PDA

View Full Version : i really hate to ask this question but here goes......

Cinderella
02-23-2008, 01:37 PM
it seems alot of people (that ive come across) think ron paul is a racist.....they bring up the fact of that horrible newsletter and they say that though he didnt write it he still knew about it and blah baaaa baaa blah.........they also say he has made racial remarks before as well but can never provide me with a source to find the info........i try too explain that what ron paul stands for is soooo far from racial....that what hes doing is helping the minorities in this country more than any other candidate in the race today.......im annoyed because now my boyfriend is saying hes not too sure about ron paul....his big argument is that ron paul is such a constituionalist that its a bad thing because the constitution was created by racist founding fathers...that the constituion says all men are created equal....and never gives reference to women or the different colors of man........i dont even know....its so damn frustrating......so i was wondering if anyone can help me argue this crap

WilliamC
02-23-2008, 01:55 PM
The accusation of racism is a tried and true smear tactic, that's all.

No one has ever provided any evidence that Ron Paul himself has ever said or written anything remotely racist for over 30 years that he's been in office.

You'd think there would be at least one slip of the tongue, one inadverdant use of a racial slur, one off-color joke that someone would come forth and talk about.

No, instead we have a leader from the NAACP coming onto Alex Jones radio show and defending Ron Paul from these allegations.

But that doesn't get picked up on by the MSM now does it?

gerryb
02-23-2008, 03:33 PM
it seems alot of people (that ive come across) think ron paul is a racist.....they bring up the fact of that horrible newsletter and they say that though he didnt write it he still knew about it and blah baaaa baaa blah.........they also say he has made racial remarks before as well but can never provide me with a source to find the info........i try too explain that what ron paul stands for is soooo far from racial....that what hes doing is helping the minorities in this country more than any other candidate in the race today.......im annoyed because now my boyfriend is saying hes not too sure about ron paul....his big argument is that ron paul is such a constituionalist that its a bad thing because the constitution was created by racist founding fathers...that the constituion says all men are created equal....and never gives reference to women or the different colors of man........i dont even know....its so damn frustrating......so i was wondering if anyone can help me argue this crap

If they can't provide a video or verifiable audio recording... they've got no argument.

If the constitution says "all men are created equal" why do you have to also say including these specific types of people?

Paulitical Correctness
02-23-2008, 03:52 PM
If the constitution says "all men are created equal" why do you have to also say including these specific types of people?

Exactly. Wouldn't it negate the purpose of the statement to specify individuals?

misconstrued
02-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Unfortunately it's true a lot of liberals think Ron Paul is just an abortion hating, racist, libertarian wacko :(

Truth Warrior
02-23-2008, 04:33 PM

Where does the constitution say "all men are created equal"? I don't seem to be able to find that in there anywhere.

silverhandorder
02-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Regardless let say he had trouble at one point and some how got involved in w/e they accuse him off. Even if he did not know what was going out like the news letters. He is still a man I can trust to be a true president. People electing presidents these days to take away power from politicians, that is a scary thought.

acptulsa
02-23-2008, 04:37 PM
Google Nelson Linder. He's an Austin area NAACP leader who's known Dr. Paul for 20 years and vouched for his character.

NinjaPirate
02-23-2008, 04:53 PM
If you really want to get down to language rules, and grammar, "All men are created equal," isn't sexist nor racist. In fact, other languages (Spanish, French, etc.), ALWAYS defaults to the masculine when reffering to groups of people unless that group is exclusively female. So, when the founders made that statement, I think it was during a period of time where gender/nationality didn't have to be specified because it was common knowledge that "men" was ALL INCLUSIVE. But as they say "common sense isn't so common anymore." :/

That racist smear has been debunked man times over. RP has proved time and time again that he loves people of all nationalities, volunteered to CHIP-IN HIS OWN money to fund Rosa Park's medal instead of making the TAX PAYERS pay for it, and a rep from the NAACP went on the radio to defend Paul.

And to set the record straight the statement "All men are created equal," was in the Declaration of Independence." Tell your boyfriend to do a little research before he throws out ideas that are not his own, and stop swallowing what Faux News, CNN, et. al feeds him. I'm not trying to bash your man, but it just sounds like he's just looking for an excuse to not support RP.

yongrel
02-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Not this again. We've all seen this thread too many times.

Reported.

jyakulis
02-23-2008, 04:59 PM
ehh my roomate thinks he is too. even though the mountains of scandals surfacing about all the other candidates. people will latch on to something like this i find when they don't agree with what the person is saying. for instance, in my case my roomate works for HUD. so, i think he feels threatened by Ron Paul's views. you should see how brainwashed he is. he thinks that knocking down all those houses in louisiana was a good idea in the long term.

Zolah
02-23-2008, 05:01 PM
If you want a real racist just look around at the people saying they want to wipe out the Arabs, etc., 100 year war, yay..

gerryb
02-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Where does the constitution say "all men are created equal"? I don't seem to be able to find that in there anywhere.

That's why I said "If" =) ... her boyfriend thinks it is there so go with it =)

LEK
02-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Ron Paul repudiates newsletters but takes moral responsibility for them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLUmfZWIZsc&feature=related

A comment on the youtube site - this sounds like Ron Paul - not those newsletters:

me and paul used to be friends in the 80's hes not racist he once said "the color of your skin is irrelevant it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"

What cracks me up is this is ALL they find on Ron Paul - he publically deals with it and moves on. How many of the other candidates deal with their questionable activities in this manner? On national television - taking moral reposnsibility for something that was already dealt with in the past?

LandonCook
02-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Read my Sig.

harley95
02-23-2008, 07:20 PM

LOL ....We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, etc.
Daaaaaa .. Declaration of Independence maybe ...?

Shaun
02-23-2008, 07:28 PM

TOTAL BULLSHIT. RP is a very kind, caring and compassionate individual, he treats anyone and everyone the same. He is the least racist guy who has ever run for President.

rocketless
02-23-2008, 07:29 PM
I too have a problem defending his history with the newsletters. I had an argument with one of my friends about it and referred him to the reason magazine article about Lew Rockwell actually being the writer of the newsletter material.

http://www.reason.com/news/show/124426.html

This may not quench their blood thirst for Dr. Paul's blood but it may ease them back to a bit of reality.

yongrel
02-23-2008, 07:35 PM
Stop bumping this. We all know what the purpose of this thread is, and we all know that it is counterproductive.

THis is garbage that was addressed long ago.

Drop it, flag it, and leave it alone.

NinjaPirate
02-23-2008, 08:05 PM
I too have a problem defending his history with the newsletters. I had an argument with one of my friends about it and referred him to the reason magazine article about Lew Rockwell actually being the writer of the newsletter material.

http://www.reason.com/news/show/124426.html

This may not quench their blood thirst for Dr. Paul's blood but it may ease them back to a bit of reality.

The way I see it, if they can't forgive RP for that one small blemish, while put up with all the skeletons in McCain's closet, then they weren't interested in Paul to begin with. :/

Cinderella
02-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Stop bumping this. We all know what the purpose of this thread is, and we all know that it is counterproductive.

THis is garbage that was addressed long ago.

Drop it, flag it, and leave it alone.

if u dont like it then dont post....why are u reporting my thread when im asking for advice....so what if it has been posted before...im not going to search all over ron paul forums to find it.....this is something i face EVERY SINGLE TIME i talk about ron paul.....counterproductive because i want to know how others would argue that??? i kno hes not a racist....if he was a racist he wouldnt want to pardon all non violent drug crimes...the thing is i dont know how to argue that with facts...yea i can go on and on about how hes a nice guy and hes honest etc but i want facts....like the rosa parks fact...i never knew that.......so yongrel if ur not going to help then keep it moving:rolleyes:

BUMP for yongrel;)

dvictr
02-23-2008, 09:27 PM
what other candidate will stand up and fight against the vicious racist drug laws?

NinjaPirate
02-23-2008, 09:53 PM
if u dont like it then dont post....why are u reporting my thread when im asking for advice....so what if it has been posted before...im not going to search all over ron paul forums to find it.....this is something i face EVERY SINGLE TIME i talk about ron paul.....counterproductive because i want to know how others would argue that??? i kno hes not a racist....if he was a racist he wouldnt want to pardon all non violent drug crimes...the thing is i dont know how to argue that with facts...yea i can go on and on about how hes a nice guy and hes honest etc but i want facts....like the rosa parks fact...i never knew that.......so yongrel if ur not going to help then keep it moving:rolleyes:

BUMP for yongrel;)

1min clip about RP talking to Wolf Blitzer about the Rosa Parks medal:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cs-0AXWV8so

Akus
02-24-2008, 01:33 AM
......so i was wondering if anyone can help me argue this crap

Cinderella, seriously, stop. If you gave them ample evidence that Ron Paul is not racist and they continue to repeat he is as if they heard nothing you say then stop trying to reach out to them. They consciously closed their eyes and ears. Move onto the next undecided.

RonPaulalways
02-24-2008, 01:45 AM
Read my article on this:

http://kineticreaction.blogspot.com/2008/01/editor-of-ron-paul-smear-articled.html

Editor of Ron Paul smear article called Arabs ‘murderous and grotesque’

pacelli
02-24-2008, 01:50 AM
Cinderella, seriously, stop. If you gave them ample evidence that Ron Paul is not racist and they continue to repeat he is as if they heard nothing you say then stop trying to reach out to them. They consciously closed their eyes and ears. Move onto the next undecided.

I 100% agree. There is only so much time, so target voters that haven't been exposed to the smears. If every person you run into talks about a Ron smear, then your job is done and be sure to let the campaign know about it so they are at least aware.

JK/SEA
02-24-2008, 02:21 AM
How do you fight this question when it comes up?

OK..here's what i did at my caucus when a McCain supporter brought it up.

I cut him off in mid sentence in front of the entire caucus, and bellowed to this 'gentleman' so EVERYONE could hear...THATS A LIE!..he said no it isn't...i bellowed back...its a SMEAR AND YOU KNOW IT SIR! (pointing my finger at him)...he shook my hand at the end of our caucus.

I am a RON PAUL precint county Delegate from the State of Washington. My son is the alternate.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-24-2008, 09:35 AM
it seems alot of people (that ive come across) think ron paul is a racist...

Most people I've come accross have never heard of Ron Paul. At least in my experience, this isn't something that comes up often, and hasn't done a thing to deter me from talking to people.

As far as the constitution goes, it's either the law or it's not. If it's not the law, let's decide what is because we all deserve easily understood and fair laws. I don't find many people who'd like to argue against that.