PDA

View Full Version : Greg Lewis for Congress needs your support

gregl26
02-23-2008, 01:30 AM
Hello my name is Greg Lewis and I am running for Congress in Florida's 8th district as a Ron Paul Republican. Please check out the site at www.GregLewisForCongress.com.

So few of our fellow Americans seem to understand the dangers we face. Yet we must take it upon ourselves to sound the alarm and right the course of this great nation.

This nation was born in defiance of tyranny. That struggle created a country that cherished its liberty above all for they understood that without freedom you have nothing. The founders wrote the constitution to defend those precious liberties.
Against the advice of the founders “we the people” became less vigilant and so government, which the constitution was meant to chain down, has ballooned into an unwieldy entity. It is our duty as members of the second American Revolution, the Ron Paul revolution, to take up the fight for liberty again.

The problems America faces are many; our national sovereignty is under attack, the patriot act threatens our very rights, the FED is de-valuing and destroying our currency, our borders are porous, and our economy is struggling, and all the while our troops are defending other nation’s borders and spending their dollars in other nation’s economies. We need those troops and those dollars to come home.

Our primary is over, so what can we do now? We must do what Ron Paul asked us to; continue this battle on all fronts. We must take over our local GOPs and run Ron Paul Republicans for office. It is with this in mind and humbleness in heart that I ask you all to support me for U.S. Congress.

During 1777 Washington’s army began to disperse when the terms of their service ended and they saw no hope of victory against the power of the British. They were starving, freezing, and had given up. Washington circulated Thomas Paine’s “The Crisis” which read; “THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman”

This inspired the hard-corps of the group to stay with Washington and they became the Continental Army.

Ron Paul is our Washington and I hope that all of you will volunteer to be his Continental Army.

We can take back our country, we will take back our liberties, and we must return government to the role of the servant and not the master!

We are not just running to run. We can win this. Only 40,000 people voted in the 2006 congressional primary. I am asking for the Ron Paul supporters around the nation to support this campaign. We are the boots on the ground here though and it will take all of our focus to win. I am not worried though; Ron Paul supporters are all whirlwinds of political activity. Please join our campaign so that we may get Ron Paul the much needed help he deserves in Washington.

Thank you all,

Greg Lewis