PDA

View Full Version : RP inspires Teen to Run for City Office

Adam Smith
02-23-2008, 09:35 AM
I want to see more of us be brave like this kid is.

http://danielhorak.com/

Quote:

"I got fed up with all of the permits and regulations in my city. After listening to all of Ron Paul's views on a smaller government that gives the power to the people, I have decided to run for City Commissioner. Thank you for your inspiration Ron Paul!"

Sorry if someone's already posted, but since his chip-in is low I didn't think you guys had seen it yet.

yongrel
02-23-2008, 09:41 AM
haha, that's awesome.

kathy88
02-23-2008, 10:41 AM
GO HORAK! That's excellent.

Richie
02-23-2008, 10:43 AM
That's awesome! How old is he?

rodent
02-23-2008, 10:44 AM

Quote:

"I got fed up with all of the permits and regulations in my city. After listening to all of Ron Paul's views on a smaller government that gives the power to the people, I have decided to run for City Commissioner. Thank you for your inspiration Ron Paul!"

Sorry if someone's already posted, but since his chip-in is low I didn't think you guys had seen it yet.

If this guy has a good character, he is hope for America.

heartless
02-23-2008, 10:58 AM
bump

JimInNY
02-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Oppose Developers That Do Not Have the Best Interest of Residents in Mind
Promote "Green-Space" in New Developement

He doesn't sound very Ron Paulish to me.

yongrel
02-23-2008, 11:27 AM
He's 19.

Kludge
02-23-2008, 11:34 AM
"

Propose Term Limits for City Commissioners
Work to Revitalize Our Treasured Beachfront
Encourage Residents to be More Involved in Local Issues
Oppose Developers That Do Not Have the Best Interest of Residents in Mind
Promote "Green-Space" in New Developement"=/ He seems like a constitutionalist, not a Ron Paul Republican.

RonPaulCentral
02-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Heh... gave the kid $25 -- good luck to him.

yongrel
02-23-2008, 12:22 PM
EDIT: It's the local level, so no worries.

SwanMaiden
02-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Good for him! This is what it's all about people!!:D

Alvination
02-23-2008, 01:18 PM
Just to be clear, what's the diff between a Constitutionalist and a RP Republican?

RforRevolution
02-23-2008, 01:34 PM
^^I'm curious to know that as well.

Soccrmastr
02-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Awesome. I am planning on running once I am old enough (only 15 now.) I hope everyone donates to him :) .

Soccrmastr
02-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Just to be clear, what's the diff between a Constitutionalist and a RP Republican?

RP Republican is more issues/stances than just following the constitution. Like war on drugs, foreign policy, welfare, etc.

Verad
02-23-2008, 01:59 PM
The national and state park system is one of the few things that I actually like about government, though ideally the parks would be owned and operated by people who care about the environment. With regard to Pompano Beach, if the people of Pompano Beach want more green space, and Daniel Horak is able to promote the addition of more green space in a way that does not violate property rights (i.e. landowners are not forced to give up land by eminent domain, but rather sell the appropriate land at an appropriate price by their own free will), how is this antithetical to the philosophy of a strictly limited Federal government? Amendment 10 reserves all rights not granted to the federal government to the states, or to the people.

SwanMaiden
02-23-2008, 02:07 PM
The national and state park system is one of the few things that I actually like about government, though ideally the parks would be owned and operated by people who care about the environment. With regard to Pompano Beach, if the people of Pompano Beach want more green space, and Daniel Horak is able to promote the addition of more green space in a way that does not violate property rights (i.e. landowners are not forced to give up land by eminent domain, but rather sell the appropriate land at an appropriate price by their own free will), how is this antithetical to the philosophy of a strictly limited Federal government? Amendment 10 reserves all rights not granted to the federal government to the states, or to the people.

QFT

cien750hp
02-23-2008, 02:12 PM

exactly. this guy is not running for president or congress, he isn't trying to rule the federal government. at the state/local levels you can do whatever you want, so long as it does not violate the constitution.

kigol
02-23-2008, 03:30 PM
very :cool:

Ex Post Facto
02-23-2008, 03:39 PM
This is what the Revolution is all about.

misconstrued
02-23-2008, 03:52 PM

Well said....

berrybunches
02-23-2008, 06:20 PM

Also agree with this one. If I ran I would promote green energy and green space programs for my local government. People are sadly mistaken if they think we live above the natural community. I love animals and trees so much I cry over them. I am a Ron Paul republican and hold these beliefs.

LandonCook
02-23-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:

Hey! lol... I think im going to match him... I'm not going to be outdone! lol

Btw, he doesn't look 19. It never says he is it just says "He has been a District 3 resident for over 19 years. Daniel graduated from Deerfield Beach High School and has become the youngest airline captain at his company as well as one of the youngest captains in the United States. " I've been a resident of my district for 15 years... dosen't mean im 15.

Still good work though!

Fields
02-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Good for him.

LandonCook
02-23-2008, 09:00 PM
bump

itshappening
02-23-2008, 09:37 PM
this is great! support his political career, he could be a congressman in future years... etc..

Agent CSL
02-23-2008, 09:53 PM
He looks about 30. O.o
But, awesome!

Kludge
02-24-2008, 10:34 AM

A constitutionalist believes that the constitution needs to be upheld. The party focuses strongly on civil liberties protected in the Bill of Rights. They feel that taxes should be radically lowered. However, on their economic policy, it seems they'd like to lower taxes while very slowly cutting programs without care to the national debt which is quickly becoming the majority of where our tax money goes. They also advocate against the total legalization of marijuana.

Many people run under the Constitutionalist name, but don't support their platform (which is very frustrating). The points I listed earlier are in difference to both Libertarianism (or Ron Paul Republicanism) and the more-neo-liberal-leaning Constitutionalism.

Taxes are immoral. Mr. Horak appears to seek the increase of taxation to fund parks which not everyone can/will use. As such, he's committing aggression. Sure, it's a local and/or state matter... Doesn't mean it's moral. Anarchy is the only moral government system.

slamhead
02-24-2008, 10:49 AM
He doesn't sound very Ron Paulish to me.

Yes is contradictory with his platform of "Preserve Property Rights". Our city is facing the same issues with a developer of land that was zoned as open space. We just had a measure on the ballot and people voted against the developer.