PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a job? Or atleast a steady income?

FreedomLover
08-15-2007, 12:33 AM
I know Ron Paul gets a lot of young professionals and cynical middle-aged independents and libertarians. So whenever I see a fundraiser thread, I wonder if some of these people are literally reaching into their savings to support Ron Paul, especially the high-schoolers and college students, which is also a big bloc of support.

So, here's a poll to satisfy my curiosity. :cool:

I myself am unemployed and have donated 500 so far. But this is from "leftovers" from my old job, so it doesn't really count.

McDermit
08-15-2007, 12:40 AM
i was self employed... Got burnt out.. And am taking an "extended vacation." it's been nearly a year since i've worked. I've been living off of my home equity. Lol

McDermit
08-15-2007, 12:43 AM
i was self employed... Got burnt out.. And am taking an "extended vacation." it's been nearly a year since i've worked. I've been living off of my home equity. Lol

I've donated 1000 directly to the campaign, another 1000 in cash to various grassroots efforts, and over 5000 in supplies. Still going strong.

DeadheadForPaul
08-15-2007, 12:49 AM
college student here

maiki
08-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Im a grad student, so I do get [a very paltry, less than needed to make fair tax worth it] stipend every month.

Man from La Mancha
08-15-2007, 12:57 AM
You forgot those with income an no job and those that are rich

angelatc
08-15-2007, 12:58 AM
You can lump my husband and into the cynical middle aged (ouch!) independents category.

njandrewg
08-15-2007, 01:01 AM
not sure which option to go with...I have my own company but we are still in development stage so its ramen and noodles for now hehe. So technically its a job, but no income

Jon S
08-15-2007, 01:06 AM
haha im a student who has donated out of the income i had with my pizza job in 05. a series of moves has kept me from getting a job since then but i'm trying to get one now

Razmear
08-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Been out of work for over a month, now selling silver on Ebay to pay the bills while I continue to hunt for work.

eb

Stinker
08-15-2007, 01:23 AM
I had a normal job, but quit it. Now I am in the army, so I am part of the government that steals half of your check :o . I've donated $100 so far and plan on the $2300 limit

skiingff
08-15-2007, 01:32 AM
I have two full-time jobs and am in the Army National Guard. I am also a student online. Now I'm aggressively spearheading an effort to get RP tv ads on the air in New Hampshire ASAP. Luckily, one of my jobs is nothing but free time :)

fj45lvr
08-15-2007, 05:47 AM
need to add "self employed" to list where you earn your own living but don't live "check" to "check" working for the "man".

markpa
08-15-2007, 05:54 AM
I workhard all week and pay huge taxes like most Americans.

Nefertiti
08-15-2007, 06:35 AM
I think the choices are poor. As someone said, some of us are self-employed. And not all students are unemployed either. As a student for many years, I spent most of my time working at least part time, and sometimes even more than full-time. Some people may be retired living off a pension.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-15-2007, 06:45 AM
I'm somewhere in between as well. Investor/landlord/self-employed/full-time Ron Paul volunteer. Don't actually get a check every month.

David Merrill
08-15-2007, 06:59 AM
I know Ron Paul gets a lot of young professionals and cynical middle-aged independents and libertarians. So whenever I see a fundraiser thread, I wonder if some of these people are literally reaching into their savings to support Ron Paul, especially the high-schoolers and college students, which is also a big bloc of support.

So, here's a poll to satisfy my curiosity. :cool:

I myself am unemployed and have donated 500 so far. But this is from "leftovers" from my old job, so it doesn't really count.

I draft remedy for others. I never advertize and referrals keep me just as busy as I like to be.

I teach people how to redeem the national debt with their paychecks and therefore become constituency for Ron Paul's bills to abolish the Fed:

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/c108query.html
Search "HR 2778"

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/c110query.html
Search "HR 2755"

If people continue endorsing private credit from the Fed instead of redeeming lawful money that signature overrides all the lip service. Without a constituency when Ron is President he will be working against the American People (who support and endorse the Fed) should he try to go to metals like JFK with silver certificates. Watch the left-handed Secret Service driver carefully. He inspects the rifle wound, determines it was not fatal and pulls his pistol and shoots JFK in the head!

http://www.suijuris.net/forum/attachments/general-discusion/2299-jfk-killed-treasury-jfk-assassination-clip.zip?d=1160275932

When I showed a great 1984 article to a suitor he wanted me to produce a video:

http://friends-n-family-research.info/FFR/Merrill_PublicMoney.wmv
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1054706869308133588

People pay me cash (lawful money being US notes in the form of FRNs since 1971) to draft remedy. Your topic is about funds and I suppose how to improve fundraising. By my figuring diverting the Fed constituency to Ron Paul for President is a pretty good campaign contribution.

Regards,

David Merrill.

quickmike
08-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Self employed contractor doing networking and diagnostics for various wireless broadband companies who provide high speed internet services for people in rural areas that normaly could not get high speed access without these services.

We need Ron Paul to prevent the IRS from continuing to directly steal directly 24% of my time busting my ass on a daily basis, and indirectly stealing another 20 to 30% through inflation and other indirect taxes. Not just for me, but for everyone who works to get ahead in a free market.

fj45lvr
08-15-2007, 07:44 AM
QUICKMIKE ...

the income tax on your labor (which you exchange for something) is only VOLUNTARY.....

there is no law requiring you to pay it. If you know where the law is let somebody know because there is a huge reward being offered for this info!!

just don't voluntarily contribute anymore.

quickmike
08-15-2007, 07:52 AM
QUICKMIKE ...

the income tax on your labor (which you exchange for something) is only VOLUNTARY.....

there is no law requiring you to pay it. If you know where the law is let somebody know because there is a huge reward being offered for this info!!

just don't voluntarily contribute anymore.

Yeah, thats true, but look at Ed and Elaine Brown in NH. They raided her dental office because she didnt pay, didnt help them to say "sorry, theres no law requiring me to pay"

You have two choices. First being your idea, to not pay and let them come take all your belongings because you didnt pay. They will come eventually too. The second option is try to get someone elected to end this illegal law that doesnt really exist, yet they enforce it anyway.

I see what youre saying, but its not practical in the sense that if I dont pay, im gonna either get my property seized, or take the other route and shoot them when they come to do it. Either way, im out of business. I saw Freedom to Fascism the day it came out and agree with it all, but its not practical unless youre willing to sacrifice your whole life to try and buck the system.

Lets just get RP elected guys.

fj45lvr
08-15-2007, 08:02 AM
but its not practical unless youre willing to sacrifice your whole life to try and buck the system.

Now you're starting to talk like the founders!!! only need a few hundred thousand willing to make that sacrafice and we can "buck" it.

Of course it is not "publicized" but there are people that are taken to court and do win for not filing and/or not voluntarily giving. (recently an attorney was found not quilty by jury). Paul has said that it is a "risk" though.

ronpaulhawaii
08-15-2007, 08:15 AM
need to add "self employed" to list where you earn your own living but don't live "check" to "check" working for the "man".

Ditto.

It seems my whole life I have had to fill out that damn box, "Other, Please explain"

quickmike
08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Now you're starting to talk like the founders!!! only need a few hundred thousand willing to make that sacrafice and we can "buck" it.

Of course it is not "publicized" but there are people that are taken to court and do win for not filing and/or not voluntarily giving. (recently an attorney was found not quilty by jury). Paul has said that it is a "risk" though.

Same thing happened in Peoria, IL near where I live. The lawyer for the guy was a tax expert and used the fact that the control number on the 1040 form isnt a real control number for the Paperwork Reduction Act, so thereby it was not a legal and binding document. The DA and the IRS dropped the case because they knew if it was made public, they would stand to have the embarassment placed upon them. They dropped all charges 2 days before trial.

The problem with things like this, is the fact that most judges wont allow these these things brought up to the juries. Alot of it depends on how corrupt the judge is. Youre right, it can be beaten, but most likely not. Like RP said, it is a very risky. Im not willing to take that risk yet though. If RP were to lose the election, I might consider it, but why take the chance now when were this close to possibly getting it done non violently? And rest assured, if I were to "buck the system" there would be dead bodies, possibly my own because these thugs dont take no for an answer and they have guns and so do I.

mdh
08-15-2007, 08:20 AM
I am a full-time political activist at this time. This has become my day job.

disinter
08-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Work. $2,300 donated. $4,600 for my household.

Thatguyuknow
08-15-2007, 09:48 AM
I'm a college student who works part-time, so I went ahead and voted for "job"

David Merrill
08-15-2007, 05:45 PM
I see what youre saying, but its not practical in the sense that if I dont pay, im gonna either get my property seized, or take the other route and shoot them when they come to do it. Either way, im out of business. I saw Freedom to Fascism the day it came out and agree with it all, but its not practical unless youre willing to sacrifice your whole life to try and buck the system.

I disagree with A:FTF because there is a law requiring people to pay income tax. It is that no states shall abrogate the obligations of contract. People continue to endorse the Fed; oh well. If you endorse private credit from the Fed, quit complaining about the Fed!

Note in the introduction, I was so upset with Aaron Russo about his misconceptions around the income tax, the video itself is a counterpoint to his movie.

http://friends-n-family-research.info/FFR/Merrill_PublicMoney.wmv
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1054706869308133588

Regards,

David Merrill.

pwnsey
08-15-2007, 05:50 PM
College student but have a job.