PDA

View Full Version : Deputy Tasers High School Student Despite Orders

NeoRayden
02-23-2008, 02:02 AM
Deputy Tasers High School Student Despite Orders

http://snafu-ed.blogspot.com/2008/02/deputy-tasers-high-school-student.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGP_e1HJ2B4

A minor altercation after a Maryland high school basketball game led to a student being tasered by a Queen Anne's County Sheriff's Deputy, despite orders by a superior officer against it.

The fight began when Brandon Bennett, a sophomore and Kent Island High School basketball player, was slapped in the face by another student. The two were separated by officials and students without much problem.

However, at that point, according to Julius Bennett, the student's father, Deputy Anthony Lenzi fired a Taser at his son after being told twice by a senior officer it was not necessary.

"He left two puncture wounds just above his heart in his chest," says Bennett. "And [Brandon] said to me that he was in quite a bit of pain because he could feel electric shocks going throughout his whole body."

The father says he has written proof Sgt. Mathew Kempel twice ordered Lenzi to holster the weapon. The statement reads "I told Deputy Anthony Lenzi not to taze Brandon."

Lenzi has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation.

Fields
02-23-2008, 04:11 AM
Gosh I'm starting to truly detest the use of tasers.

RideTheDirt
07-27-2008, 12:18 AM
It amazes me how far we have strayed from our roots. I pray to God that we; as Americans who love liberty, can truly revolutionize this world. I truly believe that IF we are committed, not only to Ron Paul, but to Our Ideals, that we will succeed. If we stray from the things we hold to be true or try to 'cheat' our way to top, we will fail.If we continue to educate the masses on our beliefs we WILL win. We will also be Heroes. Thank you all, and to President Bush: We ARE Liberating a country right now. Not Iraq; but The United States of America.Learn from us; because so far, we have done it through peaceful means.

Let it no be said the be did nothing.

kojirodensetsu
08-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Wow a little tussle and they break out the tasers?

GunnyFreedom
08-18-2008, 05:38 AM
He tazed his own son in the chest. To punish him. What kind of soul does that?

brandon
08-18-2008, 05:44 AM
He tazed his own son in the chest. To punish him. What kind of soul does that?

That's what I thought after reading the article too. I had to read it three more times before I realized it wasn't the kid's dad that tazed him.

The 3rd paragraph is written really poorly.

GunnyFreedom
08-18-2008, 05:58 AM
That's what I thought after reading the article too. I had to read it three more times before I realized it wasn't the kid's dad that tazed him.

Oh OK, I see it now. Yeah, clumsy syntax.

123tim
08-18-2008, 08:20 AM

Thanks for pointing this out. I've been wondering for weeks why a someone would taze their own son.

TheEvilDetector
08-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Thanks for pointing this out. I've been wondering for weeks why a someone would taze their own son.

Spare the taser, spoil the child.

RSLudlum
08-18-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm beginning to think we need an entire subforum in the "civil liberties" forum for Police Brutality/Excessive force...

Anybody else think so??