PDA

View Full Version : Draft coming?

conqst3
02-22-2008, 05:04 AM
I heard an ad on a local radio station in Akron, Ohio for the selective service (draft). The ad was encouraging people to sign up at sss.gov .

I about pooped my pants when I heard it:eek:. I guess this means a draft call is in the works. The sick part is if you go to the website, on the front page it talks about undocumented people signing up in order to get government benefits:mad:. (welfare, "social security".....etc).

It has a date range of 18-25. There is also a link at the top to check if your in the draft lottery.......I found my draft #, but I'm 28, so I'm too old.

I've been saying for a while the the "Government" will offer amnisty to illegals who sign up for the draft.......I guess I was right.

Come on people make sure your signed up for the draft......your "unpatriotic" if you don't:rolleyes:

ValidusCustodiae
02-22-2008, 05:35 AM
Actually, last I checked... the penalty for failure to register with selective service upon reaching age 18 (for males) was a maximum of 5 years in prison with a $300,000 fine.

Not registering could cost you more than your perceived patriotism.

expatriot
02-22-2008, 05:39 AM
Actually, last I checked... the penalty for failure to register with selective service upon reaching age 18 (for males) was a maximum of 5 years in prison with a $300,000 fine.

And registering could cost you your life. end of story

kimo
02-22-2008, 05:54 AM
What did you expect?
Administration promised you a LONG WAR on terror. Itīs obvious that war on terror became war on other nations. Who is to fight..cnn, faux with "space war" videos?

conqst3
02-22-2008, 07:06 AM
What did you expect?
Administration promised you a LONG WAR on terror. Itīs obvious that war on terror became war on other nations. Who is to fight..cnn, faux with "space war" videos?

U.S.A. citizens don't usually listen to the administrations promises......I guess this is one promise they will keep.

How did the U.S.A. become a nation full of stupid people so quick?

thehittgirl
02-22-2008, 07:14 AM
That will be the point when people will wake up. It will be too late. It will be their own damn fault for their own stupidity

Jeremy
02-22-2008, 07:16 AM
I don't think a draft will even by slightly possible... not in this day in age with the internet and all. There'd be instant civil war against the government.

Shed
02-22-2008, 07:18 AM
First, you misspelt "coming".

Secondly, the SSS has existed since 1917. It's a system that determines by lottery who is conscripted, if a draft is instituted. Yes, young males are required to sign up and yes, there are potential penalties for failing to do so.

I don't like the system, but it has nothing to do with the Bush administration or the War on Terror.

liberteebell
02-22-2008, 07:23 AM
U.S.A. citizens don't usually listen to the administrations promises......I guess this is one promise they will keep.

Because the 24/7/365 fear mongering about some islamofascists in a cave somewhere has been extremely effective. Most Americans are effectively scared to death.

nobody's_hero
02-22-2008, 07:28 AM
If they reinstate the draft, this war will end - just like Vietnam.

liberteebell
02-22-2008, 07:32 AM
I don't think a draft will even by slightly possible... not in this day in age with the internet and all. There'd be instant civil war against the government.

Orly?? Not to burst your bubble but...

http://axisoflogic.com/cgi-bin/exec/view.pl?archive=59&num=8231

http://www.house.gov/list/press/ny15_rangel/CBRStatementonDraft02142006.html

Note also that it's men AND women up to the age of 42. Note also that you can't use college as an excuse to get out of it nor can you run to Canada.

All the structure is in place. All our wonderful "leaders" need to do is dust off the bills, vote on 'em and it will be a done deal.

kimo
02-22-2008, 07:38 AM
Because the 24/7/365 fear mongering about some islamofascists in a cave somewhere has been extremely effective. Most Americans are effectively scared to death.

But when they do realize, here is the outcome:
Soldier gets 6-month sentence for refusing to deploy to Iraq

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?section=104&article=52686

Everywhere is like that, not only US..

Jeremy
02-22-2008, 07:43 AM
I'm right though. There'd be massive riots.

Jeremy
02-22-2008, 07:45 AM
Unless it is the all mighty Obama who starts drafting us

*gulp*

liberteebell
02-22-2008, 08:06 AM
I'm right though. There'd be massive riots.

Yes, you are right. That's why I believe it's important to fight it NOW and help our poor military personnel and innocent Iraqi civilians by publicly protesting the war.

As for obamination, we astute "Paultards" know there's not a dime's worth of difference between him, hitlery and mc100yearwar. obamination may have recently stolen from Ron Paul's playbook (we need to talk to them and negotiate with them) but early on, he did say that he wouldn't take nukes off the table against (of all places) Pakistan.

If sitting senators really did want to end this war, they would have done so a long time ago.

So I just tell my obama loving friends to be careful what they wish for, they just may get it...

abe447
02-22-2008, 08:11 AM
They will not bring back the draft. It would be a political disaster. Even if McCain won the general election, the democrats would still hold the Congress and I doubt they'd support a draft for a war that they oppose. The American public would go nuts if a draft was put back into place.

belian78
02-22-2008, 08:14 AM
this is why the Dems are starting to talk about tuition in return for 2yrs of service to the military. its easier to swallow then 'draft'. they say you'll be able to be in administrative, or tech not just infantry, but hell if we go into Iran or somewhere else, all those college hopefuls will find themselves with a gun in one hand and a prayer in the other wishing for a hazing instead of what they're looking at.

Libertytree
02-22-2008, 08:17 AM
D- Charles Rangle is the one who proposed the selective service legislation now sitting in Congress.

All those patriotic young Obama supporters just might be brainwashed enough to fall for it hook, line and sinker.

The military is having a very hard time right now with their recruiting and if we are to continue our warring ways how else will those positions be filled?

slamhead
02-22-2008, 08:20 AM
First, you misspelt "coming".

Ah...no he didn't.

angelatc
02-22-2008, 08:27 AM

And the last time I checked, they haven't prosecuted anybody for that since the early '80's.

The real enforcement trigger is (as always) money. If you don't sign up, you can't get student loans.

mjp1025
02-22-2008, 08:36 AM
I've heard that if the draft is reinstated to fight this "war" on terrorism, they'll be looking for you if you're between the ages of 18 and 42.

Shed
02-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Ah...no he didn't.

When I posted the thread title has two Ms. It's been changed :) .

The One
02-22-2008, 08:45 AM
When I posted the thread title has two Ms. It's been changed :) .

Well, if we're critiquing spelling, punctuation, and grammar, the OP also said "It has a date range of 18-25." I believe the correct phrase would be "age range".:D

Shed
02-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Well, yeah, all of the OP is grammatically incorrect and hysterical about something that isn't new.

kimo
02-22-2008, 08:50 AM
If they reinstate the draft, this war will end - just like Vietnam.

I would say more, that was a public efforts working together with MSM.
We do know which side msm is now, or for many past few years.

kathy88
02-22-2008, 08:55 AM

Television.

Johnny Crab
02-22-2008, 08:57 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bingo!

Read the signature line below this.

Truth Warrior
02-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Ron Paul: [The draft] should be called slavery, involuntary servitude.

Howard Phillips: It violates the 13th amendment, which prohibits involuntary servitude.

Ron Paul: Yeah, and the argument that I've always resented the most was, if you're 18 year old you owe it to your country. I've always wondered why the guy who's 58 and had a million bucks and hadn't served, why doesn't he owe more to this country, maybe he should be on the frontline. 18 year old didn't get anything yet, and he has to go and risk his life.

TheEvilDetector
02-22-2008, 09:26 AM
What did you expect?

BomB Bomb Bomb McInsane McTorture and Pain McCain wants 100 years of war.

Lois
02-22-2008, 10:57 AM
Does Obama favor Mandatory National Service or Voluntary?

davidkachel
02-22-2008, 11:12 AM

HEY! Give us a little credit, dammit!
We've worked long and hard to become a nation of stupid people!!!

amonasro
02-22-2008, 11:19 AM
Does Obama favor Mandatory National Service or Voluntary?

The language in his service plan is ambiguous, probably intentionally so. Some of the things he's proposing are truly frightening. Betcha 99% of his supporters have no clue, even though this can be found on his website:

http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/NationalServicePlanFactSheet.pdf

conqst3
02-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Well, yeah, all of the OP is grammatically incorrect and hysterical about something that isn't new.

Don't blame me...... blame my publik education.

The selective service is nothing new.....I'm well aware of that, the thing that is new is the radio advertisements pushing people to sign up. It's the first time I ever heard it talked about publicly.;)