PDA

View Full Version : This is what I got from our local GOP club

Akus
02-22-2008, 12:16 PM
Please try to arrange your schedule so that you can attend the GIRC meeting this month. Many of us are pretty depressed about the apparent presidential nominee and ?????? is going to talk to us about the importance of voting in the primary.

The Sheriff's race is sufficient reason here in Dallas. The Sheriff's race may well be essentially Dallas County's "top of the ticket draw" although I sincerely hope that all Republicans will go and vote for their presidential pick in the Primary. Many of the original candidates are still on the ballot so we can register whether our pick was Romney, McCain, Hunter, Huckabee or whomever.

I :oed at the notion that Ron Paul wasn't even brought up here. Why are we given a choice in primaries to vote for Mitt Romney or Duncan Hunter when they have dropped out? I don't understand.

acptulsa
02-22-2008, 12:20 PM
1) Our man is there, and under his usual monniker--"whomever".:mad:

2) Romney et al are there to help us split the idiot vote, of course.:D

mczerone
02-22-2008, 12:24 PM
1st: you get the chance to vote for them because they aren't going to reprint ballots to remove names.

2nd: now that its easier to list the remaining 3 names, they go out of their way to avoid listing Ron Paul's name at all by listing those who have dropped out, rather than recommend LOOKING AT THE ISSUES OF THOSE REMAINING to vote your actual preference for who can still get the nomination. Though, maybe this message will keep the McCain numbers down to allow for a Paul win?