PDA

View Full Version : McCain: I Could Send U.S. Troops ‘Anywhere’ For ‘A Long Period of Time’

LEK
02-22-2008, 04:09 PM
McCain: I Could Send U.S. Troops ‘Anywhere’ For ‘A Long Period of Time’

On ABC’s Good Morning America today, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) was asked if he has “regrets” about “saying that the U.S. could be in Iraq for a hundred years.” McCain said he didn’t because — in his mind — the U.S. could have a military presence “anywhere” for a long period of time:

ROBERTS: So it’s clear you have no regrets in saying that the U.S. could be in Iraq for a hundred years.

MCCAIN: The U.S. could have a military presence anywhere in the world for a long period of time.

Last month, McCain warned about the wars that he says will come after the war in Iraq, telling an audience, “I’m sorry to tell you, there’s going to be other wars.” And perhaps there will be more long-term occupations too.

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/20/mccain-more-occupations/

(There's a video of the interview at the above link.)

WilliamC
02-22-2008, 04:11 PM
He just keeps getting better and better....

I suppose he'll say we need bases in China and Russia next!

pacelli
02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I can't help but feel proud of the grassroots for hopping on this 100 years comment and making it viral on the net. Perhaps I'm wrong in making that conclusion, but I don't recall any MSM outlets widely reporting it until we started out viral campaign.

Keep up the good work folks! Now McLame is in defensive mode.

ChooseLiberty
02-22-2008, 04:15 PM
Obomber and Hitlery would cut that by 10 years.