PDA

View Full Version : Grass roots falling apart.

klamath
08-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Judging by the tone of this forum the grass roots effort is tearing itself apart. Ever other thread is a fight here. I suspect that Jennifer has left the campaign and no telling how many other lurkers.
Start working with this phase as you will be hearing it a lot.

"Ms President"

mdh
08-15-2007, 09:03 AM
I would hope that Jennifer has not left, and I doubt that she has. Your post seems to dredge up crap without really acknowledging that so much positive is going on each and every day.

constituent
08-15-2007, 09:04 AM
klamath... i kinda had my suspicions...

as a matter of priniciple, i avoid reporting people... but posts like these, while patently false, are designed to do one thing....

and are often started by people new to the movement... maybe this isn't the case w/ you klamath... but your post count is pretty low... i think i'll check your hx before reporting this one, but i'm "sick and tired" of this crap.

Dustancostine
08-15-2007, 09:04 AM
She has not left I just talked to her about campus strategy at Texas A&M yesterday.

I will say that I think our board has been attacked by trolls with just the goal of causing division.

mdh
08-15-2007, 09:06 AM
She has not left I just talked to her about campus strategy at Texas A&M yesterday.

I will say that I think our board has been attacked by trolls with just the goal of causing division.

klamath's post seems to fall into that category. Hopefully he's just having a bad day and is taking it out on us, which is equally possible.

BLS
08-15-2007, 09:08 AM
i think i'll check your hx before reporting this one, but i'm "sick and tired" of this crap.

Have I started something. :confused:

specsaregood
08-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Well get involved locally then. Our local grassroots is Strong and getting stronger. People are actually getting involved.

I think what you are seeing is negative people and people with an agenda have taken notice.

This board is nothing in the grand scheme of the grassroots campaign. Just ignore the negative fear mongers; they are easy to identify.

constituent
08-15-2007, 09:10 AM
yes bls... a sick and tired movement... let's keep it going (shhhh... don't tell anyone though hehehe!)

HammerDR
^^^

RPF is not the "Grassroots"

The boots on the ground is the grassroots. This is just an extension of the movement. If this goes up in flames... it'll be a loss but not to the destruction of the grassroot supporters.

mdh
klamath... i kinda had my suspicions...

as a matter of priniciple, i avoid reporting people... but posts like these, while patently false, are designed to do one thing....

and are often started by people new to the movement... maybe this isn't the case w/ you klamath... but your post count is pretty low... i think i'll check your hx before reporting this one, but i'm "sick and tired" of this crap.

What's hx? I agree though, the OP was really a silly thing to post and focuses entirely on negatives while completely failing to acknowledge all of the tremendous positives. :mad:

Have I started something. :confused:

Huh? No, the OP has... ;)

escapinggreatly
I personally have seen a lot of grass roots efforts recently, but that doesn't really speak to how well the Internet movement is doing.

slantedview
08-15-2007, 09:12 AM
There's no basis to this. Of course we have a little infighting here and there, but that's always going to happen.

Overall, great things have been accomplished so far, with more to come.

specsaregood
08-15-2007, 09:15 AM
Seems Klamath missed the "What I did for Ron Paul today" thread.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12231

Doesn't look like anything like the "grassroots is falling apart". Go give it a read and figure out how to contribute, POSITIVELY.

Scribbler de Stebbing
The best way to overcome this is to NOT post to controversial threads. That abortion one went on way too long. Yes, I contributed, but will from this point forward not post to controversial threads. We can't afford to divide and conquer our own selves.

Zydeco
We knew this board was going to be infested sooner or later with concern trolls. "The grassroots is falling apart"? Give me a break, Klamath.

Ron Paul's numbers keep going up on every metric -- 9% in Ames, 34,000 on meetup, more Youtube views than any other candidate and the lead is extending, not shrinking. Up to 5.6 % on intrade now, where he'd never broken 3.7 before Ames. Donations pouring in at record levels, other campaigns trying to co-opt Paul's message...and we're not even at labor day yet, traditional start of the campaign season.

Ignore the concern trolls! I'm reposting this as a separate thread.

max
08-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Only a troll would post sucha thread..

the "infighting" you see at this forum is actually a healthy thing. We fight over strategies, not over the basic ideas of RP. To suggests that this means "the grassroots" is tearing itself apart is ludicrous.

To the contrary, it's a healthy indicator of how passionate we are.

constituent
08-15-2007, 09:25 AM
i like the infighting...

i hadn't really noticed libertyeagle before yesterday. that doesn't make us friends, but now i've got someone to keep an eye on and an understanding of the opinions/attitudes that make us different... so now we can selectively put our thumbs in each other's eye when we're feeling a little sadistic or vice versa... you know.. it's really a beautiful thing.

klamath
08-15-2007, 09:30 AM
I guess I deserved that. I do not like to be negative. The point of my post was to try and wake people to the angry threads and try not to fight so much between us. I know that issues need to be discussed. I am glad that Jennifer is still on board. I was just worried at her tone in the highly emotional abortion thread and then she logged off. I guess I got worried about this when I talked with my mother this morning who lurks on this forum. She has been a Paul supporter for years and she was disheartened by what she was hearing.

constituent
08-15-2007, 09:32 AM
that thread was in hot topics right???

that section is not for the faint of heart.... perhaps JOSH would help new members along by informing them of this fact when they register an account here.

i love the hot topics section, but it's definetely not for the squeemish.

LibertyEagle
08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
i like the infighting...

i hadn't really noticed libertyeagle before yesterday. that doesn't make us friends, but now i've got someone to keep an eye on and an understanding of the opinions/attitudes that make us different... so now we can selectively put our thumbs in each other's eye when we're feeling a little sadistic or vice versa... you know.. it's really a beautiful thing.

LOL! Let's not and say we did, ok? :p

Zydeco
08-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Klamath: to restore credibility, move on. Now.

specsaregood
08-15-2007, 09:35 AM
Klamath:

Have you attended any meetups in your local area?
Speaking from my experience: getting out there and doing something will erase those feelings of negativity. It is fun to find out there are people dedicated and willing to work for this campaign for free. It is encouraging.

I spent 4 hours the other night, in a sweaty workshop of a truly dedicated supporter, along with 9 other people making 8ft signs to hang up in my area. We blasted music, blasted paint, hammered, drilled and TALKED.

Next time you get these feelings, schedule a local meetup meeting and be productive. It is almost like a 12-step support group for your political soul.

Ron Paul Fan
08-15-2007, 09:36 AM
For the most part, the bickering is productive because it's good to have different perspectives. But some of it is just nonsense and worthless. Like the straw poll machine conspiracy theory. The straw poll is over and those threads have nothing to do with Ron Paul just like Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. While I'd like to see any thread not about Ron Paul moved to general topics, I understand the mods are really busy. So I like the differing viewpoints, but hate the needless convtroversies that still exit on the main forum. Remember, the freedom message brings us together, it doesn't divide us.

mport1
08-15-2007, 09:42 AM
Yes, like I have been saying for quite awhile. The conspiracy theorists will tear this campaign apart.

RP08
08-15-2007, 09:44 AM
How 'bout we all meet up in Reno this weekend and have a toast?! We deserve it.

Look at how many unique and significant successes we've made happen already. Look at how many more we will make happen.

There's no good time to biquer. That's exactly what opponents are expecting and wanting. We want those current opponents and "undecided" people to want to be part of the Ron Paul purpose, not to make an uncomfortable environment.

Cheers!
-RP08

klamath
08-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Sorry about my thread folks. My attempt at trying to calm the forum down helped nothing. It was poorly thought out.
Please accept my apologies.

Kregener
08-15-2007, 09:53 AM
I cannot add much to the pearls of wisdom already posted above, but I too see the Paul Campaign and Revolution growing almost daily before my eyes.

10 years ago NOBODY knew who Ron Paul was. People would stare at me blankly when I spoke of him.

Oh, and if a conspiracy "theory" or two can "destroy this place", then it was doomed from the get-go...

mdh
08-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Yes, like I have been saying for quite awhile. The conspiracy theorists will tear this campaign apart.

Like I have been saying all along. The people who keep stirring the shitpot will cause problems. Some of them are conspiracy enthusiasts. Some of them are self-appointed "anti-conspiracy-enthusiasts" or wtfe. All are equally guilty of stirring the shitpot that only causes more time-wasting negativity.

Stop stirring the shitpot, mport1.

Revolution9
08-15-2007, 10:48 AM

No..mport..kneejerks like YOU will tear this apart with your snotty and smarm filled attempts to broadbrush an entire segment of the RP movement..the well informed segment BTW.. with a smear. I am from Atlanta. I have been watching you. You are a Bushrat type repug. You thnk you are smart. Yoiu are not. You have not done the requisite and necessary research to make any claim that anybody spouts a conspiracy theory. Your comments in this direction are degrading and i for one feel insulted by them. Care to look me in the eye personally at a meetup and tell me I am a conspiracy theorist..i.e a nutjob in your feeble mind? If have my email catalog that includes the Head Of Interpol, CIA counterterrorism units, Dennis Hastert and a host of other concgress critters, Karl WB Schwarz and Eliot Spitzer, VK Durham, FBI and many others that allow me to say this. These conspiracy theories are evidential facts sitting on the NY AG's desk and in hs files.

Personally I think yer a repug troll. Yer always bitching abot anything that does not fit into the tiny repug box that defines their world view.

Randy

constituent
08-15-2007, 10:58 AM
LIBERTYEAGLE

LOL! Let's not and say we did, ok?

too late!