PDA

View Full Version : digg this

beermotor
08-15-2007, 09:26 AM
http://digg.com/politics/Equal_Justice_Not_in_the_Fascist_States_of_America

THIS is what we are trying to change, folks ... this kind of attitude towards crime and punishment. We are living in some sort of horrible nightmare. It's amazing our country can even function these days.

I am baffled.

disinter
08-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Thanks! Dugg.

Mr. White
08-15-2007, 09:32 AM
While I do agree the War on Drugs is misguided, I immediately took offense to you referring to my country as the Fascist States of America. If you want people to read, try not to offend them before they get there. Interesting anecdotal evidence.

LibertyEagle
08-15-2007, 09:32 AM
Amazing.

Dugg.

mdh
08-15-2007, 09:33 AM
:(

beermotor
08-15-2007, 09:57 AM
While I do agree the War on Drugs is misguided, I immediately took offense to you referring to my country as the Fascist States of America. If you want people to read, try not to offend them before they get there. Interesting anecdotal evidence.

laf - sorry dude!

Gimme a break man.

Revolution9
08-15-2007, 09:58 AM

But there is a Fascist State Of America. It does not dwell on the land like the organic several states but is a quasi-legal fiction based on porojection of brute force and unreasoning punishment for the smallest mind infraction and to loose true psychopaths on the populace.. The job of the organic states is to kick the snot out of and remove theofascist states from amongst those dwelling on the land.

best Regards
Randy

Mr. White
08-15-2007, 10:01 AM
No problem guys, just thought this was a ron paul for president forum, so I thought you might want to cater a bit more to the mainstream when writing things. Not necessarrily in the content, which has a lot of merit, but the tone of words used.

disinter
08-15-2007, 10:04 AM
I immediately took offense to you referring to my country as the Fascist States of America.

Poor baby. Should he have given you a lollipop?

I liked it! It makes the correct point.

Patriot
08-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Interesting anecdotal evidence.

an·ec·dot·al (ān'ĭk-dōt'l) Pronunciation Key
adj.

1. also an·ec·dot·ic (-dŏt'ĭk) or an·ec·dot·i·cal (-ĭ-kəl) Of, characterized by, or full of anecdotes.
2. Based on casual observations or indications rather than rigorous or scientific analysis.

I think these are more than just anecdotes.

JoshLowry
08-15-2007, 10:10 AM
Poor baby. Should he have given you a lollipop?

I liked it! It makes the correct point.

Your sassiness does not help the forums.

Please don't post unless you want to contribute something of value to a thread.

Mr. White
08-15-2007, 10:12 AM
an·ec·dote (ān'ĭk-dōt') Pronunciation Key
n.
A short account of an interesting or humorous incident.

Which is precisely what that article has. EXTREME examples of the War on Drugs going astray.

beermotor
08-15-2007, 10:22 AM
an·ec·dote (ān'ĭk-dōt') Pronunciation Key
n.
A short account of an interesting or humorous incident.

Which is precisely what that article has. EXTREME examples of the War on Drugs going astray.

Where has the war on drugs NOT gone astray?

And, Josh, I respectfully disagree, I like disinter's sassiness!

CurtisLow
08-15-2007, 10:25 AM
Nuts!

Mr. White
08-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Sigh, you know what I meant.

I will no longer point out anything that will alienate mainstream America. Drive away your target audience and write little articles for each other all you want. People are so excited to get attention for there pet projects that they forget the point of this campagin.

beermotor
08-15-2007, 10:31 AM

I will no longer point out anything that will alienate mainstream America. Drive away your target audience and write little articles for each other all you want. People are so excited to get attention for there pet projects that they forget the point of this campagin.

Your point is well taken. I hardly think my title will drive away digg users. I'm not pitching this to your local Church of Christ potluck or Quilting Club or something.

disinter
08-15-2007, 10:33 AM
Your sassiness does not help the forums.

Please don't post unless you want to contribute something of value to a thread.

I did, I said: "I liked it! It makes the correct point."

Can you read? Don't attack me for "sassiness" when the vast majority of the posters on here do the same.

disinter
08-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Your point is well taken. I hardly think my title will drive away digg users. I'm not pitching this to your local Church of Christ potluck or Quilting Club or something.

Mr. White has a record of attempting to suppress anything he disagrees with. It is very anti-freedom, and quite frankly anti-Paul of him.

Mr. White
08-15-2007, 10:37 AM
I actually only give my opinion.

NoxTwilight
08-15-2007, 10:37 AM

You should take offense and I think you make a good point. Have you watched Aaron Russo's film America: From Freedom to Fascism? If you haven't, please do. I think it would help you to understand why some of us have little doubt that our country is becoming Fascist. Dr Paul is interviewed extensively in this film.

You can watch it online at Google. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173&q=america+from+freedom+to+fascism&total=817&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0)

Mr. White
08-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Oh I hear ya. I just feel that most people who would understand the fascist remark are much more likely to have heard of ron paul.

Kuldebar
08-15-2007, 10:40 AM

"Mainstream America" can hardly tell the difference between freedom and coercion anymore.

So, I have a feeling that they will be alienated by all sorts of things.

Really, thinking requires some effort, it's true. But out of all the candidates in both parties, Ron Paul is the most documented, self-published, on the record candidate running.

And all of this can be found free of charge via the internet in audio, video and text form.

We are building momentum, but we need to attract supporters that aren't adverse to thinking because these type of supporters stand firm.

I compare this to a near religious experience, the person has to want to be saved.

If they think things are fine and dandy...well, you realize how hard it is to counter that state of mind? In fact, you are just a threat to them by trying to do so.

M.Bellmore
08-15-2007, 11:15 AM
"Mainstream America" can hardly tell the difference between freedom and coercion anymore.

So, I have a feeling that they will be alienated by all sorts of things.

Really, thinking requires some effort, it's true. But out of all the candidates in both parties, Ron Paul is the most documented, self-published, on the record candidate running.

And all of this can be found free of charge via the internet in audio, video and text form.

We are building momentum, but we need to attract supporters that aren't adverse to thinking because these type of supporters stand firm.

I compare this to a near religious experience, the person has to want to be saved.

If they think things are fine and dandy...well, you realize how hard it is to counter that state of mind? In fact, you are just a threat to them by trying to do so.

I agree. While it's nice to go round and round on topics of interest to already converted Ron Paul supporters, I am more interested in how to reach those who are not, don't view youtube, don't even use the internet much other than to read CNN, google news, and read email, and maybe watch reality TV or football -- not that I do any of those things :D

BTW, I think "digg this" to every Ron Paul article is probably a mistake. You've gotten everyone who wants to hear about Ron Paul on digg and they seem increasingly hostile. If it's a generic politic piece that happens to mention Ron Paul in a good light, great. If it's a "Ron Paul up in polls from 2% to 2.1%' Then please stop.

= Mark

beermotor
08-15-2007, 11:19 AM
I agree. While it's nice to go round and round on topics of interest to already converted Ron Paul supporters, I am more interested in how to reach those who are not, don't view youtube, don't even use the internet much other than to read CNN, google news, and read email, and maybe watch reality TV or football -- not that I do any of those things :D

BTW, I think "digg this" to every Ron Paul article is probably a mistake. You've gotten everyone who wants to hear about Ron Paul on digg and they seem increasingly hostile. If it's a generic politic piece that happens to mention Ron Paul in a good light, great. If it's a "Ron Paul up in polls from 2% to 2.1%' Then please stop.

= Mark

This piece had nothing to do with Ron Paul. No way, no how. Did you read it??

Richard in Austin
08-15-2007, 11:27 AM
The 'War on (some) Drugs' is being used as an excuse to steal property.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, reserach 'Civil Asset Forfeiture'.

Civil Asset Forfeiture has turned police agencies into bands of armed robbers. It's part of the Fascist Sates of America that needs to be corrected.

Dugg the article, BTW.

mavtek
08-15-2007, 11:33 AM
dugg

4Horsemen
08-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Tony Montana is in the mountains of Pakistan smoking a blunt with OBL. :)