PDA

View Full Version : What is Ron Pauls View on "Big Oil"?

jjank11
02-23-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm just curious about Ron Paul's stance on Big Oil companies and how they have been part of the foreign policy, economic and environmental debacle that the USA has been in for many years.

I'm especially interested in his view on alternative energy, vehicle gas efficiency and OPEC?

Im pretty sure he has some great ideas on this topic i just have not seen anything specfic to this. Can someone direct me to some good sources for this?

Banana
02-23-2008, 12:28 AM
If you go to subforum "Ron on Issues", I started a thread asking about corporatism. The answers there may be relevant to big oil as well.

Fox McCloud
02-23-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm just curious about Ron Paul's stance on Big Oil companies and how they have been part of the foreign policy, economic and environmental debacle that the USA has been in for many years.

I'm especially interested in his view on alternative energy, vehicle gas efficiency and OPEC?

Im pretty sure he has some great ideas on this topic i just have not seen anything specfic to this. Can someone direct me to some good sources for this?

-He opposes oil company subsidies
-He opposes alternative energy subsidies
-he opposes raising the MPG standard
-He opposes a carbon tax
-He opposes limiting carbon emissions
-He supports drilling of oil in ANWR
-He believes that the market will provide the best solution
-he says if carbon emissions must be regulated, they should only be done at the State level--but he strongly warned that if they did that, it could cripple business
-He originally took a neutral stance on global warming (but it appeared he leaned slightly towards it "not being a problem", as his campaign has slowly progressed, it seems he's taken a stronger and stronger stance against it.

Basically, he supports the market handling the issue in its entirety..the only action he'd take would be to remove oil subsidies.