PDA

View Full Version : Why does the GOP want Juan over Ron?

Join The Paul Side
02-23-2008, 09:56 AM
If you Google "John McCain" and click the "News" tab you may be as delighted as I am to see all the hit pieces on McHypocrite floating around on the internet today.

On news stations you may see desperate conservatives and neo-con trash trying to defend Ol' Juan from the New York Times article. People say that the NYT should never have even come out with it, but I commend them for it since Newsweek and the Washington Post are now putting McAmnesty's integrity under a microscope and exposing the 'straight talker" as a double talking, pandering, lobbyist favoring politician.

Now he is trying to get out of public funding and the FEC is telling him "not so fast, my friend" (Pun intended). :D

So my question is, what posseses the thinking of the GOP to not get behind Ron Paul, a man of true conservative values and integrity, but instead prop up this snake politician that will most certainly deliver them defeat in the general election? Please help me understand the mentality of these idiots.

:cool:

Richie
02-23-2008, 09:57 AM
But but but... the Moslems will kill us!

pacelli
02-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Because they want a McClunk so they can sandbag the (s)election to Hillaroid.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Because the term "stupid party" is apparently true.

RonPaulFever
02-23-2008, 10:09 AM
But but but... the Moslems will kill us!

Indeed. If Ron Paul becomes president then we'll have more Iraqis flying planes into buildings

wd4freedom
02-23-2008, 10:30 AM
Power.

Truth Warrior
02-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Because the GOP views McCain as being much less of a "maverick" than they do Ron, when it comes to toeing to the party line.<IMHO>

kathy88
02-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Greed.

jkm1864
02-23-2008, 10:37 AM
Because the election is a side show the Rich elite has provided for us to think we actually have a choice. Now we know that the choice is a farce and that the real people in power are stealing us blind.

Join The Paul Side
02-23-2008, 11:58 AM
I'll just settle for all of the above. :rolleyes:

abe447
02-23-2008, 12:08 PM
Because he's the Republicans best hope to retain the White House. McCain appeals to moderates and independents and that may work against liberal Obama. There weren't very many good options for Republicans this year, so they chose John McCain in hopes that he'd be able to win the general election. I don't think it matters who they put up though, the democrats will win in November.

Richie
02-23-2008, 12:20 PM
the democrats will win in November.

+1 And they will win in a landslide.

Join The Paul Side
02-23-2008, 12:33 PM
+1 And they will win in a landslide.

I agree, especially if the truth about this lying scumbag keeps coming out. Check out this article and video. It shows that McScum has 59 lobbyists working for his campaign to raise his money when he says, "I'm the only one the special interests don't give any money to."

http://www.alternet.org/blogs/election08/77541/

What a jerk! :mad:

smartguy911
02-23-2008, 12:43 PM
GOP doesn't want to win.. they want the election to go to a democrat, so they can be blamed for economy, war etc. If Ron Paul gets the nomination, we know there is a high chance Republican might win the election.