PDA

View Full Version : Disastrous Results of Gun Control

Laja
02-22-2008, 01:03 PM
GUN CONTROLS AND RESULTS:

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were Rounded up and exterminated.
------------------------------
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5
Million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a
Total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves Were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million Political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981,
100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one
Million educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded Up and exterminated.
-----------------------------
Defenceless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century Because of gun control: 56 million.
It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced By new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by Their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more Than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:
List of 7 items:
Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent Australia-wide,
Assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.

Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the
Criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in Armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in The past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey Is unarmed.
There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of The ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how Public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense Was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

You won't see this data on the US evening news, or hear politicians Disseminating this information.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, Gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.
Take note my fellow Americans, before it's too late!

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.
With guns, we are 'citizens'.
Without them, we are 'subjects'.
During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they Knew most Americans were ARMED!

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x35/mattjenson3/jpfo-chart.png

SWATH
02-22-2008, 01:13 PM
During WWII the Japanese decided not to invade America because they Knew most Americans were ARMED!

"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
(Japanese Navy)

limequat
02-22-2008, 01:15 PM
(Japanese Navy)

I wonder if he said this before or after FDR moved the pacific fleet to Pearl Harbor.

pinkmandy
02-22-2008, 01:31 PM
Can you link this? I'd like to read more...

Laja
02-22-2008, 01:35 PM
I can't link it because it's from www.waynemadsenreport.com, which requires a paid subscription. It's a great website as Madsen has some amazing sources of information AND the people who makes the regular comments seem to be really knowledgeable. Sorry about no link. Do you think it's bad netiquette to share this stuff without a link?

yongrel
02-22-2008, 01:37 PM
excellent info

pinkmandy
02-22-2008, 01:37 PM
No, I appreciate the info! I wanted the link so I could pass it on to someone who I know would demand a link. :) I can still pass it on now telling them just what you told me. ;)

Agent CSL
02-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Here's a link of interest : Can Gun Control Reduce Crime? Part 2 (http://www.fff.org/freedom/fd0211f.asp)

SWATH
02-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Lots of stuff about it here:

www.JPFO.org

Laja
02-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Have you guys heard anything about McCain being a "gun-grabbing liberal"?

pinkmandy
02-22-2008, 01:47 PM

Didn't he vote in favor of the bill passed in December to disarm vets who may have suffered from PTSD in the past 20 yrs?

..PAUL4PRES..
02-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Didn't he vote in favor of the bill passed in December to disarm vets who may have suffered from PTSD in the past 20 yrs?

How ironic would it be for him to have voted for The Verterns disarmament Act, when he suffered from (and still may) PTSD.

virginiakid
02-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Hmm. I wonder if my congressman voted for that act as well

Laja
02-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't know what else would account for McCain's raging anger other than PTSD.

mczerone
02-22-2008, 02:31 PM
I don't know what else would account for McCain's raging anger other than PTSD.

Pop a paper bag behind his head at a rally and see how he reacts.

Right to bear arms should not be removed without specific due process, not for any determination of mental disorder, as long as they are of "sound" mind, meaning understanding saftey rules.

nbhadja
02-22-2008, 02:43 PM
The only bill that needs to be passes is a bill that disarms McCain. Oh wait the Vietnamese already took care of that.

Meatwasp
02-22-2008, 02:46 PM

Pop a paper bag behind his head at a rally and see how he reacts.

Right to bear arms should not be removed without specific due process, not for any determination of mental disorder, as long as they are of "sound" mind, meaning understanding saftey rules.

See how I would react if someone popped a bag behind me. EEEEK

Laja
02-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Here's a snippet from an article by Pastor Chuck Baldwin dated February 22, 2008:

Nowhere is McCain's chicanery and duplicity more jeopardous than in the area of the right to keep and bear arms. On issues relating to the Second Amendment, John McCain is a disaster! For example, the highly respected Gun Owners of America (GOA) rates McCain with a grade of F-. McCain's failing grade is well deserved.

John McCain sponsored an amendment to S. 1805 on March 2, 2004 that would outlaw the private sale of firearms at gun shows. According to GOA, the provision would effectively eliminate gun shows, because every member of an organization sponsoring a gun show could be imprisoned if the organization fails to notify each and every "person who attends the special firearms event of the requirements [under the Brady Law]."

John McCain also sponsored an Incumbent Protection provision to the so-called "Campaign Finance Reform" bill, which severely curtails the ability of outside groups (such as GOA) to communicate the actions of incumbent politicians to members and supporters prior to an election.

The GOA report of the 106th Congress reveals that out of 15 votes relating to the right to keep and bear arms, Senator John McCain voted favorably only 4 times. Put that into a percentage and McCain's pro-Second Amendment voting record is a pathetic 27%.

In addition, GOA warns that John McCain supported legislation that would force federal agents to increase efforts in arresting and convicting honest gun owners who may inadvertently violate one of the many federal anti-gun laws, which punish mere technicalities, such as gun possession.

For example, if John McCain's proposed legislation were to become law, a gun owner who travels with a gun through a school zone or who uses one of the family handguns to go target shooting with a 15-year old could be sent to prison. And a person who uses a gun for self-defense could be sent to prison for a mandatory minimum of five years.

But there is so much more to the McCain madness.

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin430.htm

Laja
02-22-2008, 03:52 PM
bump

Matt
02-22-2008, 10:24 PM
This is the JPFO genocide chart, it's pretty compelling. The problem when you're talking about millions upon millions of dead is that most people can't even begin to visualize the extent of the carnage. Stalin had it right when he said "The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic." :( That's why the gun control do-gooders totally miss the big picture.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x35/mattjenson3/jpfo-chart.png

Laja
02-22-2008, 11:58 PM
scary!

Doktor_Jeep
02-23-2008, 12:05 PM
Yes the bill is called the "Veterans Disarmament Act", not officially though.

The tyrants in control of the corporation that pretends to be our government are very interested in disarming veterans. Right now a lot of soldiers are doing their thing for their bosses and seeing the reality of it, and discovering that war is indeed a racket and so is the regime that starts it. They are the last people the PTB wants to be in control of rifles. So they make it easy to declare them nuts and stick them with instant prison when they go home and fail to turn in their guns.

The next George Washington is likely serving in Iraq or Afganistan and his (or perhaps her) skills will be important in the next 1776. So goes it for many other soldiers. The PTB wants to use LAWFARE to make sure these people are rotting in jail when the time comes or at the least are very rusty with their shooting skills (good luck on that one - I knew a lot of old veterans who have fired enough rounds to get back on track with just one box of ammo even after decades). It should also be noted that most soldiers serving in Iraq will be suffering from Depleted Uranium and if they demand en masse to be taken care of it could be a replay of the Bonus Army and the government wants to make sure they are not armed.

The Veterans Disarmament Act was passed with a voice vote late at night. You will not be able to know exactly who voted for it. This was something the NRA actually supported and worked with Chuck Schumer and McCarthy.

The collusion between government doing this by voice vote (not something usually done), and the NRA pushing it withing the time frame in 2007 lends much to conspiracy theory.

It was all too perfect.

I recommend that we keep extra rifles for all those veterans who took an oath to uphold the Constitution, and may continue to honor that oath.

PRIEST
02-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Thank you, Founders, for the 2nd Amendment.

Laja
02-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Thank you, Founders, for the 2nd Amendment.

+1

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Here's a link of interest : Can Gun Control Reduce Crime? Part 2 (http://www.fff.org/freedom/fd0211f.asp)

great quote from the article you linked i wanted to share....

"...If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege..."

thanks for the link CSL :-)

Doktor_Jeep
02-25-2008, 10:51 PM
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/Doktor_Jeep/obeyingorders.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb195/Doktor_Jeep/1st_mm_march.gif

pinkmandy
02-26-2008, 12:11 AM
Dok- that pic of the moms holding babes, pregnant women then the ditch...that's easily one of the most disturbing pics I've ever seen. Ever. :(

And it should be a national ad campaign, btw. Remind dumb people why they have the "right to bear arms". Sometimes people need to be shocked awake.

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-26-2008, 09:22 AM
Dok- that pic of the moms holding babes, pregnant women then the ditch...that's easily one of the most disturbing pics I've ever seen. Ever. :(

And it should be a national ad campaign, btw. Remind dumb people why they have the "right to bear arms". Sometimes people need to be shocked awake.

very disturbing but i'm glad to have seen it. It helped solidify why i believe what i believe and reminds me of what can happen.

Laja
02-26-2008, 10:18 AM
omigod, i am speechless at the cruelty man inflicts on other human beings. and that cruelty extends to animals and the earth, as well. it's frightening!

BillyDkid
02-09-2009, 03:39 PM
The reason none of this registers with the anti-gun crowd has partly to do with this notion of American exceptionalism - that "it" couldn't happen - whatever "it" you want to talk about. When people face the reality that as persons we all have the same flaws and weaknesses as everyone else. The irony is that America is far less safe with fewer guns than it would be with more guns. The fewer guns there are, the more they are concentrated in the hands of the evil.

BillyDkid
02-09-2009, 03:42 PM

And it should be a national ad campaign, btw. Remind dumb people why they have the "right to bear arms". Sometimes people need to be shocked awake.Yeah, that is truly horrifying. I might add, there is little reason to believe our soldiers would behave any differently from German conscripts under the same circumstances. It's, apparently, human nature.

BillyDkid
02-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Thank you, Founders, for the 2nd Amendment.If we can manage to keep it in any meaningful way.

Expatriate
02-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Wow, this is great stuff. I'm printing it out.

I sure wish I had this back in high school when they were forcing gun-control down our throats.

Thanks to whoever got this stickied, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise!

akihabro
03-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Haha good post. One of my Japanese friends thought EVERYONE had a gun when she came here. Her parents were scared of this....I laughed and told her well not everyone.

silverhawks
03-25-2009, 01:36 PM
scary!

Reading these statistics makes me wonder what atrocities wait in the near future for Great Britain and Australia.

silverhawks
03-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Haha good post. One of my Japanese friends thought EVERYONE had a gun when she came here. Her parents were scared of this....I laughed and told her well not everyone.

Saying that, I recently did some work for a gentleman who is a championship marksman...he has a total of 50 firearms in his house. I'd pity the government that tries to take the weapons away from that man.

cheapseats
04-09-2009, 01:03 PM
l

GUN CONTROL FREAKS
ARE CONTROL FREAKS

cheapseats
04-09-2009, 01:08 PM
l

BIG GOVERNMENTS HAVE WEAPONS
THEREFORE PEOPLE NEED WEAPONS

It was ever thus.

cheapseats
04-11-2009, 12:17 PM
I would like to commission scathing political cartoons. Alas, I cannot draw.

I no longer count as a person, my country has made that clear. I have therefore taken refuge in/as a limited liability corporation, Implausible Endeavors (www.implausibleendeavors.com).

I consider myself an independent person-state and shall formally declare myself so on Independence Day, in Washington. What else can I do? My life has been completely derailed, BECAUSE CONSCEINCELESS UBER RICH GREEDY FUCKS CAN DO WHATEVER THEY PLEASE IN "MY" COUNTRY. I decline to play by the new rules. It isn't Right and it isn't even fun. If I'm gonna do Wrong, I better be havin' a good time.

My position is this: If my government "feels" it must shoot me where I stand, it shall be incumbent upon them to make it a clean shot -- none of this torture crap -- but I will not be compelled to do wrong. I am wide-screen and windex-clear that what's going on is capital-W Wrong.

I want a cartoon of soft, white, cool American teeny boppers -- perhaps with soccer and tennis trophies, and one of those metro guys who fit in their girlfriend's pencil jeans -- squaring off against their Middle Eastern nemeses . . . miniature mullahs with AK-47's.

CAN YOUR KIDS DEFEND THEMSELVES?
Firearms Training, for confidence AND competence.

I am partial to black and white line drawings, and hope eventually to establish an ongoing remunerative association with such an illustrator.

But money's tight tight tight right now, y'all know the drill.

I will pay $100, for whichever sketch the board likes best. If I end up makin' good money down the road, I'll come back with ten times that amount, which is to say another $1000. But the cartoon itself -- neither the artist's idea nor my handiwork -- will go straight into the public domain.

Any takers?

cheapseats
04-12-2009, 09:28 PM
I'm serious about an illustrator, by the by.

cheapseats
04-12-2009, 09:30 PM
A HELLO TO ARMS
2 February 2009

I don’t know who the hell is calling for more gun control, but I can tell you right now that I am going to find out. I am going to compile a list of TURNCOATS who would disarm the public while we are daily under threat of attack — the sycophants who live and roll with HEIGHTENED personal security AT TAXPAYER EXPENSE — and I am going to expose their sorry selves to the public that pays their bills.

NAME a tyrannical dictatorship that DIDN’T include a call to surrender arms. It is the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard since the one about the WIDE OPEN BORDER.

CUT THE BUDGET BY ELIMINATING TAXPAYER FUNDED SECRET SERVICE
SOME CITIZENS ARE NOT MORE ENTITLED TO SECURITY THAN OTHERS

You know what I think? I think that every woman in America should buy a gun to carry, and that every home/apartment should have one as well.

We are DESPERATE for bona fide economic stimulus. PARTICULARLY IN THE FACE OF CONTINUED HIGH FLYING BY THE RULING ELITE, worsening economic conditions will bring more crime. Obviously. The People MUST be able to defend themselves. Gun and ammunition sales should be SOARING. Ditto, survival gear. Who the hell imagines that, if push comes to shove, the police can protect everyone? What, like they don’t have families and properties of their own?

Survival of the fittest. That’s what it comes down to, if push comes to shove. You carry your own water, you see to your own back. Every man for himself, yes? Is that not the New Deal? Or are people imagining that Barack Obama, like Santa Claus and God, can be all powerful in all places at all times?

You know the security company commercials where the helpless Mommy or teenager panics at an attempted breaking and entering, but is “saved” by a phone call? Er, um, I don’t know how to break this to the Mommy and teenager but the TRUTHS of the matter are A.) that the security company and/or police will not arrive instantaneously, a time lapse of which the Bad Guys are apprised by neighborhood, and B.) Bad Guys know how to disable the phone line, ergo, the security connection.

I wanna see that Mommy or teen composedly grab a gun that is safely but handily stored, then answer the phone saying “Yep, it’s the real deal. I’ve got the asshole pinned down til you get here.”

Two heads are better than one. Two lines of defense are better than one, too. AND I WOULD DRAW MY GULLIBLE COUNTRYMEN’S ATTENTION TO THE TRAITOROUS REALITY THAT THE QUOTE-UNQUOTE PUBLIC SERVANTS WHO WOULD RENDER THE PUBLIC DEFENSELESS HAVE EXTRA SECURITY FOR THEMSELVES, THEIR FAMILIES AND THEIR PROPERTY. Which you pay for.

It’s bullshit and more shit, insult to injury.

How will I know when y’all have had enough?

The Irish revolutionary James Connolly urged his countymen to ARISE, and take what was theirs . . . to know that their oppressors only seemed great because the people were on their knees.

Amen.

www.mcpolitics.com

cheapseats
04-13-2009, 10:27 AM
GURLZ 'N GUNS
21 March 2009

I am a Political Newbie. Or Noobie. Or Noob.

Y'know why?

‘Cause I’ve only been immersed in this crapola for roughly three years, which is to say that I am not a member of the Elite comprised of Lifetime Political Activists. And make no mistake, Lifetime Political Activism IS an oh-so-elite Elite. Political Activism is the flip side of the coin that keeps the Moneychanger Game tilted in favor of the Effete Elite.

Barack Obama is Effete Elite.

The Sierra Club is Effete Elite.

Rahm Emanuel is Effete Elite.

The ACLU is Effete Elite.

The George Bushes are Effete Elite.

PETA is Effete Elite.

The Bill Clintons are Effete Elite.

MoveOn is Effete Elite.

Again and again, it seems advisable to simply jump into the middle of Issues without researching either “side.” Here’s why. If it’s been an Issue for a long time, neither side is right and/or neither side is doing it right . . . or it wouldn’t still be an Issue. No collective is that stupid. Even a broken clock is right twice each day.

When we were young – when we never ONCE worryied about the roof over our heads or the food on our table, never ONCE fretted over medical or dental care, never ONCE confronted unaffordable education or transportation – we WERE chastised to consume plates of food we detested because there were children starving in Biafra.

Did that ever make ANY sense to ANYONE? Even as a child, the solution was obvious to me. The cooked carrots that make me gag? Don’t make ME eat them, rather, SEND them to the starving children. How on God’s green earth could obliging me to eat food that I was known to hate do ANYTHING toward mitigating starvation in Africa? Send them the sweet potatoes and coconut, while you’re at it.

That was in the 1960’s.

It’s 2009. Children are STILL starving in Africa. CLEARLY, the people who profess to “help” are not helping, or there wouldn’t be even more children still starving in Africa. I would remind us that we DO still destroy crops and/or pay farmers NOT to plant, in order to bolster-read-that-manipulate market prices.

Which, in a round-about-you-had-to-be-there kinda way, brings me to Gun Control.

Gun Control presents an interesting variation on the Lucrative Circular Argument paradigm in at least one regard. Generally speaking, the Gun Guys are not effete. Which begs the question, what’s the problemo?

In those of the taxpayer-funded facilities that still have textbooks, “we” familiarize our young ‘uns with our Constitution in Middle School. Middle School. Teenie Boppers. This is not rocket science. In fact, I will go out on a limb and suggest that the only thing that IS rocket science is rocket science.

Our Constitution is unambiguous in ensuring our right to Bear Arms. Moreover, our founding principles unambiguously COMMAND us unto vigilant defense of same, including by force if need be. Does or does not “defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic” ring a bell?

Is anyone unclear about the foreign/domestic dichotomy?

Alrighty then, here’s the deal.

I need protection. I need weapons. My country needs protection. My countrymen need weapons. It is sad, scary, outrageous, take your pick. Until rather recently, it was unthinkable. But it is NOT complicated.

I declare my belief that among those who champion Gun Control, we not only have Traitors positioned in our midst, we have Traitors positioned in power. That there'd be whatcha call Enemies Domestic.

I’m not saying that every Anti-Gun Activist is a Terrorist. God KNOWS that Do Goodery is one of the few surpluses that America steadily runs. Ill-advised, ineffectual, inefficient Do Goodery, you bet – we have so much of it we could EXPORT it, and we do.

But I AM saying that some of those Anti-Gun Activists ARE Terrorists. In particular, the ones who are labeling dissidents as terrorists are Terrorists. I declare my conviction that we have Traitors in government.

Which is why I and FIFTY-THREE MILLION other single women need guns. Moreover, because we are inexperienced, and because threat is so nigh upon us as to have its own color scheme (that constitutes a commitment in Girl World), we need semi-automatic guns.

American single women are UNMISTAKABLY citizens upon whom stronger, meaner, armed predators regularly inflict assault, rape, murder and assorted carnage. If we are not entitled to sidearms, semi-automatic weapons and concealed-carry permits, then Washington High Flyers can henceforth roll without Secret Service and other extraordinary taxpayer-funded protection.

Barack Obama has enjoyed a bigger, costlier, taxpayer-funded Secret Service bubble since earlier in his campaign than any presidential candidate in our history. Why? Because he apprehends danger, that’s why. (And because he is a Spender Extraordinaire, but that is a separate obscenity.) I ALSO apprehend danger, and I have been here longer than Barack Obama.

Some of us are NOT more equal than others, or some of us ARE more equal than others . Which is it? Why are Barack Obama’s wife and daughters better protected than me? Greatness by association? Let us bear that in mind, then, when it comes time to assigning Guilt.

I cry foul.

I cry discrimination of the basest order.

American government unabashedly declares the lives of its “official” members and the lives of the official member’s family members to more valuable than other people’s lives. Where is the normally abnormally noisy Sanctity of Life crowd? I spy cowardice and/or hypocrisy.

Remember when we were young and sibling rivalry/torture/mayhem got outta hand? Ultimately, an adult would march in and, drowing out a whiney flurry of he-did-this-she-said-that, announce that they didn’t care WHO started it, THEY were finishing it. My sentiments exactly, on Gun Control.

What’ll it be? Gurlz ‘n Guns, or an ACLU-caliber, class-action lawsuit mounted by Baby Boom Women? I would remind those with a pronounced tendency to disregard facts which dispute their theories of these simple truths:

Baby Boomers = largest conceptual demographic ever born in America.

Sustainedly,, # of women born > # of men born AND # of surviving women > # of surviving men.

Ergo, # of Baby Boom-read-that-Menopausal Women = THE voting bloc to court.

I guaran-f*cking-tee that tens of millions of Hot Flashes will put a whole new spin on Firefight.

McDonald
04-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Think of all the black Americans who would have been spared a lynching if they owned guns. Here is a picture of 14-year-old Emmett Till. Because his Uncle wasn't armed, two white men with one 45 pistol simply knocked on the door, kidnapped Emmett, and drove him to a distant barn. Once there, they tortured him, cut off his tongue, cut out his eye, cut off his penis, shot him in the head, and tied him to a cotton gin with barbed wire before throwing him into the river.

If there was a healthy respect for the 2nd Amendment, millions of law abiding blacks would have owned guns. Who knows how many of them could have fended off racist lynchers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Till
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Q5KKtZrQOSU/R6dnxgTGkQI/AAAAAAAAANU/1cnKf5KOEzg/s320/emmett+till+composite-266x191.jpg

raystone
04-14-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm serious about an illustrator, by the by.

Contact Kevin Tuma over at the Daily Paul

MyLibertyStuff
04-14-2009, 11:56 AM
This is going right on facebook

Expatriate
07-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Emazur just posted this in Off Topic. I thought it was interesting.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1196941/The-violent-country-Europe-Britain-worse-South-Africa-U-S.html

Know how anti-gunners are always talking about how much more crime we have in the U.S. because of all the guns and how much "better" it is in "more sensible" European countries where the bearing of arms is banned? Well, this article from the Daily Mail says that in the UK (where guns were effectively banned several years ago) there are now 2034 violent crimes per 100,000 residents. America, by contrast, currently has a violent crime rate of only 466 per 100,000 residents.

Even Canada, (I did not know this and I live there) has a relatively higher violent crime rate of 966 per 100,000 residents. Canada outlaws concealed or open carry for civilians, and gun licenses are a pain to get, requiring you to keep all your guns locked up. Everyone here is always talking about how much worse the crime is in the U.S. because of all the guns.

Interesting, eh?

cheapseats
10-25-2009, 09:30 PM
MindOfMo The Second Amendment is unambiguous in reserving unto the People the Right to keep and bear arms without government interference. Thank God.
about 1 hour ago from web

ramallamamama
10-26-2009, 01:33 AM
GURLZ 'N GUNS
21 March 2009

I am a Political Newbie. Or Noobie. Or Noob.

Y'know why?

‘Cause I’ve only been immersed in this crapola for roughly three years, which is to say that I am not a member of the Elite comprised of Lifetime Political Activists. And make no mistake, Lifetime Political Activism IS an oh-so-elite Elite. Political Activism is the flip side of the coin that keeps the Moneychanger Game tilted in favor of the Effete Elite.

Barack Obama is Effete Elite.

The Sierra Club is Effete Elite.

Rahm Emanuel is Effete Elite.

The ACLU is Effete Elite.

The George Bushes are Effete Elite.

PETA is Effete Elite.

The Bill Clintons are Effete Elite.

MoveOn is Effete Elite.

Again and again, it seems advisable to simply jump into the middle of Issues without researching either “side.” Here’s why. If it’s been an Issue for a long time, neither side is right and/or neither side is doing it right . . . or it wouldn’t still be an Issue. No collective is that stupid. Even a broken clock is right twice each day.

When we were young – when we never ONCE worryied about the roof over our heads or the food on our table, never ONCE fretted over medical or dental care, never ONCE confronted unaffordable education or transportation – we WERE chastised to consume plates of food we detested because there were children starving in Biafra.

Did that ever make ANY sense to ANYONE? Even as a child, the solution was obvious to me. The cooked carrots that make me gag? Don’t make ME eat them, rather, SEND them to the starving children. How on God’s green earth could obliging me to eat food that I was known to hate do ANYTHING toward mitigating starvation in Africa? Send them the sweet potatoes and coconut, while you’re at it.

That was in the 1960’s.

It’s 2009. Children are STILL starving in Africa. CLEARLY, the people who profess to “help” are not helping, or there wouldn’t be even more children still starving in Africa. I would remind us that we DO still destroy crops and/or pay farmers NOT to plant, in order to bolster-read-that-manipulate market prices.

Which, in a round-about-you-had-to-be-there kinda way, brings me to Gun Control.

Gun Control presents an interesting variation on the Lucrative Circular Argument paradigm in at least one regard. Generally speaking, the Gun Guys are not effete. Which begs the question, what’s the problemo?

In those of the taxpayer-funded facilities that still have textbooks, “we” familiarize our young ‘uns with our Constitution in Middle School. Middle School. Teenie Boppers. This is not rocket science. In fact, I will go out on a limb and suggest that the only thing that IS rocket science is rocket science.

Our Constitution is unambiguous in ensuring our right to Bear Arms. Moreover, our founding principles unambiguously COMMAND us unto vigilant defense of same, including by force if need be. Does or does not “defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic” ring a bell?

Is anyone unclear about the foreign/domestic dichotomy?

Alrighty then, here’s the deal.

I need protection. I need weapons. My country needs protection. My countrymen need weapons. It is sad, scary, outrageous, take your pick. Until rather recently, it was unthinkable. But it is NOT complicated.

I declare my belief that among those who champion Gun Control, we not only have Traitors positioned in our midst, we have Traitors positioned in power. That there'd be whatcha call Enemies Domestic.

I’m not saying that every Anti-Gun Activist is a Terrorist. God KNOWS that Do Goodery is one of the few surpluses that America steadily runs. Ill-advised, ineffectual, inefficient Do Goodery, you bet – we have so much of it we could EXPORT it, and we do.

But I AM saying that some of those Anti-Gun Activists ARE Terrorists. In particular, the ones who are labeling dissidents as terrorists are Terrorists. I declare my conviction that we have Traitors in government.

Which is why I and FIFTY-THREE MILLION other single women need guns. Moreover, because we are inexperienced, and because threat is so nigh upon us as to have its own color scheme (that constitutes a commitment in Girl World), we need semi-automatic guns.

American single women are UNMISTAKABLY citizens upon whom stronger, meaner, armed predators regularly inflict assault, rape, murder and assorted carnage. If we are not entitled to sidearms, semi-automatic weapons and concealed-carry permits, then Washington High Flyers can henceforth roll without Secret Service and other extraordinary taxpayer-funded protection.

Barack Obama has enjoyed a bigger, costlier, taxpayer-funded Secret Service bubble since earlier in his campaign than any presidential candidate in our history. Why? Because he apprehends danger, that’s why. (And because he is a Spender Extraordinaire, but that is a separate obscenity.) I ALSO apprehend danger, and I have been here longer than Barack Obama.

Some of us are NOT more equal than others, or some of us ARE more equal than others . Which is it? Why are Barack Obama’s wife and daughters better protected than me? Greatness by association? Let us bear that in mind, then, when it comes time to assigning Guilt.

I cry foul.

I cry discrimination of the basest order.

American government unabashedly declares the lives of its “official” members and the lives of the official member’s family members to more valuable than other people’s lives. Where is the normally abnormally noisy Sanctity of Life crowd? I spy cowardice and/or hypocrisy.

Remember when we were young and sibling rivalry/torture/mayhem got outta hand? Ultimately, an adult would march in and, drowing out a whiney flurry of he-did-this-she-said-that, announce that they didn’t care WHO started it, THEY were finishing it. My sentiments exactly, on Gun Control.

What’ll it be? Gurlz ‘n Guns, or an ACLU-caliber, class-action lawsuit mounted by Baby Boom Women? I would remind those with a pronounced tendency to disregard facts which dispute their theories of these simple truths:

Baby Boomers = largest conceptual demographic ever born in America.

Sustainedly,, # of women born > # of men born AND # of surviving women > # of surviving men.

Ergo, # of Baby Boom-read-that-Menopausal Women = THE voting bloc to court.

I guaran-f*cking-tee that tens of millions of Hot Flashes will put a whole new spin on Firefight.

Rockin' piece cheapseats!

Bravo.

Pericles
10-26-2009, 08:04 AM
Fact is, SWF = target for crime of every sort.

cheapseats
11-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Fact is, SWF = target for crime of every sort.

Yep.

MindOfMo
SINGLE WOMEN CRY FOUL. Women Without Men are regularly preyed upon for "going out after dark" and/or "going somewhere alone." WE NEED GUNS.
about 19 hours ago from web

cheapseats
11-27-2009, 11:35 AM
MindOfMo
If you think Palestinians and Israelis make ruckus over secure Homeland, wait til you get load of MENOPAUSAL WOMEN. Think, RAGING hormones.
about 19 hours ago from web

Dieseler
11-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Think of all the black Americans who would have been spared a lynching if they owned guns. Here is a picture of 14-year-old Emmett Till. Because his Uncle wasn't armed, two white men with one 45 pistol simply knocked on the door, kidnapped Emmett, and drove him to a distant barn. Once there, they tortured him, cut off his tongue, cut out his eye, cut off his penis, shot him in the head, and tied him to a cotton gin with barbed wire before throwing him into the river.

If there was a healthy respect for the 2nd Amendment, millions of law abiding blacks would have owned guns. Who knows how many of them could have fended off racist lynchers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Till
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Q5KKtZrQOSU/R6dnxgTGkQI/AAAAAAAAANU/1cnKf5KOEzg/s320/emmett+till+composite-266x191.jpg

:rolleyes:
White folk were and have been lynched just as often.
If there was a healthy respect for the 2nd Amendment, perhaps these two kids would have been armed instead of defenseless because they didn't have a permit to carry.

In the early morning hours of Jan. 7, 2007, Chris Newsom and his girlfriend Channon Christian were carjacked and held captive in a house on Chipman Street in Knoxville. Both were raped, tortured and killed. Newsom's body was discovered in the vicinity that afternoon burning alongside railroad tracks. Christian's body was found stuffed in a trashcan inside the house a couple of days later. Five people were arrested in connection with the crime. In October 2009, alleged ringleader Lemaricus Davidson was sentenced to death by lethal injection for his role in the rape and murders. His brother, Letalvis Cobbins, was sentenced to life without parole in August for rape and murder. Eric Boyd is serving an 18-year sentence in federal prison for helping in the carjacking. George Thomas and Vanessa Coleman are awaiting first-degree murder trials.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newso m
http://web.knoxnews.com/images/promos/channon_christian_small2.jpg
http://web.knoxnews.com/images/promos/chris_newsom_small2.jpg

cheapseats
11-27-2009, 12:19 PM
MindOfMo
When push comes right down to shove, Men derive power from weaponry. Period. It stands to Reason that it will be same for Women Without Men.
3 minutes ago from web
MindOfMo
We swashbuckle and saber-rattle in the Middle East, telling them not to oppress their women. Abuse? Fine. Murder? A-Okay. But don't OPPRESS.
9 minutes ago from web

cheapseats
11-27-2009, 03:00 PM
...If there was a healthy respect for the 2nd Amendment, perhaps these two kids would have been armed instead of defenseless because they didn't have a permit to carry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murders_of_Channon_Christian_and_Christopher_Newso m
http://web.knoxnews.com/images/promos/channon_christian_small2.jpg
http://web.knoxnews.com/images/promos/chris_newsom_small2.jpg
MindOfMo
Reasonable Officials will concede imprudence of stopping for Police. Will drive to media outlet for witnesses or, better yet, to TRUCK STOP.
6:41 AM Nov 25th from web

Fer SURE, I'll not spend another half-minute of my life stopped, like the VILLAGE IDIOT, at a red light with neither oncoming nor opposing traffic in view.

cheapseats
11-27-2009, 03:08 PM
l
l

MICHELLE, SASCHA AND MALIA OBAMA DO NOT WARRANT SECURITY SUPERIOR TO MINE
SINGLE WOMEN ARE AMERICANS, TOO, EVEN WITHOUT BIG SWINGING DICK HUSBANDS
l
l

cheapseats
12-12-2009, 09:27 AM
Received ANOTHER email from the NRA, Non-Fighter of Fictitious Fights, this one lamenting Bloomberg mustering billions to pimp Gun Grabbing.

S.O.S. = Sick of this Shit.

to NRA-ILA_Alerts

Speaking of billions, that "we" linger in a sustained War On Guns speaks to people on BOTH sides of the fight makin' Big Bucks. This isn't fuckin' rocket science. The Second Amendment is unambiguous, and we have evidence aplenty that inalienable rights are being trampled.

I spy PROFITEERING. I spy ROPE A DOPE. I spy COWARDICE.

Piss or get off the pot. This drama is longer-running than a daytime soap opera.

cheapseats
04-29-2010, 09:47 PM
Long Gun Registration Bill Still Pending Consideration
Please Continue to Contact the Members of the Assembly Appropriations Committee!

On Wednesday, April 28, the Assembly Appropriations Committee met to consider Assembly Bill 1810 and Assembly Bill 2223. AB1810 was placed into the suspense file due to financial costs and will be reconsidered in the near future. This bill may be acted upon at a later date. Please continue checking your email and www.NRAILA.org for any updates on AB1810. AB2223 was re-scheduled for next week.

AB1810 would establish a registration system, similar to the one currently in place for handguns, for all newly-acquired long guns. Under AB1810, the make, model and serial number of the firearm as well as the identifying information of the purchaser would be recorded and kept on file by the California Attorney General’s office.

If AB1810 were enacted, violent criminals would continue doing what they do now – obtain firearms through illegal means. This bill would not decrease crime but will rather have disastrous effects on the already financially unstable Golden State. AB1810 would impose additional burdens on California’s taxpayers to maintain the registration system as well as on the state’s licensed firearms dealers, small businesses who already deal with extensive business requirements...

[blah, blah, blah]

to NRA-ILA_Alerts
show details 5:43 PM (3 hours ago)

Big, tough Gun Guys are like the rest of America . . . so GRATEFUL for crumbs.

The right to Bear Arms shall not be infringed.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is unambiguous.

Gun registration is infringement.

Go back to Square One and challenge ALL Gun Control, rather than KINDA fighting and LOTSA fundraising over EACH infringement.

Unless, of course, fundraising IS the prize.

cheapseats
05-22-2010, 09:39 AM
l
l

TIME IS REG'LAR FOLKS' MOST PRECIOUS RESOURCE
PAPERWORK IS PRINCIPAL WASTE OF SCARCE TIME

Permits + Registration = Infringement

l
l

psi2941
06-22-2010, 02:57 PM
(Japanese Navy)

http://factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/

get your facts straight

tmosley
06-22-2010, 03:06 PM
http://factcheck.org/2009/05/misquoting-yamamoto/

get your facts straight

We can't find the source, so it must be false!

90+% quotes that aren't from written communications of some sort are either misattributed, or were never spoken.

Historians tend to err on the side of government power. This is why we rarely hear about the leaders who allow freedom to reign, such as those for most of China's history, but we revere those who stole, raped, and murdered to build "great" monuments.

libertybrewcity
06-29-2010, 09:04 PM
very very scary, unfortunately there are strong forces in the United States that want to take our 2nd amendment rights away. we can stop them!

AFPVet
01-05-2011, 09:27 PM
Great post!

cheapseats
04-14-2011, 03:59 PM
MindOfMo

GUN METAL is the new black.

9 Apr

cheapseats
04-14-2011, 04:01 PM
MindOfMo

Can we agree shit's getting outta hand? Those Arabs who won't TAKE anymore, throwing rocks at heavily armed Troops? That's YOU without guns.

9 Apr

cheapseats
04-14-2011, 04:03 PM
MindOfMo

Guns, guns, the weapon of choice /
The more you have, the more you foist /
Your will upon another weaker /
Or foil him who'd be your Keeper.

9 Apr

cheapseats
06-11-2011, 03:33 PM
MindOfMo

Guns, guns, the magical tool /
The more you have, the more you rule /
Or gitchyoo some fer self-defense /
To repel those who jump yer fence.

15 May

cheapseats
06-11-2011, 03:40 PM
MindOfMo

I cannot be the only Observer to observe that, be they good or bad, IMPORTANT people are assassinated, whereas "little people" are KILLED.

30 May

cheapseats
06-11-2011, 03:48 PM
MindOfMo

Only because usurpation of power by few and tyranny of masses has occurred for all of recorded history, let's presume it CAN happen in U.S.

4 Jun

MindOfMo

On off-off chance that America goes awry in same way OTHER empires have gone awry, what will tyrannized masses do without guns? THROW ROCKS?

4 Jun

AFPVet
06-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Cheapseats: you could've merged all of those comments onto one post :)

cheapseats
06-11-2011, 03:51 PM

You could "dress" the other way, what's yer point?

cheapseats
06-11-2011, 03:53 PM

Twitter allows for 140 characters. If posting multiple posts of 140 characters simultaneously were a more effective method of communication, I reckon Twitter (which is more successful than you, me and Ron Paul Forums combined) would restructure their platform along your recommendation.

cheapseats
06-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Off the topic of BEARING ARMS while my country grows increasingly authoritarian AND heavy-handed, I would mention that EVERY FUCKING TIME I POST ON THIS BOARD, SOMEONE COMES ALONG AND TELLS ME I'M DOING IT WRONG.

What y'all don't understand about Libertarianism could fill VOLUMES.

cheapseats
06-11-2011, 04:15 PM
MindOfMo

TERRORIST THREAT and GUN GRABBING go together like FORNICATION and CELIBACY, like EVANGELISM and HUMILITY, like FREEDOM and MICROMANAGEMENT.

9 Jun

MindOfMo

Beefy personal security ALWAYS surrounding #Bilderberg & #BohemianGrove Elite, do they carry KEEP OFF THE GRASS signs or do they carry GUNS?

9 Jun

MindOfMo

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED is unambiguous.

9 Jun

MindOfMo

Very heavy and ever present security surrounding #Bilderberg & #BohemianGrove Elite, DO THEY OR DO THEY NOT WIELD GUNS? Ganders, meet Geese.

9 Jun

MindOfMo

Watch HARRY POTTER & THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX for theatrical depiction of the unmitigated WICKEDNESS of outlawing ability to defend oneself.

9 Jun

MindOfMo

What's good for Congress is good for Citizens. What's good for Fuckers is good for Fucked. This is AMERICA, Jack. We CAN and WILL defend us.

9 Jun

Is it better if I post that way? 'Cuz last time I DID, I was told by Board Big Shot to not "clutter" the board with my tweeting.

Or now that Twitter is a Player, is it okay? Or are there too many capital letters? Too much swearing? WHAT?!

If all y'all believe the doom 'n gloom stuff you ABSOLUTELY disseminate - certainly I'M a Believer - this is NOT the time to keep a vigilant eye on the small picture.

Kalashnikov Josh
07-17-2011, 06:51 PM
http://jpfo.org/images02/ib.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-H1UY2-YDY

[WARNING]
This movie is not for children or the easily upset.
It contains GRAPHIC MATERIAL.

cheapseats
08-03-2011, 07:22 PM
MindOfMo ImplausibleEndeavors
It is difficult to imagine Negroes BECOMING Slaves and IMPOSSIBLE to imagine them REMAINING Slaves, if they had had guns LIKE THEIR MASSA'S.
9 minutes ago

It seems to me INARGUABLE that persecution of #EuropeanJews under Nut Case #AdolfHitler woulda played out differently, IF JEWS HAD HAD GUNS.
14 minutes ago

Officials shall have Military, Police, Secret Service &/or Private Bodyguards, elaborate home/office/travel security, AND PEOPLE GET BUPKIS?
2 hours ago

Officials shall have Military + Police + Secret Service or Private Bodyguards + elaborate home/office security, and we shall have...NOTHING?
2 hours ago

In #Norway, take strict note of NINETY MINUTES that elapsed between arrival of Law Enforcement (i.e. Protection) at FIRST & SECOND shooting.
2 hours ago

Um...there are conceptual light-years between PROTECTING YOU, and getting surveillance photos of YOUR MURDERER. Different as ALIVE and DEAD.
2 hours ago

#GunSales should be BOOMING. #PersonalSecurity + #EconomicStimulus = WIN + WIN. We LOVE those. It would be insane NOT to love Win-Win's.
3 hours ago

If #TerroristThreat is real, NOT WAG-THE-DOG MARKETING & CONTROL MECHANISM, every competent & committed American should CLEARLY arm & train.
3 hours ago

#SuperCongress + #SurrenderOfArms = #Checkmate
3 hours ago

@darkpolitricks: After #DebtDrama, when Public openly expresses "Frustration," next order of business is SURRENDERING OF ARMS? I think not.
3 hours ago

#UnitedNations, which does NOTHING for U.S. but DIMINISH its treasury & reputation, would like to disarm Americans. Yeah, I BET they would.
3 hours ago

Fuggeddabout multi-ethnic. THICK-OF-ANIMOSITIES #UN situated in U.S. constitutes obvious & significant risk to CASH COW #NationalSecurity.
3 hours ago

Watch #HarryPotter & #OrderOfPhoenix for capital-W Wickedness of FORBIDDING meaningful weapons ("spells") to Good Guys. Neat trick, indeed.
4 hours ago

@darkpolitricks: #ATF has bleedin' nerve, after #FastAndFurious & OTHER weapons-for-cooperation SCHEMES. People have RIGHT to self-defense.
4 hours ago

robertmartin
10-27-2011, 02:17 AM
Wow, great what an amazing and long thread you have shared here. Gun control is one of the absolute ways to control a populace. It may be the absolute way for all I know. Your thread really helpful to me for completing my dissertation on gun control (http://essayscouncil.com/). If the government ever enacts gun control, be prepared for a revolution. And a huge civil war. We know already have too many laws on gun control. More laws aren't going to help anything. Maybe enforcing the laws will.
Anyway once again thanks for sharing such a broad topic here...
Have a good day :)

kwikrnu
11-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Wow, great what an amazing and long thread you have shared here. Gun control is one of the absolute ways to control a populace. It may be the absolute way for all I know. Your thread really helpful to me for completing my dissertation on gun control (http://essayscouncil.com/). If the government ever enacts gun control, be prepared for a revolution. And a huge civil war. We know already have too many laws on gun control. More laws aren't going to help anything. Maybe enforcing the laws will.
Anyway once again thanks for sharing such a broad topic here...
Have a good day :)

What do you mean, "IF"? The government already has enacted gun control laws. HR822 is adding even more and the NRA is supporting it. There is no revolution or uprising. Most people can care less about gun rights.

Brent H
01-12-2012, 12:14 PM
MESSAGE TO KWIKRNU:

Please write a list of actions you have taken on behalf of Ron Paul (distribution of educational materials, phone banking, etc.)

1. __________________
2. __________________
3. __________________
4. __________________
5. __________________

Please list the amounts and dates of your donations to the Ron Paul campaign:

1. __________________
2. __________________
3. __________________
4. __________________
5. __________________

pcosmar
01-13-2012, 08:06 AM
MESSAGE TO KWIKRNU:

How many times are you going to post this SPAM Message.
A large portion of the Militia supports Ron Paul as well as anyone that understands the 2nd Amendment.

He is absolutely right about his NO COMPROMISE position on carrying arms. Anywhere any time and any manner.
He is absolutely right about calling out organizations that falsely claim to support this RIGHT.

cheapseats
02-10-2012, 12:02 PM
I cannot imagine anyone on this Board doesn't know that Twitter is read bottom-up but, ya never know. I don't "do" Facebook. How radical is THAT? Thumping the Constitution radical, THAT'S how radical.

Fuck reformatting. I really do think Time is of the essence. Not in a Mayan way, exactly, but in a BIG way.

ImplausibleEndeavors @MindOfMo Reply Delete Favorite · Open
HELLO? Getting surveillance footage of your Rapist/Murderer so he can be fed into lucrative "Justice" System is NOT same as protecting you.

3h ImplausibleEndeavors @MindOfMo Reply Delete Favorite · Open
72 HOURS is estimate I have read more than once, for how long before cities disintegrate into PANDEMONIUM, if delivery trucks do not arrive.

3h ImplausibleEndeavors @MindOfMo Reply Delete Favorite · Open
I can fear-monger, too! Think back to horror of #Katrina, missing & dead mounting daily. Think back to panic of 9/11. PROTECTION = ILLUSION.

4h ImplausibleEndeavors @MindOfMo Reply Delete Favorite · Open
#Jews in #NaziGermany were not permitted to own #guns, ISN'T THAT RIGHT?

I cannot be the only educated person who ever wondered, WITHOUT trivializing #Holocaust, why #Jews were so very TIMID and so very COMPLIANT.

Americans, Americans, come in Americans! World? Anyone out there? WE ARE GETTING ROYALLY SCREWED. There are way WAY more of us than of them.

#TerroristThreat + #LAPD #WarRoom + #GunGrabbing = MIND FUCK. Given global ground conditions, ARMING & TRAINING is #CommonSense = UNCOMMON.

cheapseats
03-05-2012, 04:28 PM
ImplausibleEndeavors ‏ @MindOfMo Reply Delete Favorite · Open
EXACTLY-AND-I-MEAN-EXACTLY LIKE #ISRAEL, I UNAMBIGUOUSLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND MYSELF.

EXACTLY-I-MEAN-EXACTLY LIKE #JEWS, I UNAMBIGUOUSLY AND UNEQUIVOCALLY RESERVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND MYSELF.

#MastersOfFate = #DelusionsOfGrandeur. That said, like #Israelites, I must inflexibly insist upon maximal self-determination & self-defense.

JohnLVT
03-13-2012, 02:29 AM
GUN CONTROLS AND RESULTS:

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were Rounded up and exterminated.
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5
Million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated.
Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a
Total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves Were rounded up and exterminated.
China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million Political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated
Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981,
100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated.
Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and Exterminated.
Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one
Million educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded Up and exterminated.
-----------------------------
Defenceless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century Because of gun control: 56 million.

Do you think people with hand guns would have prevented tanks and heavy weapons? This is laughable. You are La La land. I see you missed Great Britain. Guns banned and deaths from gunshot each year are only a few. And no one was mass murdered by the government either because the population didn't have guns. Duh! :)

JohnLVT
03-13-2012, 03:10 AM
The US gun lobby presents a myth of Swiss parading around the streets with
loaded automatic weapons ready to blow away criminals and foreign invaders.
They hold this up as they way to go. In fact Swiss Army reservists that keep
weapons at home are required to have them unloaded and locked up. The
small supply of ammunition is kept sealed. Only able bodied men between 18
and mid 40s have an army gun at home. Women are not called up. After
service the gun goes back to the army. So, most Swiss do not have military
hardware at home.

American households are far more likely to have a firearm at home than Swiss.
In a Swiss home it will likely be locked up in a secure military cabinet

Gun control in Switzerland

1. The Swiss militia

Military service in Switzerland is compulsory and all male Swiss citizens
incorporated in combatant militia units are taught how to shoot, beginning
at age 20 with basic military training. Rifle clubs teach younger men how
to shoot in voluntary preparatory courses.

All combatant militia troops (ages 20 to 50) are obliged to keep their
personal weapon, normally an automatic assault rifle and ammunition at home.
The army takes effective possession of some secure storage space for the
draftee's equipment, including the gun, in the latter's home.

Every male over 18 fit for military service is issued a type of M16 gun with
rounds of ammnuition to be used in the event of war, that same gun must be
presented twice annually to the inspection station with all sealed
ammuntion.

It is strictly forbidden to use the military weapons for any non-authorized
prposes. While each militiaman keeps some sealed ammunition at home, he is
under no circumstances allowed to use the ammunition for any private use.

A militiaman who uses his military weapon for unauthorized and improper
purposes may, under military criminal law, be sentenced to prison or, if the
offense is of small gravity, be punished by disciplinary action.

2. The purchasing of private firearms

The purchase of firearms and ammunition is subject to cantonal (State)
legislation, and the regulations vary from Canton to Canton. Some minimal
rules have, however, been agreed upon in a so-called "Concordat" which binds
all Cantons.

In this "Concordat" in its latest revision of 1970 it is stated

that whoever sells firearms and ammunition commercially
must have an authorization (firearm-sale permit) issued
by the competent authority of the canton where the
business is domiciled;
commercial sales of firearms are only allowed to persons
presenting a duly signed "firearms purchase certificate"
issued by the competent authorities of the canton where
the purchaser is domiciled;
such purchase certificates are not issued to persons under
18 years of age, to mentally ill people, to persons under
guardianship, to alcoholics, as well as to persons with a
criminal record, or if reasonable suspicion of doing harm
with a weapon to themselves or third parties exists.
persons authorized to sell firearms are required to keep
detailed records containing the date of sale, the exact
personal data of the purchaser, the number, issuing
authority and date of the "purchase certificate", as well
as the type and serial number of the firearm.

The purchase of a firearm requires a permit in all Swiss cantons. The
carrying and transportation of firearms and other weapons to is subject to
the issuance of a special permit in the following cantons:

Zurich, Lucerne, Schwyz, Obwalden, Freiburg, Solothurn, Basel City,
Schaffhausen, Appenzell Interior Rhodes, St. Gallen, Thurgau, Ticino,
Neuchatel, Geneva.

The "Weapon Rules" of the Canton of Zurich, which regulates the trade in
weapons and ammunition as well as the carrying and owning of weapons, and
are fairly representative of other cantonal rules, subject the carrying of
handguns, gasguns, pointed weapons (such as daggers, etc.), blunt weapons
(such as knuckledusters, etc.), as well as the transportation of these
weapons in public transport facilities to a personal permit (weapon permit),
valid up to 2 years, if danger to the applicant's person or property can be
substantiated. Private ownership of machine pistols, machine guns, explosive
weapons (i.e. hand grenades and bombs) as well as weapon simulating articles
of daily use, is prohibited.

Automatic and Semiautomatic weapons can only be purchased (and carried) with
a special permit issued by the Federal Military Department (Department of
Defense), after consultation with the Federal Police, and a special cantonal
authorization which generally is only granted to collectors.
_____

cheapseats
03-26-2012, 04:11 PM
I've written a fair amount on firearms, and I'm usually careful to point out that a gun is morally neutral, as are knives, swords, sticks, stones, etc. How a person uses an object gives it a moral value for that act, and that act alone. An object just is. -- Sunni Maravillosa

As a card-carrying member of the liberal media, producing this piece was an eye opening experience. I have to admit that I saw guns as inherently evil, violence begets violence, and so on. I have learned, however, that in trained hands, just the presence of a gun can be a real 'man stopper.' I am sorry that women have had to resort to this, but wishing it wasn't so won't make it any safer out there. -- Jill Feldstein

Women are the only exploited group in history to have been idealized into powerlessness. -- Erica Jong

Women are not the weak, frail little flowers that they are advertised. There has never been anything invented yet, including war, that a man would enter into, that a woman wouldn't, too. --Will Rogers

A person who sees an armed thug coming down the hallway toward him may desire a speedier means of relief than a call to the American Civil Liberties Union. -- William F. Buckley, jr.

You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face... The danger lies in refusing to face the fear, in not daring to come to grips with it... You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -- Eleanor Roosevelt

And the little girl had approached the bed no nearer than thirty feet when she pulled out a pistol and shot the wolf dead; for even in a cap and nightgown a wolf looks no more like your grandmother than Calvin Coolidge looks like the Metro-Goldwyn lion. Moral: Little girls are not so easy to fool nowadays as they used to be. -- James Thurber

There's nothing wrong with shooting so long as the right people get shot. -- Dirty Harry Calahan

There are precious few horror films that couldn't be cut well short by a single loaded 12 ga and someone with the sense to use it. -- K.R. Murphy

Most women defend themselves. It is the female of the species -- it is the tigress and lioness in you -- which tends to defend when attacked. -- Margaret Thatcher

It's not enough to be able to pick up a sword. You have to know which end to poke into the enemy. -- Terry Pratchett

As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

A gun isn't supposed to be comfortable; it's supposed to be comforting. -- Clint Smith

Well, it's true. I am fast. But I also can't hit shit, especially when I'm shooting against real people. So I need all the bullets I can get. -- "Bret Maverick" (James Garner)

It is, in fact, possible to be politically progressive and vigorously pro-gun, just as it is possible to be politically conservative and determinedly pro-choice. Yet most people, whether scholars or laypersons, like to equate gun owning with conservatism, and feminism with liberalism. The realities are far more complex. Gun owners, male and female, represent an array of political and social perspectives. So, of course, do feminists. -- Mary Zeiss Stange and Carol K. Oyster

Is there anything wrong with a woman preferring the dignity of an armed citizen? I don't like to be coddled and I don't like to be treated like a minor child. So I waive immunity and claim my right -- I go armed. -- "Longcourt Phyllis" in Beyond This Horizon by Robert Heinlein

I have always believed that a true gentleman provides covering fire while a lady is reloading. -- Tamara

http://www.corneredcat.com/Quotes/

GuerrillaXXI
03-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Do you think people with hand guns would have prevented tanks and heavy weapons? This is laughable. You are La La land. I see you missed Great Britain. Guns banned and deaths from gunshot each year are only a few. And no one was mass murdered by the government either because the population didn't have guns. Duh! :)Somehow the crappy old rifles and homemade explosives of the Taliban are making things pretty difficult for the most advanced military in the world and its NATO allies in Afghanistan.

Asymmetric warfare is even more effective in the context of a civil war, since a government that uses heavy weapons and indiscriminate force on its own cities and population undermines its own legitimacy and harms the very economy it depends on to fund itself. A government cannot function if it's so hated by the population that any one of its agents can be shot at any time if he so much as ventures out in public.

osan
11-10-2012, 07:35 AM
http://www.un.org/disarmament/convarms/ATTPrepCom/Documents/PrepCom4%20Documents/PrepCom%20Report_E_20120307.pdf

"5. Reaffirming also the right of self-determination of all peoples, taking into
account the particular situation of peoples under colonial or other forms of alien
domination or foreign occupation, and recognizing the rights of peoples to take
legitimate action in accordance with the Charter of the United Nations to realize
their inalienable right of self-determination. This shall not be construed as
authorizing or encouraging any action that would dismember or impair, totally or in
part, the territorial integrity or political unity of sovereign and independent States
conducting themselves in compliance with the principle of equal rights and self determination of peoples"

Note the weasel wording. Out of one side of their mouths they speak of rights and self-determination. From the other side they qualify it. How, I ask, is regulation of commerce in arms respectful of self-determination and human rights?

These people are dangerous idiots. The UN should be dissolved. If they resist, the should be escorted into the Void.

osan
11-10-2012, 08:07 AM
I highly recommend everyone make a good faith effort to imagine what a pile of bodies numbering 50 millions looks like. If we assume every body occupies about 5 cubic feet of volume including "dead space" between the individual cadavers, we have a pile occupying 250 million cubic feet of volume. That is a cube almost exactly 630 feet to the side, which is to say, about 9 acres of surface area per side. Spread out one body deep, the corpses would cover an area of about 11 THOUSAND acres, or just under 18 square miles, nearly the area of Manhattan. Imagine arriving on that island only to find yourself unable to take a step without trampling upon a corpse from the battery to a bit north of the Cloisters. That is a lot of murder. Try wrapping your head around that. Can you? Probably not, but you should at least try.

cheapseats
12-21-2012, 01:09 PM
ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
Police brutality cases on rise since 9/11 http://usat.ly/9cttY7 @USATODAY

Police Brutality in the USA: Americans, Too Are Oppressed http://shar.es/h6l3l via @grtvnews

Police brutality charges sweep across the U.S. http://gu.com/p/32zbc/tw via @guardian

19 Dec ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
I double-dare Pansies and Politicians to spend one hour on Google-search of POLICEMAN CONVICTED. "About 122,000,000 results (0.15 seconds)"

Who remembers THRILL KILLER Staff Sergeant #CalvinGibbs? Resounding FUCK YOU to pansies who say only Soldiers & Police should have big guns.

"Power tends to corrupt & absolute power corrupts absolutely." HEY! I have a WUNDEBAR idea! Concentrate decisive weaponry in Official hands!

@WeenieLeftists: You imagine YOUR GUY/GAL is always at helm. What about when it's another BUSH/CHENEY...you want THEM to have all the guns?

Monopolies do NOT NOT NOT serve nebulous & elusive Greater Good. That is not "only" true of firepower, it is PARTICULARLY true of firepower.

I implore YELLOW-BELLIED #GunGrabbers who think only Police/Military should have big guns to pleeeeease pull their heads out of their asses.

Do you trust Government & Badges to protect you? #ClintEastwood, #DirtyHarry: "You've got to ask yourself one question: 'DO I FEEL LUCKY?'"

Capturing your murderer via surveillance footage & feeding "Perp" to lucrative LegalSystem & IncarcerationIncorporated does NOT protect you.

15 Dec ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
Guns are persuasive where saying PLEASE DON'T HURT ME is waste of breath...presuming you are still conscious & your mouth is not taped shut.

Dec ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
Ask not what your country can do FOR you, but TO you. Ask first not whether you trust Govt to PROTECT you, but whether you TRUST GOVERNMENT.

This much I know is true: Trying to disarm own Citizenry while marketing & monetizing #TerrorThreats & #NationalSecurity REEKS of Bad Faith.

I know, I know, it could never happen here. But if PowerGrab DID happen here...without guns, we'd be like Middle Easterners THROWING ROCKS.

14 Dec ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
Graduate of SandyhookElementarySchool, on shooting: "No one would ever have thought anything like this could happen here." #FamousLastWords

Barrex
12-21-2012, 03:04 PM
This is what happens when "gun free zones" are implemented on larger scale:

The Srebrenica "safe area" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre#The_Srebrenica_.22safe_area.22 )Srebrenica 1995: 8000+ dead. HOW? UN/NATO forces disarmed people and then simply left... Serbs came in and massacred unarmed and defenseless population.

cheapseats
12-21-2012, 03:12 PM
This is what happens when "gun free zones" are implemented on larger scale:

The Srebrenica "safe area" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Srebrenica_massacre#The_Srebrenica_.22safe_area.22 )Srebrenica 1995: 8000+ dead. HOW? UN/NATO forces disarmed people and then simply left... Serbs came in and massacred unarmed and defenseless population.

Sooo...the MANY weapons "we" funnel to whichever "side" we like...pray tell, are they SEMI-AUTOMATIC and AUTOMATIC? Those guns outlive wars.

What's the plan if people we have armed with BIG guns turn them on gunless Americans, like Afghanis we trained turned guns on U.S. Soldiers?

Will #GunGrabbers, Peaceniks & ScaredyCats concede "we" have sold many many many big guns to "Friendlies" that wind up in un-friendly hands?

If America is attacked while her ARMED citizens are scattered overseas, gunless Americans are SCREWED. I know, I know, it can't happen here.

If American Citizens don't need serious weapons, then it's time to call #WarOnTerror SUSPENDED and to SERIOUSLY slash billions spent on DHS.

seapilot
12-21-2012, 09:21 PM
Somehow the crappy old rifles and homemade explosives of the Taliban are making things pretty difficult for the most advanced military in the world and its NATO allies in Afghanistan.

Asymmetric warfare is even more effective in the context of a civil war, since a government that uses heavy weapons and indiscriminate force on its own cities and population undermines its own legitimacy and harms the very economy it depends on to fund itself. A government cannot function if it's so hated by the population that any one of its agents can be shot at any time if he so much as ventures out in public.

French Resistance during WW2 is another good example. Overrun by a superior force they fought back with simple basic one shot pistols dropped by US allied aircraft. With that simple pistol a French Resistance could ambush a Nazi soldier and then take their weapons. With the Nazi Soldiers captured weapons they could get then use those to ambush more and capture artillery etc.

Pericles
12-23-2012, 05:49 PM
There are no obsolete weapons, but there are obsolete tactics.

cheapseats
12-24-2012, 04:38 PM
At least 22 children stabbed in attack at Chinese school http://aje.me/UFqHG6 via @AJEnglish

Ban guns! Wait...ban guns & KNIVES! Better yet, ban guns, knives, bows & arrows and anything that could be culprit in "BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA."

#MS13 + #Trinitarios + #DominicansDon'tPlay (DDP) = MACHETE TOTING GANGS. Where are calls to have #MACHETES specially licensed & regulated?

"Gangs live & breathe terrorism," Salinas explains, "& hacking someone with a machete is much more poignant than shooting them with a gun."

#MS13 is "transnational" gang, mainly Hispanic. #Trinitorios is "multinational" gang, mainly Hispanic. #DDP gang is ethnically Hispanic...

By #GunGrabber reasoning, should we ban MACHETES or HISPANICS?

Now. Presume UNARMED public, and imagine SECOND INCIDENT occurring on other side of town from #SandyHookElementary. SHIT OUTTA LUCK...RIGHT?

cheapseats
02-05-2013, 11:43 AM
28 Jan ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
“In the spirit of gun control, will you disarm your entire security team?” #Bloomberg's reply: “Uh...you...we’ll get right back to you.”

29 ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
@MikeBloomberg: Expendable LITTLE PEOPLE are waiting to learn if Billionaire GunGrabbing Mayor has HUTZPAH to eliminate own armed Security.

cheapseats
02-23-2013, 07:09 AM
22 Feb ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
If #BackgroundChecks can resolve America's #GunViolence problem, "we" can ALSO ixnay #IdentityTheft. Otherwise, they're "just" #GunGrabbing.

22 Feb ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
If Obama & Congress fixated on balancing budget rather than harping on RED HERRING of #GunControl, we wouldn't be facing #SequestrationCuts.

cheapseats
02-23-2013, 08:02 AM
23 Feb ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
Guns, guns, red herring du jour / TRUST US is the tired lure / Give us your guns and we'll protect you / Swamp land for sale! Unicorns, too!

I wonder what will Americans do, when our Government is outta control and our Enemies are well-armed with weaponry "we" sold (or gave) them.

Silly Rabbit, it's not #GunControl...it's GUN VIOLENCE REDUCTION. #Euphemism #Spin #Malarkey #Bullshit I SPY FORKED TONGUES & SILVER SPOONS.

cheapseats
02-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Looks to me like Officials wanna grab Americans' guns BEFORE saddling Americans with tax hikes & spending cuts needed to mop OFFICIAL mess.

LOL, you think taxes are rapacious & civil rights violations are rampant? Whatcha gonna DO about it? What CAN you do? That's right, NOTHING.

cheapseats
03-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Vladimir Lenin: "One man with a gun can control 100 without one."

Clint Eastwood: "I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it."

cheapseats
03-12-2013, 05:44 PM
12 Mar ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
Pew: For Every 10 Americans, Only 3 Trust The Government « CBS DC http://cbsloc.al/W7BiOr

30% of Americans Trust Government: Corruption, CronyCapitalism & Trampling BillOfRights Lead to Widespread Distrust: http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/03/only-30-of-americans-trust-our-government.html …

By what pollyanna illogic do Americans who OVERWHELMINGLY distrust their own government then TRUST their government with MONOPOLY ON FORCE?

BBC News - New York policeman Gilberto Valle guilty of CANNIBAL plot http://bbc.in/13TJo0J

Do Gooders & Scaredy Cates who imagine safety lies in Military & Police having all guns should READ HISTORY &/or have their HEADS EXAMINED.

SkepticalMetal
05-02-2013, 01:31 PM
I've tried debating these gun control-worshipping lefties. It gets you nowhere, absolutely nowhere - they always cite statistics about gun violence like the Torah, but when you bring up statistics in your favor, they dismiss your stats as fake. Of course, I am generalizing - there are certainly left-wingers out there capable of listening to anti-control arguments and switching over (I was practically a Marxist before Ron Paul convinced me otherwise) but aside from that minority, there seems to be no stopping their jovial rooting for totalitarianism. Any argument gets shot down with something so absurd that it baffles you why it's even worth your time responding.