currently out of the country. But even if he's not American, and even if he pretended to be, what did he say that was cause to take his posting ability away?

I'm concerned that at times, people are labeled trolls and/or banned far too quickly here. There should be an "innocent (non-troll) until proven guilty (troll)" policy.