PDA

View Full Version : WHY is the campaign turning down a chance to expose Hillary??

devil21
02-23-2008, 03:28 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/5563703.html

But only Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton and Paul, a congressman from Lake Jackson, had agreed to attend the event. And rather than debate, the candidates were to speak separately hours apart.

"Since it's no longer a debate, Ron is going to stay in Washington and make his votes," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said.

Clinton, as of late Friday, was still scheduled to attend.

This makes no sense to me. If RP and HRC are the only ones to attend and speak, why would the campaign NOT take this opportunity to contrast itself? Everywhere Hillary goes the media will follow. I dont get this at all!!

lynnf
02-23-2008, 03:35 AM

This makes no sense to me. If RP and HRC are the only ones to attend and speak, why would the campaign NOT take this opportunity to contrast itself? Everywhere Hillary goes the media will follow. I dont get this at all!!

are you kidding? it's no longer a debate! just a pseudo- press conference, and we all know the press ignores Ron Paul. I suspect that he figures it would be better to take care of other more pressing business, either in Washington or helping some of the many Ron Paul candidates that are trying to get elected at lower levels.

lynn

bc2208
02-23-2008, 03:37 AM
or helping some of the many Ron Paul candidates that are trying to get elected at lower levels.

lynn

Such as Ron Paul.

devil21
02-23-2008, 03:41 AM
Such as Ron Paul.

Exactly! It's still right in his bread basket, both national and local. Half the presidential battle has been getting any national press within spitting distance of Paul, and now the campaign backs out of a chance to have gobs of press nearby???

EDIT: I am now in the official camp that the campaign staff is full of bullshit quitters and only wants to retain their jobs as congressional staff.

bc2208
02-23-2008, 03:49 AM
Exactly! It's still right in his bread basket, both national and local. Half the presidential battle has been getting any national press within spitting distance of Paul, and now the campaign backs out of a chance to have gobs of press nearby???

EDIT: I am now in the official camp that the campaign staff is full of bullshit quitters and only wants to retain their jobs as congressional staff.

I was actually referring to the fact that he has an extremely important congressional primary to win on March 4th.

Shink
02-23-2008, 03:52 AM
This was never going to be a debate. The first post I saw on it awhile back had one line most didn't catch saying that most candidates 'couldn't particpate in a debate format' AKA are scared shitless of Ron and therefore it would just be 2 separate addresses. We KNOW Ron would never make it to national air like that.

devil21
02-23-2008, 03:56 AM
I was actually referring to the fact that he has an extremely important congressional primary to win on March 4th.

Ah yes, thats the spirit. Forego an opportunity to possibly gain national coverage in TX in favor of the congressional seat. I could drive RP from his home to that friggin speech for $30 and two hours of my time. Gimme a break. I guess Benton can't be bothered.

Steve_New_Jersey
02-23-2008, 03:56 AM
They would never let RP near Clinton or Obama. He would destroy them. Just look at the fuss they all made about the MTV debate. It was totaly catered so there was NO debate. I am so utterly sick to my stomache of this BS I can barely bother to read it anymore. RP is by far the worste public speaker up there atm and he still destroyes them all in every debate.

devil21
02-23-2008, 03:59 AM
This was never going to be a debate. The first post I saw on it awhile back had one line most didn't catch saying that most candidates 'couldn't particpate in a debate format' AKA are scared shitless of Ron and therefore it would just be 2 separate addresses. We KNOW Ron would never make it to national air like that.

So the solution is to bitch up and not even try to take advantage of the hordes of media that will follow HRC everywhere? Nice plan, considering theres over 5 mill in the bank for president and 1 mill in the bank for congress.

coffeewithchess
02-23-2008, 04:01 AM
Ah yes, thats the spirit. Forego an opportunity to possibly gain national coverage in TX in favor of the congressional seat. I could drive RP from his home to that friggin speech for $30 and two hours of my time. Gimme a break. I guess Benton can't be bothered.

Benton is now working for the congressional staff...

devil21
02-23-2008, 04:02 AM
Benton is now working for the congressional staff...

Fuckin shocker.

Fields
02-23-2008, 04:02 AM

Welcome aboard chap! Glad to see you've seen the light unlike others who say that we are just quitters and bring negativity.

Shink
02-23-2008, 04:05 AM
So the solution is to bitch up and not even try to take advantage of the hordes of media that will follow HRC everywhere? Nice plan, considering theres over 5 mill in the bank for president and 1 mill in the bank for congress.

Dude, take out your pissfury on the campaign. Call them and scream. Sorry, but Ron would NOT get mainstream airtime at that forum. If you haven't noticed, the media have pronounced him out of the race. They won't backpedal. I want him to get coverage as much as anyone...but echo chamber BS won't cut it. He's going to have to kick McCain in the fucking clitoris on camera to get any mention on TV.

Banana
02-23-2008, 04:06 AM
Perhaps instead of bitching here, send a polite email to PCC and ask them kindly to reconsider or at least ask for an answer.

devil21
02-23-2008, 04:11 AM
Perhaps instead of bitching here, send a polite email to PCC and ask them kindly to reconsider or at least ask for an answer.

Why? I never got anywhere doing that from the beginning. No need for an answer because it's becoming entirely too obvious to anyone that has intimately followed the campaign for the last 6 months.

Banana
02-23-2008, 04:19 AM
Here's a legal maxim for you.

Failure to object is most fatal to the defense.

Just do it.

coffeewithchess
02-23-2008, 04:53 AM
Welcome aboard chap! Glad to see you've seen the light unlike others who say that we are just quitters and bring negativity.

I think this boat is getting a lot bigger...

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-23-2008, 05:07 AM

Because Clinton is weaker now in delegates than Obama. It really would help Barack to knock Clinton some more.

And all GOP candidates, including us, want Clinton in the general election.

The terms were probably bad or they didnt want to help Barack. Maybe Clinton backed out. Who knows really. Most things are not reported as what is happening backstage.

phixion
02-23-2008, 05:44 AM
Trust in Paul, for Gods sake.

It would be a waste of his time like the un-aired Larry King interview.

Pete

Thomas Paine
02-23-2008, 06:29 AM
Enjoy video of Hillary Clinton:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz0E7kx8Nac

LibertyEagle
02-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Seems a bit strange to me. I would imagine it would be heavily attended. It's in his own backyard and he has 2 upcoming primaries in Texas. On top of that, there is a small chance it will be nationally-televised.

Thomas Paine
02-23-2008, 07:55 AM
Once again, Jesse Benton has demonstrated his gross incompetence.

Feelgood
02-23-2008, 08:35 AM
Because RP has already given up on trying to win the Presidency, and would rather focus his attention on a Congress seat that means absolutely nothing. Unfortunately, while the grass roots were wortking hard to get him the nomination, he was never really in it to win it. As long as you leave yourself an out, keep a backdoor open, youre not committed as you should be. If he was serious about being our President, he would have resigned his House seat, burned that bridge, and put all his attention on running for President. I guarantee, if he had we would have seen a whole different RP out there in the debates, and in public in general. Too many here took their eye off the ball as RP did. It was never about a useless and worthless Congresssional seat, it was always about the Presidency. However, because so many here decided to divert their attention, and funds to a meaningless Congress run, we have all lost. Even if RP wins his Congress seat, we all lose. If RP does not get the nomination for Republican ticket, we all lose. All you who were so gung ho to get RP re-elected to Congress, pat yourselves on the back, you helped screw us all.

You people really need to wake up, and realize the storm that is coming. Our ENTIRE Congress, both the Senate and House mean nothing. In 2-3 years the Constitution will no longer exist, and the Congress will be dissolved. Good going people, and congrats on getting RP into a seat that will not exist a few years. Sure would be helpful if you people would wake up to what is coming...

Time to re-focus people. The hell with his House seat, get RP as our next President, or it is game over for all of us.

UnitedWeStand
02-23-2008, 08:58 AM
I'm also goig to write the campaign, the congressional campaign to plead with them to reconsider. Why=

1. The majority of the "energy" industry that will attend or care is based out of his district. e.g. oil and refinery plants, shipping and oil receiving etc, the scientific community of nasa etc.

Even if it gets no press, it will be a good opportunity to canvass those people!

***but***

If Ron Paul has said he needs to stay in congress to vote..perhaps he knows of something even more important that needs voting on.

devil21
02-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Because Clinton is weaker now in delegates than Obama. It really would help Barack to knock Clinton some more.

And all GOP candidates, including us, want Clinton in the general election.

The terms were probably bad or they didnt want to help Barack. Maybe Clinton backed out. Who knows really. Most things are not reported as what is happening backstage.

I dont see why Obama or Hillary would be an issue. Paul has to win the Republican nomination before he worries about who he is fighting in the general election. Anyway, I did email the campaign after I calmed down. If many people email then maybe they will reconsider. If it's only because of a vote in the House then it better be a real important bill on the floor.

EDIT: Why does the campaign site still list it as an event?

seeker1
02-23-2008, 03:15 PM

I joined the camp soon after Iowa. I'm just gifted with perception, I guess. Mostly the camp is deserted these days, we've been run off by the GOP loyalists.

Anyway, try to keep the fire going. :cool: