PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Forums Is Back!

Shink
02-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Anyone else notice how the Grassroots section is actually a good read these days? Remember during the primaries and during big brainstorms like the blimp and other things? One hundred billion (*pinky*) negative threads, day in, day out.

I'm happy to see this forum filtered back to real supporters like it was in the old days. I think it's exciting to see positive stuff and non-negative small talk and interesting speculation (the last two I listed probably loosen the bowels of mods, but them's the breaks:D) populate this website once more. Now we can keep working, doing our best and have a lot less trolls to steamroll. I'm glad, I don't miss those dark days.

pacelli
02-22-2008, 05:57 PM
I agree, in the absence of any objective data, the trolls leave us to our plots to restore the republic. I'll expect them to come back in full force on March 3. They always seem to come back the day before (and during) a major primary.

Carole
02-22-2008, 05:58 PM
:p

JohnDevilman
02-22-2008, 06:06 PM
Although I don't post very often, I read through the forums frequently, (it's my only source of daily happenings since I refuse to watch MSM), so I'm glad that I don't have to sift through 20+ posts of trolls barking how futile our cause is now and can actually find the interesting articles to read and research.

I swear, the true members here are virtual fountains of information. I love it here now.

yongrel
02-22-2008, 06:40 PM
It looks like this forum went through its awkward adolescence and came out the other end stronger and faster.

Good times.

RonPaulwillWin
02-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Was that actually posted by Ron Paul?

belian78
02-22-2008, 06:45 PM
have you seen the "March" sub-forum? there's still a couple hanging around in there. but yes, overall i've noticed a definate improvement in the last couple days vs the past couple weeks.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-22-2008, 06:47 PM
Anyone else notice how the Grassroots section is actually a good read these days? Remember during the primaries and during big brainstorms like the blimp and other things? One hundred billion (*pinky*) negative threads, day in, day out.

I'm happy to see this forum filtered back to real supporters like it was in the old days. I think it's exciting to see positive stuff and non-negative small talk and interesting speculation (the last two I listed probably loosen the bowels of mods, but them's the breaks:D) populate this website once more. Now we can keep working, doing our best and have a lot less trolls to steamroll. I'm glad, I don't miss those dark days.
Oh man, I was just thinking the exact same thing as I saw there were only 127 viewing grassroots. It makes it so much more pleasant not to have to wade through 3 tons of crap to get to the meat of the matter here. Thank God.

Bigger is not always better. ;)

constitutional
02-22-2008, 06:48 PM
300 vs 1k people back then.

yongrel
02-22-2008, 06:52 PM
300 vs 1k people back then.

so there were 700 trolls. Good to know. :D

constitutional
02-22-2008, 06:55 PM
so there were 700 trolls. Good to know. :D

Now I gotta tell ya, I enjoyed the old times. There was something to catch about Ron Paul on news channel everyday. Debates to be excited about. New Youtube clips to watch about rallies and sign waving. The blimp and the money bombs.

Kludge
02-22-2008, 06:56 PM
I haven't noticed a difference... Seems it's just now when someone says Ron Paul has no chance, the general population of the forum accepts this as legit, as opposed to before when it was negative and trollish.

yongrel
02-22-2008, 06:57 PM
Now I gotta tell ya, I enjoyed the old times. There was something to catch about Ron Paul on news channel everyday. Debates to be excited about. New Youtube clips to watch about rallies and sign waving. The blimp and the money bombs.

November 6th-January 3rd was a blast.

Trolled like hell, but a blast nonetheless.

constitutional
02-22-2008, 07:03 PM
November 6th-January 3rd was a blast.

Trolled like hell, but a blast nonetheless.

More like September through January.

the good 'ole day. Watch this video from summer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ

yongrel
02-22-2008, 07:06 PM
More like September through January.

the good 'ole day. Watch this video from summer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFfdB5OzlyQ

That brings back memories.

mysticgeek
02-22-2008, 07:13 PM
You know ... this is a great point! Not to mention the fact that good articles would be buried by troll crap. I think it is a positive that the numbers have dropped. I mean ... I can understand over 1K in here when Dr. Paul speaks on national TV ... or major things are going on regarding his campaign.

Liberty_is_NORML
02-22-2008, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't call the supporters that aren't as zealous as the rest of us trolls anymore than I would call Ron Paul a quitter for not going third party.

I hate the world "troll". And the worst part of it is that it is the standard name that is called to one who disagrees with one's opinion.

JimInNY
02-22-2008, 07:57 PM

Thank God for that. ;)

ronpaulhawaii
02-22-2008, 08:09 PM
I haven't noticed a difference... Seems it's just now when someone says Ron Paul has no chance, the general population of the forum accepts this as legit, as opposed to before when it was negative and trollish.

Or, they ignore it, like I should have done here...:p

fedup100
02-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Who are you guys kidding. Yes 700 trolls that tore this place apart are gone.....but so is the momentum and the 2/3 of the grassroot supporters. The saddest part of this reality is that Paul could still win this thing.

Will the last Ron Paul supporter please turn out the lights when you leave.

WilliamC
02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
Well one of these days I've got to stop spending so much time here and concentrate on my life again.

As fun and educational as ronpaulforums is, it isn't making me a profit or furthering my career.

Bruno
02-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Well one of these days I've got to stop spending so much time here and concentrate on my life again.

As fun and educational as ronpaulforums is, it isn't making me a profit or furthering my career.

Lol! I can relate!

Quote from my wife: "I really do appreciate that you are so supportive of Ron Paul, your passion for the direction our country is going, and everything, but if you could spend a little more time looking for a job, that would be great!".

Done. Job found. Back to the forums.

And now I can donate. :D

ronpaulhawaii
02-22-2008, 09:49 PM
Lol! I can relate!

Quote from my wife: "I really do appreciate that you are so supportive of Ron Paul, your passion for the direction our country is going, and everything, but if you could spend a little more time looking for a job, that would be great!".

Done. Job found. Back to the forums.

And now I can donate. :D

Congratulations!!! :D

Fields
02-22-2008, 09:57 PM
I think a few members here with MANY posts that continually acted out of order caused others to behave unusual.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-22-2008, 10:05 PM
I think a few members here with MANY posts that continually acted out of order caused others to behave unusual.
you're probably right about that, the vibe in here was getting very wiggy. ick
It feels peaceful again. I wonder how long it will last?

pacelli
02-22-2008, 10:09 PM

Yes, things have slowed down along those lines. Remember when Ron Paul had his media blitz several months ago before the blackout and before all the primaries?

Unbelievable. Its nice to have a little R & R .

Russellk30
02-22-2008, 10:11 PM
You know ... this is a great point! Not to mention the fact that good articles would be buried by troll crap. I think it is a positive that the numbers have dropped. I mean ... I can understand over 1K in here when Dr. Paul speaks on national TV ... or major things are going on regarding his campaign.

Yes!!! Lets revel in our newfound irrelevance!!! Wooohoooo!! Strength in lack of numbers!!!!......wait.....

jsu718
02-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Was that actually posted by Ron Paul?

It was in his speech from the end of his Congressional service the first time around if I remember reading it correctly.

pacelli
02-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Who are you guys kidding. Yes 700 trolls that tore this place apart are gone.....but so is the momentum and the 2/3 of the grassroot supporters. The saddest part of this reality is that Paul could still win this thing.

Will the last Ron Paul supporter please turn out the lights when you leave.

Don't turn the lights out, I'm still here.

RollOn2day
02-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Don't turn the lights out, I'm still here.

Yeah...I've got a feeling we better leave em on for a while. This party ain't over.

Shink
02-23-2008, 03:45 AM
Oh man, I was just thinking the exact same thing as I saw there were only 127 viewing grassroots. It makes it so much more pleasant not to have to wade through 3 tons of crap to get to the meat of the matter here. Thank God.

In my specific case, that rule of thumb doesn't apply in some respects. But, uh, yeah, the forums...yep. :D I'm happy that some of the hell-raising is gone. I do miss, though, people like LiberalDemforRP, Llepard, ScribblerdeStebbing, and all the people who were outraged about the NH fuckjob. I'm still mad, but most don't really care. This tendency toward apathy is to our detriment.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-23-2008, 05:52 AM
In my specific case, that rule of thumb doesn't apply in some respects. But, uh, yeah, the forums...yep. :D I'm happy that some of the hell-raising is gone. I do miss, though, people like LiberalDemforRP, Llepard, ScribblerdeStebbing, and all the people who were outraged about the NH fuckjob. I'm still mad, but most don't really care. This tendency toward apathy is to our detriment.
lol

Yeah, I know what you mean about missing certain voices around here, every group, no matter how independent minded we want to, or think we are need some people to look up to every now and again. Is Llepard gone for good? That would be a shame. :(
But really, there's that certain harmonious feeling back again that was here before Nov. 5.

constituent
02-23-2008, 05:55 AM
you're probably right about that, the vibe in here was getting very wiggy. ick
It feels peaceful again. I wonder how long it will last?

it's up to us.

i think everyone is full-aware of the troll situ. at this point, and is likely
on high enough alert to catch them before too many threads get ruined,
ideas tossed down the drain, etc.

all in all though, i think if enough forum members make it a point to mediate,
then ignore, things will continue rollin' again (and be back full-steam before you know it).

the biggest thing is to encourage all good/well meaning ideas.

constructive criticism only, when possible... when not, try to take a break.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-23-2008, 06:06 AM
it's up to us.

then ignore, things will continue rollin' again (and be back full-steam before you know it).

Yes you're 100% correct on that it's on us, we need to be more vigilant should this happen again. All that in-fighting and back biting that was happening was really even wearing me down, and I used to say I was amused by the trolls, as they're so silly and obvious mostly (I just refuse to feed 'em). As I can't bear to watch MSM news anymore, this is the place I like to come and find out relevant news of the movement and all things related. It was becoming REALLY hard to stomach wading through the BS though. I'm glad the Mods weren't too heavy handed though, I think they knew the tide would eventually turn naturally.

Todd
02-23-2008, 07:53 AM
it's up to us.

Some people got labeled troll simply for stating a very obvious need for correction. If you looked around you could sort out the ones that were really just picking fights.

yongrel
02-23-2008, 07:58 AM
I think it is fun to look at all of the prominent members that are now conspicuously absent these days.

Russellk30
02-24-2008, 12:34 AM
Yes you're 100% correct on that it's on us, we need to be more vigilant should this happen again. All that in-fighting and back biting that was happening was really even wearing me down, and I used to say I was amused by the trolls, as they're so silly and obvious mostly (I just refuse to feed 'em). As I can't bear to watch MSM news anymore, this is the place I like to come and find out relevant news of the movement and all things related. It was becoming REALLY hard to stomach wading through the BS though. I'm glad the Mods weren't too heavy handed though, I think they knew the tide would eventually turn naturally.

I totally agree! Next time our numbers start to grow again, let’s drive people away even more than we did last time! We all know that the majority of people that no longer visit this site are just trolls, so good riddance. I am much happier debating a smaller number of people whose ideas do not stray to far from my own. Ahhhhh, peaceful agreeable irrelevance. I would bask in this forever if I had the choice. It is too bad that people with different ideas come along and screw things up. Why cant all humans’ just stay within their own individual reality and never engage those that think differently. This world would be a much more peaceful place if we all just stayed to ourselves.

LibertyEagle
02-24-2008, 12:40 AM
I totally agree! Next time our numbers start to grow again, let’s drive people away even more than we did last time! We all know that the majority of people that no longer visit this site are just trolls, so good riddance. I am much happier debating a smaller number of people whose ideas do not stray to far from my own. Ahhhhh, peaceful agreeable irrelevance. I would bask in this forever if I had the choice. It is too bad that people with different ideas come along and screw things up. Why cant all humans’ just stay within their own individual reality and never engage those that think differently. This world would be a much more peaceful place if we all just stayed to ourselves.

heh. I guess you haven't been to Hot Topics yet. ;)

brandon
02-24-2008, 12:58 AM
RON PAUL THE RACIST NAZI ANTI CHRIST WILL LOSE!!!! ALL YOU KLAN MEMBERS CAN GO FORM YOUR OWN COUNTRY IN IRAQ AND KILL HOMELESS PEOPLE THERE.

THIS JUST IN: RON PAUL SAYS WOMEN SHOULD STAY IN THE KITCHEN WHERE THEY BELONG.

There, now does it feel more like early january?

nate895
02-24-2008, 01:03 AM
I think it is fun to look at all of the prominent members that are now conspicuously absent these days.

There are a lot that I haven't seen since back when just started out on the forums.

burningfur
02-24-2008, 01:11 AM
It's called cutting the fat. Or, perhaps the fat is cutting itself.

Hook
02-24-2008, 01:22 AM
What happened to Scribbler?

LibertyEagle
02-24-2008, 01:28 AM
What happened to Scribbler?

She became the Minnesota campaign coordinator and became VERY busy. She's still very much in this deal. :)

Hook
02-24-2008, 01:30 AM
She became the Minnesota campaign coordinator and became VERY busy. She's still very much in this deal. :)

Good to hear. She is good people. :)

silverhandorder
02-24-2008, 01:32 AM
I have to agree lately there is a lot of good discussion.

Hook
02-24-2008, 01:40 AM
Well, there isn't much more to talk about. Most of the elections have happened, and the only thing left is to try to coordinate all the RP delegates from Precinct on up together.

I'm going to my caucus on the 25th of Feb to see if I can be a PD and try to get RP delegates to national from there.

pacelli
02-24-2008, 01:42 AM

How much longer do you plan on posting this sarcastic crap?

Russellk30
02-24-2008, 02:37 AM
How much longer do you plan on posting this sarcastic crap?

Sarcasm is very useful when the discussion at hand is so absolutely silly. One thing I have noticed about the supporters with the greatest endurance is that they seem to spin any news in a positive light. No-matter how gloom something might be, there is always a little light. That is a nice thought, but just not realistic.

In this case, I find it rather silly that anybody would try to spin irrelevance in a positive way, so I respond in a silly way. The funny thing is, many people around here are in such strong denial that the sarcastic stuff goes right over their head. They think I’m serious about this drivel!

Why would anybody be happy for a forum whose numbers are in steep decline? I’ll admit that there were trolls around, but they sure were not the majority. This movement’s momentum needs to continue and that is not going to happen by excluding those whose ideas are not universally welcome. I realize there is a hot topic section, but who visits that? Instead of engaging those we do not agree with we dismissed and shunned them.

If you would like, I can leave and then you can relax in a forum with declining membership and stagnant debate between choir members. Who am I kidding though? I wont go anywhere. I still have hope for this movement.

Also,
As long as required.

Good day

kaleidoscope eyes
02-24-2008, 06:47 AM
sigh, jeesh always with this sardonic BS. yawn.

Listen, there's a big difference between good honest differences in ideas and constructive criticisms and just putting out neg crap for the sake of being a disruptive A-hole. I appreciate honest debate as well as the next. And I'm a person who actually doesn't like the T-word being blasted out there as much as it is, it's not all that effective either imo, but it is what it is, I have no desire to control others actions or thoughts. That's why I like it here.

there's a lot to be said about a leaner tighter operation over a bloated, chaotic, clusterf*&%.
And who knows, it may have been just THAT that made people go away, so I guess the trolls (yes, I know there have to be at Least a few) won after all. I knew the blush had to fade from the rose eventually and only the diehards would stick through it, that's why I'm still here! Ron Paul and his Message are so much stronger than a bunch of nattering negative nancies. I have seen plenty of good honest disagreements and criticisms here get solved by substantive arguement and debate. Name calling, and baseless attacks are not welcome, ANYWHERE.

Get over yourself, if you support Ron and the message, well, howdy! glad to meet you, in the meantime, your record of posts (from what I've come across) seem to be solely made to drag people and ideas down. I could be wrong, but my intuitions tell me otherwise.

Have a Positive, Wonderful, Sunshiney, Splendiferous, Ron Paul filled Day! ;)

Revolution9
02-24-2008, 06:51 AM
Sarcasm is very useful when the discussion at hand is so absolutely silly.

I agree. I tend to plle it on fools and reprobates who under delusions of understanding, gripe and piss and moan with excessive redundance that their particuloar fantasical world dream will not come to fruition as they planned incessantly in countless mental masturbation scenarios.

HTH
Randy

Russellk30
02-24-2008, 02:09 PM
I agree. I tend to plle it on fools and reprobates who under delusions of understanding, gripe and piss and moan with excessive redundance that their particuloar fantasical world dream will not come to fruition as they planned incessantly in countless mental masturbation scenarios.

HTH
Randy

Is the "particular fantasy dream world" in this case a Ron Paul republican nomination? That seems to be the biggest fantasy of all at this point, barring two freak asteroids that take out both Huckabee and McCain, and even then Romney would come back from his suspension to save the day. Republicans love the war and hate Ron Paul. Anything less would be self-admitted defeat, which is not likely to happen.

flames2dust77
02-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Sarcasm is very useful when the discussion at hand is so absolutely silly. One thing I have noticed about the supporters with the greatest endurance is that they seem to spin any news in a positive light. No-matter how gloom something might be, there is always a little light. That is a nice thought, but just not realistic.

In this case, I find it rather silly that anybody would try to spin irrelevance in a positive way, so I respond in a silly way. The funny thing is, many people around here are in such strong denial that the sarcastic stuff goes right over their head. They think I’m serious about this drivel!

Why would anybody be happy for a forum whose numbers are in steep decline? I’ll admit that there were trolls around, but they sure were not the majority. This movement’s momentum needs to continue and that is not going to happen by excluding those whose ideas are not universally welcome. I realize there is a hot topic section, but who visits that? Instead of engaging those we do not agree with we dismissed and shunned them.

If you would like, I can leave and then you can relax in a forum with declining membership and stagnant debate between choir members. Who am I kidding though? I wont go anywhere. I still have hope for this movement.

Also,
As long as required.

Good day

QFT.

Feb. 5th was a massive reality check for me. I see things different now...you know...based in reality. No more RP rose colored glasses for me....things like that are not helping the movement. You're correct....there IS still hope. But, ppl need to check themselves. Seriously.

AFM
02-24-2008, 02:48 PM
QFT.

Feb. 5th was a massive reality check for me. I see things different now...you know...based in reality. No more RP rose colored glasses for me....things like that are not helping the movement. You're correct....there IS still hope. But, ppl need to check themselves. Seriously.

Check this out
FREEEDOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Russellk30
02-24-2008, 03:00 PM
sigh, jeesh always with this sardonic BS. yawn.

Listen, there's a big difference between good honest differences in ideas and constructive criticisms and just putting out neg crap for the sake of being a disruptive A-hole. I appreciate honest debate as well as the next. And I'm a person who actually doesn't like the T-word being blasted out there as much as it is, it's not all that effective either imo, but it is what it is, I have no desire to control others actions or thoughts. That's why I like it here.

there's a lot to be said about a leaner tighter operation over a bloated, chaotic, clusterf*&%.
And who knows, it may have been just THAT that made people go away, so I guess the trolls (yes, I know there have to be at Least a few) won after all. I knew the blush had to fade from the rose eventually and only the diehards would stick through it, that's why I'm still here! Ron Paul and his Message are so much stronger than a bunch of nattering negative nancies. I have seen plenty of good honest disagreements and criticisms here get solved by substantive arguement and debate. Name calling, and baseless attacks are not welcome, ANYWHERE.

Get over yourself, if you support Ron and the message, well, howdy! glad to meet you, in the meantime, your record of posts (from what I've come across) seem to be solely made to drag people and ideas down. I could be wrong, but my intuitions tell me otherwise.

Have a Positive, Wonderful, Sunshiney, Splendiferous, Ron Paul filled Day! ;)

Yawn?!?! I was laughing the entire time that I was writing that stuff! It was hilarious. :D

You say you like it here because you have no desire no control others actions and thoughts? "You" can go to any forum and "not" control the actions and thoughts of others if you so please; that is not the issue. The issue is related to what you admitted yourself, that "the t-word is blasted out there as much as it is." Thank you for agreeing.

Did trolls leave as well? Sure. But again, they were the vast minority. I have kept up on the discussion around here as well. The moment for substantive ideas has past. We're all busy praising Ron Paul for the sake of praise, calling out the MSM for the sake of complaint, describing McCain in all his negative light for the sake of bitching, an congratulating ourselves for the sake of an inner warm fuzzy feeling and so on......

As far as questioning my support for Ron Paul and my dedication to this movement, why don’t you just call me a troll? I'd have to be a pretty fucking dedicated troll to be around here still! But that is what you imply after all. It is so easy to question the motivation of those you do not agree with, isn’t it? I don’t like tooting my own horn, so instead I will only say if you want proof that I am not a "troll" and have been active in this movement outside of these forums for a while, I would be happy to provide it.

In regard to the baseless accusation of dragging people and their ideas down, exactly what ideas and people have I "drug down," and what is the point of debate besides sifting through ideas. Some are good and some are bad. I like some and not others. You sure seem to have an odd way of interpreting motivations.

You can continue to promote our newfound irrelevance however you like, and I will continue to believe that it is silly. We are a small movement and a knight in shining armor is not going to be rescuing us anytime soon. Sorry, the billionaire does not exist. Our cause is not going to be advanced through the celebration of decreased membership and the absolute positive spin of any piece of news.

We need new mediums to reach out to people. We need to learn how to admit defeat so failed strategies can be changed. Ron Paul was a nice boost, but he is leaving and people need to be motivated to join us without him in the picture.

Good day

Michael Ingram
02-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Long live the Revolution!!!

SirFelix
02-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Ron Paul Freedom March!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcBaOgEY-Hk