PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Must Run 3rd Party

bobbyw24
02-22-2008, 07:07 AM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article2845.html

Independent-Third Party Run is Mandatory for Ron Paul!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contrary to prevalent beliefs among political pundits, a third party is workable. But it must be properly structured if it is to succeed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
by Nelson Hultberg
(Libertarian)
Let's quit fooling ourselves. America is now a ONE PARTY STATE! Republicans and Democrats have become nothing but two divisions of the same party. Massive statism rules them both.

There is only one hope for reform. Americans must challenge the Demopublicans with a third political party. But it must be a real third party that can actually pose a threat to the Demopublicans' monopolistic rule.

It is a fallacy to say third parties in America cannot work! The reason why is because all third parties in the past century, like the Libertarians and Perot's Reformers, have been built upon two disastrous strategy flaws ("marginalization" and "cloning") that automatically doom them to failure. But correct these two fundamental errors and a genuine challenge to the Demopublicans can be launched.

Americans for a Free Republic www.afr.org has developed a cogent plan to correct these two errors and challenge today's establishment with the FREE AMERICAN PARTY. Our Mission Statement explains how the plan will work.

There is a massive groundswell of Americans out there that now senses Republicans and Democrats are one and the same and that an alternative political vision must be formed. Such a groundswell needs only to be tapped with the appropriate combination of savvy and passion. Ron Paul is the leader to accomplish this, but we must convince him to run a third-party campaign. See our Petition of Support for Ron Paul.

If we fail to convince Congressman Paul for the 2008 campaign, then we must set about building the FREE AMERICAN PARTY for 2012. This revolution will not be won in one campaign. We live in a watershed era of history. Great, epochal changes are coming; and only a properly structured third-party campaign can capitalize on these changes to restore America to the Founders' vision.

Will Paul be willing to run again in 2012? Will he be willing to go the third party route? If he isn't, then there will surely be another revolutionary leader that will come to the front. This movement is bigger than any one man.

With John McCain (nothing more than George Bush II) winning the nomination, there is going to be a major disaffection of conservatives and libertarians from the Republican Party between now and 2012. These millions can be enlisted into a third-party effort. The Republican Party is quite possibly in the initial stages of "cracking up."

Moreover, a host of severe economic crises (ruinous government debt, social security and medicare bankruptcy, peak oil, immigration overload, recession-stagflation, etc.) is going to bring great tumult and also great opportunity to the freedom movement in the next 10 years. It is an opportunity that we need to start preparing for now, but such preparation must be based upon the formation of a real third party that has some teeth.

Americans for a Free Republic www.afr.org has solved the two fundamental errors of all third parties. Its "Two Pillars Strategy" will garner the necessary 15% in the polls and put a freedom candidate with gravitas into the National TV debates held in October. This will put the libertarian-conservative message in front of 100 million voters in a non-threatening manner and allow us to effectively challenge both the Demopublican candidates, not just once, but every election year.

AFR's strategy is big time, TV oriented, major league politics that will rock the nation and make history. It will not win right away, but it will gradually over the next two decades stop the growth of the Leviathan cold.

Jeremy
02-22-2008, 07:09 AM
The reason why he can't is because he'd have to leave the GOP and therefore leave congress

yongrel
02-22-2008, 07:15 AM
He isn't running 3rd party. He has said this many, many, many, many times.

speciallyblend
02-22-2008, 07:45 AM
it isnt ron pauls choice,ron paul already has my 3rd party vote.

WRITE IN RON PAUL,the gop is done,we do have 4 yrs to build the party maybe,but for the general election the republican party is dead ,unless they have an awakening by convention day and nominate Ron Paul

acptulsa
02-22-2008, 08:37 AM
We don't have to write him in. We can get ballot access petitions signed in every state and get him on the ballot with or without the G.O.P. We won't get Ron Paul's permission to do it because Dr. Paul's smart enough to know that would piss the G.O.P. off before the brokered convention negotiations begin, but that's o.k. No one thinks Dr. Paul can control us, either.

This brokered convention will be the turning point. Either the G.O.P. reforms or it does as the Whigs do before it--it crumples into a heap of dust and a new party is born in the ashes. If they resist us even while we get ballot access petitions signed, they are too stubborn to survive and they won't. That is, non students of history, how the Republican Party was born. This was in 1860 and the party's first success at getting their "third party candidate" in over the dead body of the Whig party was Lincoln.

Ron Paul may or may not be the magic candidate that marks our first success. He may just be the focal point that helps us bring down the status quo. I, for one, would rather see us be smart enough to make the first option come true, rather than the second. One thing seems certain--2012 will be a new era!

Almost time to revive the song Happy Days are Here Again. But not quite--we have a lot of work yet to do!

WilliamC
02-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Why all these pundents and experts keep insisting that they know what is best for Ron Paul to do is beyond me.

I know essentially nothing about the grand scheme of things, except for what little I glean from the internet.

I have no doubt that Ron Paul is aware of far more than I am with respect to the real obstacles that we face getting our elected officials to respect the Constitution and to take their oath of office seriously.

Therefore I am willing to follow his lead for now. If he thinks he can be more effective in the GOP then I will work within my local Republican Party. If he thinks he can make more of an impact with an independent run then I will support that too.

I don't have much money left to contribute to this campaign cycle. Despite the fact that we're debt free (but the mortgage) and have a decent emergency fund I'm starting to get real worried about my families long-term financial well being. I'm real close to taking a second job just to speed up how fast we can pay off our mortgage and to have some extra money for investing. If that happens I will have even less time to spare than I do now.

But I'll do what little I can for as long as I can, and hopefully I'll be able to reach a few people who will then be motivated as I am to get more involved.

Penners
02-22-2008, 08:01 PM
Why people continue beating this dead horse of a 3rd party run is beyond me. Ron Paul stated plainly that he is a member of the Republican Party and intends to remain one. That alone prohibits him from a 3rd party run.

It may be what a number or even a majority of his grassroots want but he has said it isn't going to happen.

Why does this just go on... and on... and on... and on ... and on...

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-23-2008, 12:42 AM
Why people continue beating this dead horse of a 3rd party run is beyond me. Ron Paul stated plainly that he is a member of the Republican Party and intends to remain one. That alone prohibits him from a 3rd party run.

It may be what a number or even a majority of his grassroots want but he has said it isn't going to happen.

Why does this just go on... and on... and on... and on ... and on...

Because it's worth it to the non-Republican Ron Paul supporters to try to change his mind. Especially in the unlikely event that he loses his Congressional primary. If that's the case, the only dead horse being beaten would be staying in a corpse-like party widely hated by the public and willing to use smears and fraud to annihilate the only movement and man even trying to save it. Let the GOP split and go the way of the Whigs in favor of a new party. Ron Paul and the Revolution are the one force that might be able to send them packing.

nate895
02-23-2008, 12:49 AM
If we can find a good candidate, we can win the GOP nomination in 2012 if we don't win this one.

hueylong
02-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Let him get past March 4th. Once the Congressional Primary is over, we can get back to business.

He can't say boo about Independent, or 3rd Party -- 'til then.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-23-2008, 02:16 AM
Let him get past March 4th. Once the Congressional Primary is over, we can get back to business.

He can't say boo about Independent, or 3rd Party -- 'til then.

I definitely agree. The Congressional re-election is the priority, and it only makes sense to do that under a GOP banner right now.

I'll only believe Dr. Paul has absolutely ruled out an independent or third party run if he is giving a firm NO in April or May.

Mordan
02-23-2008, 06:02 AM
the petitions for ballot access...
so you can petition for someone without his consent?