PDA

View Full Version : A Revolution Betrayed-DC march being sabotaged?

y2quest
02-23-2008, 10:34 AM
The problem with the grassroots is they
listen to people like the granny warriors "which I am boycotting for
interfering with Ron's wishes and trying to discredit him and
his staff, by trying to make his march idea their own" who have no
clue about the process and think that they know more than a politician
of 20 years knows. None of us know what Ron has encountered in his run
and yet people with very little knowledge of the process try to out
think the man and his campaign. The best thing for us to do now is try to
help him keep his seat on the Hill. He was told his seat was safe by
his opponent if he was campaigning for the Presidency and the neo-con
prick went back on his word and ran against him. This left the Campaign
scrambling in many different ways and to their credit they have not done
a bad job with what they have been handed. If we want to get pissed
lets stop blaming the campaign, stop listening to unqualified people like
the granny warriors, and work on the vote fraud. He did win states and
finished higher than most in others but we were robbed of this. The
recounts were bogus so did the campaign do that bad or were we just
robbed? Most of all lets start listening to Ron Paul again. He is securing a
date for the march in June, possibly constitution day but I am not
sure. Please do not undermine the movement by going to the granny march.
This will only make us look like idiots with a poor turnout at both. The
media will surely cover how the Revolution has failed if this happens.
I beg you to contact the granny warriors and tell them to stop
undermining the movement with their own agendas. Boycott them and stop
supporting them. These people started out as advertisers and have tried to
take over the Ron Paul Revolution and go against Ron's own wishes
consistently with no credibility. I have had several people tell me they act as
if they are planted by the neo-cons to disrupt the movement. You
Decide. Here is what she posted on the site below:

March for Freedom
written by LINDA HUNNICUTT, February 21, 2008

"I realize that not everyone will be able to attend this march in April
but... later in the summer will be too late. the ranks are already
falling apart from the lack of leadership from the National HQ. Their
wasteful expenditure of moneys donated with no results and callous, arrogant
and rude treatment of many of the grassroots people."

Well, I guess somebody did not kiss her butt at HQ and now the 70 year
old granny wants revenge. And how does she think we did not get
results? The ranks are falling apart due to her intervention and she is
wasting moneys donated to her to disrupt this movement. Oh and she agrees
that many will not be able to make it on this date. She is consistently
negative about Ron's campaign and pro granny. Maybe they were callous to
the granny because she is ruining their campaign and the revolution.

http://www.restoretherepublic.com/content/view/444/71/

Just my opinion,

IPSecure
02-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Just wait until Dr. Paul sets the date, you will see a massive movement regardless of the naysayers!

Just Say Nay To The Naysayers I Say!

molly_pitcher
02-23-2008, 11:44 AM
I didn't know the Grannies were causing such a guffaw... probably because I have ignored them.

Agent CSL
02-23-2008, 01:33 PM
I agree 100%

When I heard about the Grannies doing this I got really, really upset. They're creating a split in the Revolution movement and it's probably by design. I think the Ron Paul HQ didn't do a very good job but that part is OVER. It's over, done, let's not cry about it, let's learn from it and see if we can't help the HQ go another way. There's no need to discredit the HQ (and by consequence, Ron Paul) and then split the movement because they're pissed off.

JiMMy_247
02-23-2008, 02:11 PM
I didn't know the Grannies were causing such a guffaw... probably because I have ignored them.

I really didn't either, for the same reason... until i read this today:

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/39670

While i was reading it i got sent a message regarding more negativity and confusion that was stirred up by this old lady with a messiah complex. I didn't know they were the ones behind this Pre-March-March, spreading around that the date was set for April 15. We should do what we can to help HQ get out a date before this nonsense escalates any further, while helping others to understand this is just one person undermining the efforts of Ron Paul, HQ and the Grassroots as a whole-for the sake of ego. This march is extremely important and if this continues... well i don't know how this will go but it cant be good.

Luft97
02-23-2008, 02:14 PM
The problem with the grassroots is they
listen to people like the granny warriors "which I am boycotting for
interfering with Ron's wishes and trying to discredit him and
his staff, by trying to make his march idea their own" who have no
clue about the process and think that they know more than a politician
of 20 years knows. None of us know what Ron has encountered in his run
and yet people with very little knowledge of the process try to out
think the man and his campaign. The best thing for us to do now is try to
help him keep his seat on the Hill. He was told his seat was safe by
his opponent if he was campaigning for the Presidency and the neo-con
prick went back on his word and ran against him. This left the Campaign
scrambling in many different ways and to their credit they have not done
a bad job with what they have been handed. If we want to get pissed
lets stop blaming the campaign, stop listening to unqualified people like
the granny warriors, and work on the vote fraud. He did win states and
finished higher than most in others but we were robbed of this. The
recounts were bogus so did the campaign do that bad or were we just
robbed? Most of all lets start listening to Ron Paul again. He is securing a
date for the march in June, possibly constitution day but I am not
sure. Please do not undermine the movement by going to the granny march.
This will only make us look like idiots with a poor turnout at both. The
media will surely cover how the Revolution has failed if this happens.
I beg you to contact the granny warriors and tell them to stop
undermining the movement with their own agendas. Boycott them and stop
supporting them. These people started out as advertisers and have tried to
take over the Ron Paul Revolution and go against Ron's own wishes
consistently with no credibility. I have had several people tell me they act as
if they are planted by the neo-cons to disrupt the movement. You
Decide. Here is what she posted on the site below:

March for Freedom
written by LINDA HUNNICUTT, February 21, 2008

"I realize that not everyone will be able to attend this march in April
but... later in the summer will be too late. the ranks are already
falling apart from the lack of leadership from the National HQ. Their
wasteful expenditure of moneys donated with no results and callous, arrogant
and rude treatment of many of the grassroots people."

Well, I guess somebody did not kiss her butt at HQ and now the 70 year
old granny wants revenge. And how does she think we did not get
results? The ranks are falling apart due to her intervention and she is
wasting moneys donated to her to disrupt this movement. Oh and she agrees
that many will not be able to make it on this date. She is consistently
negative about Ron's campaign and pro granny. Maybe they were callous to
the granny because she is ruining their campaign and the revolution.

http://www.restoretherepublic.com/content/view/444/71/

Just my opinion,

Hmm, I think maybe you are the one here with sabotage in mind? You are trying to stir up the "Summer Vacation" crowd again are you? 4 Posts and ALL of them are on this subject as to why we should not have a rally during the primary season. Tell me I am wrong.

All Seeing Eye
02-23-2008, 03:36 PM
The April 15th date was already set for another march to protest the Fed and the IRS as it is the day the IRS came into being. This is an international effort that was conceived before Ron ever mentioned a march for his supporters.

Let them be, this has no impact on anyone else and those who choose to march fo this cause have every right to do so, and if they can promote Ron Paul whilst doing so be it. I don't get why everyone is so pissed.

NeoRayden
02-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Revolutionmarch.com is trying to do the same. They say it was their Idea.

ronpaulhawaii
02-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Revolutionmarch.com is trying to do the same. They say it was their Idea.

Well... they were setting one up. When RP made his announcement they got behind him. While the idea has been debated since last summer, RMs effort was the first to gain steam. I'd have to give them some credit in this...

JimInNY
02-23-2008, 04:05 PM
When Ron Does set a date, I do have a little experience from way back, in getting a DC Mall rally organized.

I don't have any contact info for DC any more, but I do know some of the hurdles we need to jump. One of the biggest, and toughest, is, believe it or not, providing porta jons for the anticipated crowd. We will need a lot of those things and they are pricey.

If we get a permit for say 500k people, we will need something like 1000 porta jons, and a certain % have to be handicapped accessible.

y2quest
02-24-2008, 02:04 AM
Hmm, I think maybe you are the one here with sabotage in mind? You are trying to stir up the "Summer Vacation" crowd again are you? 4 Posts and ALL of them are on this subject as to why we should not have a rally during the primary season. Tell me I am wrong.

stirring up the summer vacation crowd? I'm trying to sabotage things?(didn't know i had that much influence to sabotage things) what the hell are you talking about!? and what the hell do you care if i wrote 4 posts on this subject? are stalking me on here ? Right now the march is a big issue for me and concern. I'm not trying to stir up any body or anything it's called giving my opinion! and if I want to give MY OPINION MORE THAN ONCE ON THE SAME SUBJECT, I CAN DO THAT! and WHY DO YOU CARE! I can go to the march whenever so I'm not someone trying to push a summer date, and I don't care if the rally is during primary season! It just really, really upset me to see the revolution being split in two! and I posted my opinion because I really wanted to try and convince people who were actually thinking about going to the rally on 4/15 to not go and wait for the campaign to set a date.

If you ask me the campaign should put up a poll on Ronpaul2008.com put up 3 or 4 different dates let the grassroots vote on it then that way no one can complain and their wouldn't be all this confusion about the dates and the granny's:confused: wouldn't have a chance to try and force a date on everyone.

Iconoclast777
02-24-2008, 01:57 PM
yes

flames2dust77
02-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Yes, the whole April 15th march is causing confusion for some ppl who think it's the RP rally....but I hear this has been in the works for a bit. So...I say...have the friggin' march on April 15th. THEN, it will satisfy and make the ppl who are complaining about a summer march shut the hell up. Dude, the whining is getting unbearable. Please, please, please...go march with the grannies in April...then SHUT UP and leave the rest of us to plan out our silly summer march. I can't even be nice about it; that's how irritated I am.

scotto2008
02-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Maybe the April 15 march would be good practice. I've never marched on Washington, so I don't have a clue what's involved. Go to both marches. What the hell, let's march every day.

RlxdN10sity
02-24-2008, 11:10 PM
Screw'em, I'm going on the day that RP says to go, even if its just my Mom and I. She's pretty excited about it, as am I. It would be nice if they could go ahead and announce though.

jmdrake
02-25-2008, 02:54 PM
Ok. I've got to say this. It's sad that we are quibbling over a march period. Stone me for saying this but neither march is going to save the country or get Ron Paul the nomination (which would save the country). There's still a campaign going on and still precincts that have no precinct captain. (We were originally supposed to have 180,000, then 25,000 BEFORE super tuesday. We still don't have 20,000 precinct captains). People are trying to micro control the message. (One of the arguments against April 15th was that this would be seen as an "anti-tax" march. Ummm....isn't abolishing the IRS a major part of Ron Paul's platform?) I will be doing something on April 15th pro Ron Paul and I will be doing something on whatever date eventually gets named pro Ron Paul. I'll find my own little way to support BOTH marches. But a march just isn't going to win the country back. IMHO the "takeovers of the republican party" that I've seen reported from various states are FAR more important. But stuff like this has the ability to capture the imagination. I guess that's why it gets so much attention.

Regards,

John M. Drake

wowabunga
02-25-2008, 02:59 PM
There's still a campaign going on and still precincts that have no precinct captain. (We were originally supposed to have 180,000, then 25,000 BEFORE super tuesday. We still don't have 20,000 precinct captains).

Mr Drake you are an inspiration. So much work still to be done here in our back yards. So many people yet to awaken.

bradmonteath
02-25-2008, 04:49 PM
An April 15th march is obviously an anti-IRS march. If people are marching with a Constitution, then obviously people believe that paying income taxes is unconstitutional. A suggestion was made regarding the signing of blank tax returns and turning these to the IRS in protest (as far as I know that's legal). RP HQ poo-pooed that plan--whatever. I guess people will do what they decide is right.

A lot of people can't make the march. So what of it? Who says there only has to be just one march? Most students don't pay income tax anyway. If you can't be there in person, be there in spirit. Support the Grannies as they carry the Flag, for one day it will be your turn.

I'm sure the Grannies would not refuse an on-line petition in opposition to the IRS. I humbly suggest that we quit harping on what we can't do and start imagining what we can do. Frankly, I would like to march to the White House with a letter of Impeachment signed by a million people.

RP declared a revolution, but the revolt has not yet begun.

One Nation, One Constitution, One Freedom!

Agent CSL
02-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Ok. I've got to say this. It's sad that we are quibbling over a march period. Stone me for saying this but neither march is going to save the country or get Ron Paul the nomination (which would save the country). There's still a campaign going on and still precincts that have no precinct captain. (We were originally supposed to have 180,000, then 25,000 BEFORE super tuesday. We still don't have 20,000 precinct captains). People are trying to micro control the message. (One of the arguments against April 15th was that this would be seen as an "anti-tax" march. Ummm....isn't abolishing the IRS a major part of Ron Paul's platform?) I will be doing something on April 15th pro Ron Paul and I will be doing something on whatever date eventually gets named pro Ron Paul. I'll find my own little way to support BOTH marches. But a march just isn't going to win the country back. IMHO the "takeovers of the republican party" that I've seen reported from various states are FAR more important. But stuff like this has the ability to capture the imagination. I guess that's why it gets so much attention.

Regards,

John M. Drake
I'm going to make a statement soon and mention this.

flames2dust77
02-25-2008, 06:44 PM

Regards,

John M. Drake

Indeed.

hotbrownsauce
02-26-2008, 02:55 AM
Let them go, I just hope they are going to go with the official campaign too. (Twice)

faithhopelovep91
02-28-2008, 09:23 PM
I've been planning to go to Ron Paul's rally since it was announced. I've been hoping for an event like this since August. In my mind all along it would be a grassroots thing, as most everything else for the campaign has been. However, when I heard Ron Paul was working on it, I immediately decided my family would go. Then...... when I heard about the buses being filled to go to the Grannies protest, I decided to see if I could fill one in my area.

It's not complicated. If you want to go, go. If you don't want to go, don't. We do not need Ron Paul's permission to spread the truth in whatever manner we wish. That's what this whole thing is about. FREEDOM!

If people weren't arguing, this wouldn't be a big deal. People would just go...... OR NOT.

Let's remember that we all are labeling various activities in our meetup groups etc., as "Ron Paul" _______ (fill in the blank). That doesn't mean that Ron Paul gave his blessing. It means it's to promote Ron Paul and more importantly his MESSAGE. It's all about the MESSAGE - PLEASE DONT LOSE SIGHT OF THAT!!

One last thing. Unless you've walked a mile in somebody's shoes, don't say anything bad about them please. In my opinion, Granny Linda should have worded her announcement of the Freedom Rally better - nicely. I'm not writing her off for that. Look at all she's done so far. I don't know what exactly led her to 'lash out', and I doubt any of you were there for it.

I guess many of you have nothing better to do since your primaries are over. We've still got our to go here in MS, so we're still chomping at the bit, ready for anything.

Peace to all,
Erin

Joseph Hart
02-28-2008, 10:44 PM
jesus fucking christ, where are the moderators? Delete these threads asap! Theres a march, stop trolling.

GayRPFan
02-28-2008, 11:39 PM
jesus fucking christ, where are the moderators? Delete these threads asap! Theres a march, stop trolling.

Why delete them its good reading! Besides there room for all kinds of marches like there's room for all kinds of Moneybombs.
jesus...chill out dude.....

Anti Federalist
02-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Maybe the April 15 march would be good practice. I've never marched on Washington, so I don't have a clue what's involved. Go to both marches. What the hell, let's march every day.

For real.

Hell there are enough dates in the year, both infamous and not, to march every day for freedom if we wanted to.

But I will say this, marches are, for the most part, ineffective, no matter how many show up.

Over a million people took to the streets at the RNC 2004 to protest the Iraq war.

It barely got covered in the media and certainly didn't change the fedgovs policy or direction one iota.

wowabunga
02-29-2008, 09:03 AM
There's still a campaign going on and still precincts that have no precinct captain. (We were originally supposed to have 180,000, then 25,000 BEFORE super tuesday. We still don't have 20,000 precinct captains).

The "grass roots" challenge of the week... Let us all make a goal to fill all 180,000 precint positions ( as we've been directed to do ) before we go off and march and enjoy the mini vacationi. With 180,000 filled positions we could march into Washington DC with big smiles on our faces.

As jmdrake states... and I agree, I can't see walking off the job here in Missouri and spend hundreds of dollars (supporting big oil) to travel to DC.

Take this challenge, and step up a level, and when we get all the positions filled I'll GLADLY march on DC. My folks live in Maryland, I'll rent a bus here in Missouri and will pack the bus with people, sleep for free... and mom makes great apple pies.

Back to work...

belian78
02-29-2008, 11:49 AM
For real.

Hell there are enough dates in the year, both infamous and not, to march every day for freedom if we wanted to.

But I will say this, marches are, for the most part, ineffective, no matter how many show up.

Over a million people took to the streets at the RNC 2004 to protest the Iraq war.

It barely got covered in the media and certainly didn't change the fedgovs policy or direction one iota.

can you please tell the people screaming about having our march on the RNC this? i'v tried as well.